New Info on Transformers: Cyberverse

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JimTheJIRRMan, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Part of me would really like to see him with a 'stache or goatee (though not a full beard since it obviously wouldn't fit beneath his mask).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    lmao now i want prime with a full beard and a mask. he has to carefully tuck the beard just right before putting his mask up.

• Like Like x 4
  3. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    Yo. Anything to give this team more personality and attention. And I mean the good kind of attention. Not "Hey luk iz a gurl combiner! buy it!" attention.

• Like Like x 1
  4. scrapmetaru

scrapmetaru Well-Known Member

Yeah, why do kids shows have to look kiddish? Where are my Goreformers for MEN?! Come on, Hathblow, gimme an Optimus that hates people, and drinks heavily! And the red on him should be BLOOOOOD11!1
    Get your head out of your ass.

• Like Like x 7
  5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    This is the reason why this will focus on Bee
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  6. Seripa

Seripa Servant of Unicron

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I don\'t like the protagonism that they give to Windblade but I will give it a chance, Bee is my fav characters from all the TF universe so, for me, it\'s really cool to see Bee being the main character again

7. FAKER II

FAKER II Cheap Repaint

Just because the show is for children, that doesn't mean the aesthetics need to look like it's drawn for 4 year olds. The bots from the old G1 cartoon, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, RID 2001, Armada, Energon, and Cybertron don't look like they're from a Disney kids cartoon. It wasn't until Animated that Transformers started looking like Disney cartoons. I blame the Michael Bay movies for being so incredibly violent and vulgar that they went too far the other direction with the cartoons.

• Like Like x 1
  8. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The Evergreen's look is so much better though...

9. Honorbound

Honorbound Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I actually like the art style so far - it's good to see noses back, the lack of pupils doesn't mean that the characters can't emote with their eyes. The DCAU proved otherwise.

As far as the premise goes, it sounds like it has a lot of potential. Bee as the main character's a little annoying, but the idea of him being an amnesiac is interesting. Windblade looks the same as ever, with very little changeup from the previous incarnations. I suppose that Hasbro's trapped themselves with her - they made such a big deal out of her creation that they can't not use her. Optimus looks fine from what little we see. I'm wondering about his reduced screen presence lately, though. RID, TLK, and this show have put him out of the spotlight.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Novus

Novus Homestuck Convert

News Credits:
    Not even what he said he just and he just wants more realistic designs.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    More Bumblebee focus? Check.
    More Windblade focus? Check.
    Ugly character designs? Check.

Guess I'm ignoring this just like RID.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TyrantLizardKing

TyrantLizardKing Lord of all Terrible Lizards

No. Not at all. Keep those things far away. Same goes for Anode, Lug, Strafe and Aileron.

Use Arcee, Chromia, Elita-1,or even Blackarachnia for pity's sake.

If you really wanna make me and others happy, use Nautica.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some of us have been saying that was the Cyberverse design, but SOME PEOPLE (LOL) insisted it was only for the Evergreen line.

14. JoshimusPrime1993

JoshimusPrime1993 Rev up and Roll out!

News Credits:
    I really hope this new show is good, RID at the moment is just a little disappointing in my opinion. Bumblebee does have a nice combination of the TF Prime/RID look with the G1 design and I do like it. Windblade looks okay I guess, a bit more colour on her would\'ve been good. I can\'t really say much for Optimus though but I really do hope that he has an awesome sense of humor. For too long now Optimus has been way too serious and that\'s something I really hope that the writers of this new show will improve on. 

15. Convotron

Convotron Well-Known Member

I definitely like the art direction more than RiD. It hearkens back to the stylized human faces in G1, aka Super Robot face designs.

I can understand the general sentiment for desiring a less "kid friendly" show concept but it is a kid's franchise afterall. In fact, I too would like to see a more mature angle but at the same time, one of my favourite TF shows is TFA, which was undeniably kid oriented, both in concept and art style, so I must admit that even kid friendly TF shows can win me over.

The most important thing for me is that the show isn't out yet. Until I watch the first few episodes, I can't judge it properly.

16. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Scattered thoughts:

Bumblebee's design is basically his briefly used IDW mini-series design that the 2013/Thrilling 30 figure was based on, just with the windshield as his chest instead of car hood.

I like that Windblade is the deuteragonist.

Optimus' head look a lot like his Tribute 2-pack Orion Pax head, with eyebrows. Said design in turn is based on his earlier IDW pre-war no faceplate look also used for 2013/Thrilling 30.

Bumblebee's being focused on for a couple of very obvious reasons: One, he theoretically is still pretty popular thanks to the movies, peg warming aside (which let's be honest, is more due to Hasbro's constant terrible choices in wave allocation than any sign of popularity or lack of). Two, Hasbro is clearly pushing him as the replacement for Optimus in a somewhat more organic way of gradually increasing his exposure while decreasing Optimus', instead of the more "you'll take this replacement and you'll like it!" route they took with Rodimus.

The only question in my mind is whether this has anything to do with Peter Cullen, or whether it has to do with how Optimus has gradually been depicted more and more as a father figure type of the past decade, and we all know how kids just love to act like their dads.

Also, the other recent "kid appeal" characters (Smokescreen and Sideswipe) seem to have not stuck as well.

Lastly, I love how so many people are automatically assuming it's going to be a 11 minute episode series based on nothing more than the art style ...

17. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Glad to see the noses are back! :thumb  "Useless"? Not half as useless as genders in TFs. Seriously, don't be goofy and start nerd-picking apart the franchise with "logic". :rolleyes2 

To be fair, all of those shows were "mediocre" and probably did not score so well with kids (with the exception of G1). The movies spawned both Animated AND Prime, didn't it? The two shows are so different, it's hard to say the movies had a lasting effect on anything (other than removal of noses?).

Making the characters look more kid-friendly is a good strategy - it worked for Rescue Bots, remember?

I think eventually you need to admit that you're aged out of "Transformers" and move onto 3P, a scene where you don't get mocked for wanting adult characters. I suppose the comics are another good alternative, too. Maybe the movies. Just not the cartoons.

The most you can look forward to (from a TF cartoon) is a conflicted mess. For example, TF Prime featured young kids for young kids, but then mucked things up with creepy, adult story lines. :confused: 

18. Louise Belcher

Louise Belcher Autobot loves Android

News Credits:
    Lol! I hope not, though it's unlikely I will watch it anyway.

Actually TTG got the best characters desgins I've seen lately in children cartoons...which is kinda sad, but still I think they're quite good. I'm not a big fan of these new TF characters designs, but hey, they're very detailed and don't look all the same with different clothes and hair-_-. So in today's sad standards, it's pertty good.

Windbalde design is really great as a toy, however as an alien robot like the rest of transformers, she too much certain earth culture motifs...in other words, she looks like a weeabo fan art (which she is:p ). I don't like Arcee and Elita original G1 designs either as they look to much humanoid to the point they just look like mecha armor for women. TF Animated did a great redesign of Arcee and fembots in general. The only good female design from RiD was Flich who never got toy:(  and it would be awesome to add her to decepticon crew besides Blackarachnia.

Animated character design was great for the most part, it was basically Gorillaz/Teen Titans as TF^^.

Michael Bay ruined Bumblebee who was always the cute small sidekick of the transformers and was never leader material. On the bright side, he looks cute again and not generic autobot. Blurr could use more spotlight, indeed.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    We just questioned it was confirmed. It was kinda hard to believe. Lol

20. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm okay with the Torchbearers. They are open enough to make good characters from them. F the IDW original characters tho. I'd rather have Nightscream and Noble Savage back than the IDW SJW brownshirts.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.