New Jersey Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Crossblades, Apr 18, 2003.

1. GMANIFESS

GMANIFESS G1 Manifestations

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sadly. His attitude represents most of my retail experiences with most stores thru the years. Except Target. Where you can plug in the DPCI # on the red box & it is usually correct, despite what the employee thought he or she knew. I'm usually the one educating them on their own store stock.

90% of the time at TRU, they want to go to the website that the customer has access too, as if accessing the in-store computer is just too much work.

The price of shipping online usually balances out the wasted gas & aggrevation of dealing with lazy idiots. I guess i've been out of the hunting game for a while since there hasnt been much TF merchandise i've cared about.
    RANT over...

But anyway.. let's get this thread back on track...

2. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Seconded.

3. Prime002

Prime002 Well-Known Member

With that.....there was lone Prime Dreadwing @ TRU Union.

4. N3M3S1S PR1ME

N3M3S1S PR1ME Revenge is Comin

lone Dreadwing at Target in Union

5. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

TRU took down the GDO listings from the website. The only listings remaining are the two scouts that were left in stock. I guess we can forget about a restock.

6. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Two out of the four Legends/Legion class are up

Toys"R"Us/Babies"R"Us

7. taurusfire1

taurusfire1 NUTS OF DESTRUCTION!!

Now all of them are up, but motormast(what TRU is calling Motorbreath/Motormaster) and thundercracker are sold out :( 

8. Crossbones 1984

Crossbones 1984 Delicious, eh Shrapnel?

I was lucky enough to nab one lone GDO Cliffjumper on Friday around 4:30PM from Deptford (thanks for the heads up). The others that you hid were long gone. As I was there, two other collectors came over and scoured and were less than happy with my find. When I went to pay at customer service (the only line open...) there was another cool dude who had called ahead and they pulled one each from the assortment and he drove 45 minutes to claim them. We chatted and its always cool to find another decent collector, since there are so many a-holes out there.

If anyone spies any more in Deptford, please give a shout!

9. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Secaucus TRU still has the GDO deluxes, there were only one of each though when I left, out in the open. I still haven't seen a Voyager Dreadwing yet, any sightnings in Jersey City would be awesome, or Bayonne Wal-Mart even. Secaucus Wal-Mart had the new wave of PRIME deluxes still, but don't think they restocked since I was last there

10. Guitarbot

Guitarbot Active Member

Do you mind if I ask where specifically you saw the GDOs in Secaucus? I was just there tonight as well, but a fellow fan had just beaten me to the very last Swerve... no sign of the others, even though the customer service desk said they were on the floor...

11. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is a "collector" section in the TRU stores where they are technically supposed to be, not with the rest of the Transformers, so be sure to check there.

12. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Vehicons are back in stock at HTS!

13. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aaaaand, 40 mins later, they're gone. Missed my chance... at least Airachnid is back also.

14. cvmaas

cvmaas Well-Known Member

A collector section? Woah, where or what is that? What other items are usually in this section? I hit 3 TRU's on a regular basis and don't remember seeing a "collector" section, is this just certain TRU's?

For reference, I hit, Livingston, Totowa and Rockaway.

15. WuLongTi

WuLongTi Cyber Ninja Web Developer

News Credits:
    I think that's the section where all the overpriced videogame merch is right?

I'm surprised you don't hit up the Wayne one on the Hamburg Tpk too ...though it is pretty getto.... :/

16. cvmaas

cvmaas Well-Known Member

I went there once when everyone was talking about the KMart clearance sale, and going back there just blew my mind! I just can't do it again! I grew up around here, and back in the day that now mostly closed mall over by that TRU was THE mall to goto before Willowbrook opened.

So many happy toy related memories there as a kid, to go back is like being teleported in time, but with that god awful TRU that looks like it opened in the 1930s with just a terrible selection, it doesn't bring back the same memories haha

I was going to take you there with me Saturday morning before I toppled over and hide behind you as protection!

Ok, on a sighting related note, MP TC is no longer available for shipping on TRU.com and most of the stores. You CAN order it for store pickup in Rockaway, as I just did, where you can use the $10 off coupon to help offset the new $74.99 price tag. It's still showing as available for pickup in Rockaway.

17. ChErikS

ChErikS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its the section with the more McFarlane-esque figures and other limited assortment stuff.

18. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I work in Oakland, so that's my usual lunch stop TRU. I've actually had pretty good luck there. The good thing is that they are so small that they don't carry a lot of inventory, so they usually don't get bogged down in wave 1 products like many of the other stores do. Recently I managed to get FOC Prime like the first week they stared showing up in South Jersey. I also got CV Dreadwing and Ironhide well before any other north jersey sightings. Just stay away from that Kmart. I think Marshalls has a better toy dept.

19. Big Filipino

Big Filipino John 3:16-17 says it all

News Credits:
    Picked up Rumble and Kup at Target in Jersey City. Not sure how many are in a case but those were the only ones on the shelf. But at 18.99 each I'm not sure I want to shop at this Target anymore. It's getting pretty ridiculous now in terms of their pricing.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  20. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    HTS looks like the way to go on Rumble and Kup. $12.99 at HTS (when in stock) and still free shipping on a $50 order.