New Jersey Transformers Sightings

Discussion in 'Transformers Sightings' started by Crossblades, Apr 18, 2003.

1. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

Neptune Target had nothing of note.

2. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Deptford Target: 2 Jazz and 2 Tracks.

Deptford Walmart & TRU: Nothing.

Sewell Target: Nothing.

3. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

is it me or is ordering online the way to go now?

4. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    if you want to avoid driving to stores and back, then yes. In some cases it certainly is, if you recall the disasterous trend with the Universe Classics Legends wave that had Warpath, Cosmos..etc, as very few of those ever even hit stores for some reason.

I never found Dirge nor Blurr at any stores, only online.

I regret not jumping on Wreck-Gar or Kup as it seems those will too be very elusive.

5. Mark94

Mark94 Well-Known Member

Nothing to report in the Burlington area.

Only thing people might be interested in are 5 MP Grimmies at the Burlington TRU.

6. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YES!
    Thanks to Hasbro's West to East distribution model, most of the time HTS will have new stuff available on theirs site well before it's arrival anywhere near NJ.

Plus with discount codes you can usually get your haul at, or close to, retail prices. Heck I've even done better than retail when HTS has 20% off + free shipping.

Also, you avoid getting shafted on stuff that never makes it to retail around here. HA Mudflap (granted, he showed up almost a full year later with a great discount) or the Universe Legends- Warpath, Wheelie, Cosmos, Hot Rod.

And in my case, with a 2 month old at home now, I can't spend nearly the same amount of time hunting as I used to.

7. Prime002

Prime002 Well-Known Member

I agree, Online has been the way to go. Congrat's on the little one!

8. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

Online really does work out well, but it still doesn't equall the excitement of finding your prey on the shelf.. LOL

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

For anyone interested, there is a Toy Show this Saturday from 10am-4pm at the Grand Marketplace in Willingboro, NJ. Last years was pretty good! Here is the link to their website.

10. yossarian1373

yossarian1373 Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to this one. Has anyone else noticed a lack of Classics/Generations lines at the NJ conventions? I didn't see any really at the TF con in November or the Winter Fever con a couple weeks ago.

11. Megatronwp38

I did notice that too. I was looking for a loose Ramjet.

12. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that's because most of those figures are still at retail. Toy shows tend to be older, loose stuff in my experience. I wish there were some shows up north more, like the one or two that were in Woodbridge a while back. All these ones near Philly are just too far for me to make it to.

Still nothing new at Target Manalapan, and nothing of interest at TRU Toms River last Saturday.

13. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Oh boy! Oh Boy! What a find!

TRU on Route 17 North has tons of ROTF Figures! Stalker Scorponok! Cannon Bumblebee! Dead End, Sideways! Wow even some Desert Brawl! TONS AND TONS of them, all for $11.99!!!!! Oh boy I better go get me a truck! Never saw these figures before and gosh-golly who knows how long they will sit there!?

Seriously, I think I know why Northern NJ TRU's don't get new figures, we get all the trash leftover from other stores.

14. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's funny, I stopped at TRU in Wayne. You know, the crappy one that's less than a mile from their WORLD HQ. They had a full island by the entrance door with all early ROTF toys. If you missed out on Yellow Rampage, Deep Desert Brawl or the elusive Hoist/Mixmaster 2 pack, that's the place to go.

15. Doc Pirahna

Doc Pirahna Well-Known Member

The TRU in Freehold is still choked with all that garbage as well.

16. Megatronwp38

Well the Classics and Universe figures have not been at retail in a few years. I was looking for a loose Classics Ramjet and Sunstreaker and have yet to see one at any of the shows. I just need the hand gun for Sunstreaker as mine is missing it.

17. henry_earth

henry_earth Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nothing at hazlet TRU except for a lone rodimus minor. Kmart hazlet one turbo tracks. Target nothing. Brick Target and walmart Nothing. and i feel its gonna stay this dry for a while. Better luck prob buying them online

18. N3M3S1S PR1ME

N3M3S1S PR1ME Revenge is Comin

OMG i had a terrible dream that I was in a target and they remodeled the store and they no longer carried good toys, it was alot of those cheap toys. I asked an associate and he was like no we no longer carry transformers. Thank god it was only dream. Yes I dream transformers, how bad is that.

19. AutoCon2076

AutoCon2076 Brightest can in toolshed

Wal-Mart, Target, and Toys R Us in Princeton all have the same garbage as the other areas yall listed. I occasionally go out to Bristol & Langhorne PA to look; the same stores over there all have the same trash yet again. What bothers me though is that I have seen some RTS figures at the Langhorne Target, but they're just the recolors from the HFTD figures. Almost makes me think somebody out there is scalping Tracks and Jazz from the set.

The Langhorne Target did have two Dirges and three Thunderwings the other day, though. Too bad most of us have them already.

~Z

20. Zildjian

Zildjian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you to the mods for removing those posts.... from now on just ingnore the children that post here...

Anyway.... found a lone Wreck-Gar at the Target in Vorhees. The package was damaged to hell, and no other figures from that wave present. Might have been a HTS.com return? Anyone here?