New Info for TF The last Knight: Sqweeks can only say chihuahua and Hot Rod has a french accent

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by w1n1fred, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got that from the Movie Arcee Wiki, but I'm guessing her crossed-out face turned up on one those cards they showed in AOE.

2. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

I think he's trying to say that some fans make excuses for the racism in G1 while complaining about the racism in the movies.

3. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Didn't Shockwave stomp Arcee in the movie comics, or was that another one of the non-character bike girls?

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    No it was Elita 1 that Shockwave stomped on.

5. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    Sadly, I'm sure this is actually exactly how it happened... :cry 

Except, even more likely, it was like

"So we bought this bad ass Lamborghini, and designed this starfish-faced robot mode for him..."

"Can't think of which name in this Transformers book to slap on him, though..."

"...Hot Rod?"

"Yeah, sounds good, let's do it."

"Oh, by the way, we need to get some twitter buzz, how about we give him an accent?"

"Well, we've been shooting in England, Africa, and the US, so how 'bout France? For the heck of it."

6. Dachande

Dachande Formerly Yaujta... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was talking to a co-worker today that is into movies, and he asked if I saw the trailer. I said yes and asked him what he thought.
    He isn't a big Transformers fan, but he's seen the other movies with his son.
    His reaction to the trailer was this: "Looks awful. Probably going to be another explosion-fest without a good story, though I don't see how it could be worse than the last one."
    Coming from someone without a vested interest (ie. non-Transformer fan), this is pretty telling for me.
    So, I went on to tell him some of the 'leaked' information. He rolled his eyes.

7. Galvatross

Galvatross Dreklord of Ogremarr Veteran

I am not denying your story, but truthfully it's no more telling than the many people I know who aren't big Transformers fans and want to see this. I know people that are already excited for it after the trailer.

Truth is every movie that internet fans go nuts for will have detractors in the general public, and every movie that fans love to hate will have members of the general public think it's fantastic. Also, you have fans that disagree with other fans. The idea that the opinion of one or a few people or even a single fan site is indicative of the entire fandom or the perceptions of the general public is not realistic by any stretch.

Also, I stand by previous statements of mine that these films are very heavily based on the source material. I would much rather have the films we currently have than 99% of the fan ideas I see out there that fans think would be "better."

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I won't deny that having Sqweeks only say chihuahua is kind of dumb-sounding. And yet, it's so random and yet so specific, I can't help but wonder if it's relevant to the plot. Maybe Anthony Hopkins has a pet chihuahua. Maybe a Decepticon is in a chihuahua disguise. Maybe the chihuahua is the key to saving the universe.

Maybe Sqweeks was trying to save a chihuahua during a battle and that was the last thing he was thinking about before he got almost-killed.

9. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

It seems to me you got offended for absolutely no reason since you said the exact same thing he did?

10. Zook

Zook Evil Incarnate

These movies are rated PG13 and usually use their one f-bomb. Why dumb it down with g-rated nonsense like robots only saying "Chihuahua?"

11. XXLMagnus

XXLMagnus King of Kings

Damn they must have paid Sir Anthony a ridiculous boatload of cash to be in this farce .... and you wonder why they say actors are a heavy drinker set ....

12. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    It's bad enough that Hot Rod's design for this movie is garbage...now he speaks like ze French? What's he gonna do, run away from every battle?

And "Chihuahua" is a silly word, yes. Probably why they went with it. But as a Chihuahua owner, this shit annoys me. It's a word I say a lot, so it's not really going to be funny to hear it for 2 1/2 hours.

Uuuuuugh. And then Bumblebee and Prime fighting in the trailer makes me think some really dumb shit like mind control will play a part in the story...

13. Galvatross

What's so bad about mind control in a film about Transformers? Mind control has a long history in the brand. Cerebro-shells. "Dark Awakening." Mindwipe. It would hard;y be the first time. If you don't like the idea that's okay, but it's definitely something at home in Transformers.

14. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Sure, that may be true, but my issue is that I can't see a character who's supposed to be as strong of will as Optimus Prime succumbing to mind control. If it's Bumblebee being controlled, he'd probably have less of a fortitude than Prime to resist it, but if it's Prime, I can't see him being controlled by what I'm assuming are his creators, be those the suggested "Quintessons" or something else. Just doesn't make sense to me.

15. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:

It might be deeper than that. Perhaps it's a failsafe and Optimus is actually supposed to be inherently evil?

And I mean, who better to control someone (if that's the case) then their own creator. It would make more sense than some random villain of the week, as it were.

16. Galvatross

Fair enough, although I see it a little differently. Since the Quintessons created the Trasnfromers they also know how they function. Also, it was the Quintessons who controlled Prime in "Dark Awakening."

Also, remember that the Transformers in this universe are made out of a programmable metal. Galvatron may have been able to disobey human orders, but who is to say that would be the case for an intelligent species with a lot more expertise and experience with Transformers than humans? Lockdown indicated that the Quintessons created the Transformers to do as they were told. They were made to be a race of slaves originally.

17. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    In the trailer Optimus says "Forgive me" so he's cleary still in control of his mind for the most part. More of his motor functions being hijacked.

18. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    • Get ready to see a submarine Transformer. seaspray?

19. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    yep
    • Hot Rod is in the film and he’s got a French accent, but he’s not from France. Bay said “he just likes the accent.”