New Jazz Pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by animatt, May 15, 2007.

1. Masterpiece Devastator

Masterpiece Devastator Well-Known Member

not a fan. Also I am trying to get a picture to show on the bottom of my posts and as such am amking a bunch of little posts to get it to work. sorry.

2. Akumaxv

Akumaxv Well-Known Member

Still waiting for someone to explain why robots need lips, or why they have metal rods directly in front of their "pupils"....guess they must have some sort of X-Ray vision.

That being said, Jazz is one of the best of the craptastic General Grevious inspired designs out of the movie. I wonder why the other ones couldn't look as clean and not so "shards of metal shaped to look like a humanoid form".

He definately is one of the cleaner and easier on the eyes design, and his look in Maxim blows away the earlier shots we've seen of him.

Almost as easy on the eyes as Megan Fox...

Almost....

3. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you can test it in the control panel itself by clicking preview. also the correct way is:

[​IMG]

4. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

OMG I was thinking the same thing!!!!!!
    He definately needs to have the viser down. With the full face, he just looks like a goofy gremlin.

5. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    That's the reason! You need lips to kiss Megan Fox, of course!

Jazz looks great. I think the differences between the three models is due to its Work In Progress status. Nothing to do with a reformating like Bumblebee.

-airfox

6. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hope this helps:

[​IMG]

7. Scraggin

Scraggin Banned

One thing I dislike about the design is the exposed internals for his um... "Top" area? It looks pretty bad, it would have been better to cover it up somehow. Shame since he's so close to an alternator otherwise.

8. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    Yeah,

You guys are correct...It is different...looks good.....:cool: 

Of course...think of how much geometry ILM has of the 'Bots and all the different parts, pieces, and various stages of their development...They can swap a part or helmet, or even head with the touch of a button.....

9. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    The answer to those questions are clear to me. Expression! The guys could smile and frown or scowl and all that...and yet their faces are made of metal. They can't give them rubber faces...that would look silly. Give the robots mouths (I would not really call them lips) and then they can smile and what not. But wait, the eyes are the gateway to the soul...or perhaps the Spark? They needed to figure out a way to make the eyes expressive. We can't see it in still pictures but I bet those metal rods will move and adjust with their expressions.

I don't know if anyone has noticed BB's eyebrows. They are there! Just SCREAMING at me! Its stuff like that is what makes these designs so NEAT!

10. Puppetdisaster

Puppetdisaster Well-Known Member

so close to being perfect and yet so far , whatthe fuck is with the Talons for hands?, and what is up with the non Battle mode face, what mess

11. Zenith Prime

Zenith Prime To shreds you say?

I'm sorry, but I can't see how that becomes that!! Not enough kibble or anything!

12. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I think you can modify your signature and test it by reloading the page. There's no need to do a new post. Notice in all your previous posts in this thread, there's the same signature, even so you've changed it several times in the last hour.

-airfox

13. Masterpiece Devastator

Sorry for all the "Signiture test" posts. I think I got it figured out. Thanks to those who offered advice.

As to these picts of Jazz, I think my new sig clearly shows what Id like. Its a fine Robot. Not a transformer, and since when is Jazz all dark and scary? I think they went a little too literal with actual car parts. Change is necessary when adapting this to the big screen, just not this much.

14. Masterpiece Devastator

thanks for pointing that out. I see it now. I got the thumbnail thingy to work and that should do just fine. Thanks.

15. Simian

Simian Biscuits and Gravy....???

News Credits:
    You are correct sir...This is very true...

Look at the "Im Optimus" trailer and you can see the various parts of his face moving to form expression...The rods in front of his eves seem to act as eyelids..As I'm sure they do on Jazz as well...I mean these guys gotta relate to us somewhat...mimicing us would seem logical otherwise they would have no need for any human attributes...

16. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Please don't use the News forum for signature testing, its spam. spamming the boards isn't tolerated.

17. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

k, didn't want to know something happens to Jazz. :(  I don't mean to single you out, cause there's a few other posts that have suggested it. But damn.

Now I need to gather enough self-discipline to ignore any and all movie posts that don't specifically have to do with toys. :( 

18. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I think that's an excellent looking JAZZ right there. Better than any previous render (obviously)

19. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

WOAH! I think I need a new pair of pants. That is SICK!

20. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As I said before, Jazz is the best design from the movie - cool, sleek, takes elements from his G1 incarnation and generally you can see what he transforms into and where each part goes. Plus, he has a face. I really don't see why they couldn't have given a similar face to BB, Ratchet, Starscream... and pretty much anyone else. Jazz could do emotional signs with this face, the others... hardly.

I wonder if the Japanese Movie Prowl is going to be a repaint of Jazz, or maybe they will rename Jazz Prowl in Japan?