New Jersey Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Crossblades, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, that is not the reason Deptford TRU has higher prices. It has been explained multiple times. Deptford, and some other TRUs in the country have higher price point stores based on the socioeconomic areas that they are placed in. When did Deptford's prices get raised 20% more than other stores? When Cherry Hill TRU closed for renovation. They knew the area financially would support the higher cost.... so they kept it.

2. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Zildjian is correct. I think GMANIFESS just likes to rile people up.

Bergen County also has higher prices. Their voyagers are $30, while just over the bridge into Passiac they are $25. Right now deluxe prices have dropped but at one time in Bergen they were $18.

3. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All five of that combiner repaint are on the pegs at Walmart Hackettstown. One of each was there. Also one Sandstorm, one Grimwing and one Ultra Magnus.

4. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Grimwing and more Skyquake spotted at TRU Rt 4 today.

5. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Of course Deptford's prices were always high, they support the entire Gloucester County & part of Camden county. And they were higher then normal retail Long before Cherry Hill started renovation. It just went up even higher during the construction. I'm speaking of the the fiasco of MP Thundercracker & MP Prime, which is the only thing i buy from TRU. When they first appeared in Deptford, Cherry Hill was just getting ready to re-open. MP Thundercracker was $79.99, once that initial stock sold out & collectors were begging for it, the price was $84.99 during the second restock. I was told with much irritation numerous times on the phone,& i was told in store that people keep calling about masterpiece transformers. Cherry Hill was reopened by the time the 2nd Thundercracker shipment came in. The first shipment for MP Prime was $119 at Deptford, despite being $99.99 online. Once the first case sold out collectors called & begged, i came in on the 2nd restock & ended up paying $149.99 at Deptford. MP Prime was the last Transformer i bought from TRU. Blame it on geography & socioeconomic conditions if you want, which is technically right because based on that the price goes up because thirsty people have disposable income for the outrageous prices & ToysRus management knows it & takes advantage. Boils down to corporate scalping. It is what it is.
    But since i seem to get people riled up i'll just exit & let those with who have seen it explained multiple times contribute.:peoples: 

6. raz7719

raz7719 Zoa Lord

Hasbrotoyshop under exclusives has shockwave lab set. Most everything is already sold out. Least I got a pony for my wife....or is it for me...

7. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Secaucus TRU had a sale on all RID Prime deluxes and DOTM deluxes, 5$. But they were awll gone by the time I got there.

Jersey City TRU has 2 grimwings and a magnus.

Jersey City Target is a bust...

I need that beast fire predaking!!

8. prfctcellrulz

prfctcellrulz Pokémon Trainer/WWE Champion

News Credits:
    So do I!!! But I'm probably gonna do the wise thing and pre-order it on Target.com

9. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I don't think you were trying to rile anyone up....

Anyway, no individual TRU has the ability to raise prices. The MP Prime and TC was a chain wide price increase last year.

10. Hotrod1084

Hotrod1084 Well-Known Member

Agreed. From personal experience arguing with the managers at Deptford; they don't set the prices (corporate does).

I myself stopped going there for a while because this left a bad taste in my mouth. I did learn, however, that some managers will refund you the difference (after your purchase) if it is cheaper online. I did that with MP10 last year and they gave me back the difference 6-7 days after I bought him.

11. Star Streak

Star Streak Predacon

You can also pull up the TRU website (or target/walmart if their prices are lower) on your phone, and they will Price Match their own website. They even did it for transformers that weren't on the site yet, if I showed figures from the same line/class. I've done it in many locations with no problem, just show it to the cashier - the manager has never gotten involved.

By their own policies, they can't turn down a valid Price Match request.. Maybe that will help some of you who are also in high-priced areas. (I live in Bergen and often shop around Essex and Passaic as well).

12. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Just an FYI, I went to TRU on Rt 17 today, and was there early enough to get one of their store managers. He went searching "in the system" to see if any of the MP Soundwave was on the way, and told me I "wasn't the first to ask."

In any case, they have nothing in store, nothing on the way. The guy was nice enough to check Rt 4, and found the same info. He did say he saw a listing pop-up in Burlington and Eatontown, except while both stores came up, both showed zero in stock.

He could not say yes/no whether MP Soundwave would be coming up this way. He apologized for not being able to get me more info.

Nice guy, I believe him. Maybe the August release date is accurate, and places getting it early are stores not following an "on sale date" possibly?

13. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well... if MP Rodimus is any indicator... we could wind up waiting another month at the very least. Took some two months almost from California sightings to being available in Jersey IIRC.

Anywho... TRU has the Buy One Get One Half Off stuff for Transformers... which was great because I snagged the only complete FoC Wreckers set (last TRU I went two had only four of the five... with Three of one Wrecker... oi...) Had that 15$ coupon for a 50$ purchase to the Rewards card... so they averaged some 7.50. XD

As of Yesterday, the Wayne TRU had a few of the earlier waves of Beast Hunters deluxes... FoC Deluxes... and three out of the five Wreckers left. There's a small group of TF Prime Magnus and Thundertrons... and a whole slew of BH Shockwave Voyagers with two Predakings. Think there were two MP Thundercrackers in case anyone wants to snag two for 110 bucks... o_O 

This. Had a TRU rep tell me this a while back too... Totowa and Wayne sport lower prices... whereas Paramus *always* sports a significant markup... to which I always ignore that that chain exists save for the Masterpiece figures. (Which BTW they gave me trouble in price-matching to their website last year... refused to let me apply a coupon as well, as price-match is counted as a coupon. Blech...)

14. Hellion42

Hellion42 Unreliable News Source

News Credits:
    Interesting. It's a bit far to stalk, though.

Still have yet to see a Generations Voyager in my area since the triple changers hit.

15. hailstarscream

hailstarscream UNICRONIAN

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Been searching for MP Soundwave and same story like omegax80 said. I just find it funny how's there's always a "Buy 1 get 1 50%" RIGHT BEFORE an MP is released.
    Good luck hunting guys.

16. Omegax80

News Credits:
    I expect MP Soundwave to hit Jersey as soon as the BOGO sale is over. Usually the way it works.

TRU distribution sucks.
    Those Assholes.

17. Alpha_&_Omega

Alpha_&_Omega From the Covenant of Primus...

TRU somerville circle had a grimwing and BH magnus around 6:30. Already have them so they are probably still there.

18. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Jersey City TRU had a BH Magnus last I went there. Those Ultimate Primes are shelfwarming too--I need to find a damn Beast Fire Predaking though!

19. Star Streak

Star Streak Predacon

Last night at 11:30PM or so, Walmart in riverdale had a fresh restock. Grabbed an UM, left a grimwing, optimus, and Sharkticon Megatron there. Tons of BH Deluxe wave 2 and cyberverses, and two full sets of Wreckers.

Happy hunting!

20. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Bayonne Walmart has all 5 of the wreckers...