New in the Collector Business

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Urshak, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Urshak

Urshak Active Member

Hey there

Just a few weeks ago I found out about these detailed Transformers "Toys" so I ordered a bunch of them.

Since I was a child I was fascinated by Robots and Cars so the joy was great when I saw these Transformers for the first time.

So I got the MPM07 Bumblebee just because it was officially VW licensed and available and then I saw all the third party products.

In the third party category I went all out.

Newage XM1 Mista Soundwave DOTM
    For me the car mode really stood out because it is solid and close to the real Car.
    But the Robotmode looks good too.

4th Party Oversized AAT SFT-01 Firage Dino Mirage
    From the 4 I got it is the cheapest and you directly feel it. Flimsy Legs and poor cutouts from the plastic parts. It was on sale too and it looks like a Ferrari and sports some cool Blades in Robotmode. So it is alright I guess.

Unique Toys UT R-01 Peru Kill AOE Lockdown
    It is the opposite of the Dino Firage. You can feel the quality directly in the touch and both modes are awesome.

DX9 K3 La Hire Rodimus Hot Rod
    Like the Peru Kill outstanding quality and very good transformation process.

So besides the Firage I enjoyed these Toys very much and pre ordered some.

I went for the
    WeiJiang MPM04 Black Apple Optimus Prime Oversized
    and the
    Transcraft TC-02 Bumblebee.

So you can see what I like and hope you guys can show me some good ones in high quality with realistic car modes.

I realize that most of the realistic ones are from the movies but I didn't really payed attention. I watched the first 2 ones way back when and don't got much interest in watching the other 3 or I don't know how much are out there.

So anyway tell me which ones are great and hopefully still available.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Truong3016

Truong3016 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    welcome friend
    a new 3rd party company just tease their OP with a wonderful car mode I think you would like it, but no word on release day yet

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. mikequillm

mikequillm Well-Endowed Member

News Credits:
    Run while you're wallet is still full;) 

• Like Like x 29
  4. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    Maybe take a look at Unique Toys Galvatron, another ridiculous feat of engineering!

• Like Like x 5
  5. the oaf

the oaf Well-Known Member

Or, if you are dead set on collecting, go for legends. Your (remaining) bank balance will thank you.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    If you like Peru Kill and La Hire, I can comfortably recommend the other UT movie figures- Challenger (AoE/TLK Optimus), Dragoon (TLK Megatron), and Nero (AoE Galvatron). They all have similarly clever engineering where it almost looks like they shouldn't transform but they do, and in a way that's not too terribly complicated.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Urshak

Urshak Active Member

I am not deadset but I couldn't resist.
    And yes I pre-ordered the H27 Optimus and the Box with H25 & H26 Bumblebee and Cliffjumper from Newage.

The looked just nice in the little legends scale.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Urshak

Urshak Active Member

The Galvatron just looks amazing but I couldn't find it for the normal price.
    I just saw some Aftersales and that's the first time logic kicked in.

As for the Optimus Prime and Megatron.
    I got the WeiJiang MPM04 in the Pipeline and I would like to dodge collecting duplicates. Yes I can see that they are different versions but it's the same character.
    The Megatron looks nice and I will wait for some colored Pictures. I think it still got ways to go before release

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

News Credits:
    It's been said that the UT Galvatron will get KO'd, like Peru Kill and Dragoon did, so maybe keep an eye out for that

• Like Like x 1
  10. Urshak

Urshak Active Member

Perfect thanks for the Info.

And I saw that there are different versions of Megatron from UT. I meant the one with the MadMax style Truck alt mode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Urshak

Urshak Active Member

So I just wanted to tell you guys that I also couldn't resist the UT-R04 :D 

• Like Like x 2
  12. Megawillbot

Megawillbot Well-Known Member

pretty nice first choices i gotta say

i heavily recommend mpm03, very underrated
    also black mamba ares nitrogen

• Like Like x 1
  13. Urshak

Urshak Active Member

Thx. But I think that the credit goes to the community. I've watched some reviews and as I understand it the Firage is the only one not from UT. (Edit forgot the Newage Mista)

The Black Mamba Nitro looks good but I think I will draw the line because it is a jet.

The MPM03 is on the list. But right now I am waiting for something that can stand up to the TC-02.

But I am already contradicting myself.
    A few Posts ago I didn't want to get a second Optimus. :rolleyes: 

14. Rath

Rath Well-Known Member

Oh no it won't. It's way easier to justify the smaller prices to your wallet but you end up spending the same or more.

You'll get a lot more robots at least, though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Swiften

Swiften Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Awesome buys. Transcraft TC-02 Bumblebee is honestly an amazing piece of engineering and looks extremely accurate in both modes. The transformation is bit of a chore, but it's worth it.

If you want a great centerpiece figure, Studio Cell's Pumpkin (Unicron) is probably the best figure in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Roger Semerad

Roger Semerad Well-Known Member

You've already got some of the best movie toys out there, so I'll recommend some with a different aesthetic. The Alternity line was an official one that came out in 2009. They are still readily available brand new from many different retailers for good prices, as long as you're not particular about getting a specific version. There were many different repaints. Some are much harder to find than others. This line had some of the best car modes of any transforming toy out there. With interior details, like a steering wheel, dashboard, and seats, and opening hood with engine details. The robot modes are also well done, and I feel hold up today. They also use a lot of high quality paint, so they look very nice. The mold based on the Nissan GTR is the best in the line, and I also recommend the Nissan Fairlady Z. Here's a link for a GTR on preorder, and here is one that's in stock.

I'd also keep an eye open for the Fans Toys Stunticons. Right now they're hard to find, but there seems to be a reissue coming soon. Note that although this toy has opening doors, there isn't any interior details. Still a very good alt mode though.

The Masterpiece G1 line also has a lot of really good car modes. Skids is the most recent and is well worth looking into.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Urshak

Urshak Active Member

I've looked through these suggestions and there are some pretty good ones that fit my taste.

I like most of the car modes from the Alternity line. Just because these are detailed in car mode and different cars than the classic ones.
    But overall these give me a pretty cheap vibe for the price and as detailed as the car modes are the transformation and the Robotmode suffer pretty heavily. Not sure on that one.

The Stunticons were something I tumbled over earlier on the board. There they talked about a release from DX9. In both versions I just saw the countach style one and was already sold :D 
    It is just the most iconic car from the 80s and I can't get sick of it.
    I have an eye on them. Don't know which to go but I think I would go for the DX9 just because I already got one from them.
    (Edit I Just realized that the thread is old but it is still being discussed in :oops: )

As for the new MP I pre-ordered the MP-54 Reboost. I like the official branding and overall the 80s Anime vibe from the Honda City. The Red looks amazing on the pictures and it is the one with the best accessories of the 3 IMO.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
  18. Roger Semerad

Roger Semerad Well-Known Member

While I still think the Alternity robot modes are still in the realm of good, they definitely aren't as good as the other stuff you've been buying. If the car modes don't convince you to get them, then you can safely skip them. You don't need to worry about the quality of these toys though. They are very nice high quality toys.

There's nothing wrong with sticking with the DX9 Stunticons. It will give you a nice cohesive team display. If you want to compare the various Stunticons released, here are the various threads for them. DX9, Fans Toys, X-Transbots.

One cool thing about the Countach is that the G1 line used that car for multiple characters. So if you collect long enough, you can have multiple Countachs that turn into different robots.

I have one other recommendation. There is a reissue of MMC's Sphinx out right now. Sadly, this version is missing some of the detail paint apps of the original ( It's going for a cartoon aesthetic). Even with the new paint job, it's a great toy with a very good car mode. One of my favorites in fact.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Urshak

Urshak Active Member

So I looked for a little bit and realized there are some takara MPs that fit my taste perfectly.

I think I won't get into the Stunticons. Because if I start getting 1 or 2 of them I have to get the whole set.

So for now I ordered a KO of the MP-12 a countach in a nice red.

The MP-18 Fairlady is looking good too but I think I am going to wait for a while until my orders are actually delivered.

20. Urshak

Urshak Active Member

Hello Everyone.

So the first batch of my order arrived and i wanted to show you guys what i got.

[​IMG]

As you can see some got delivered pretty fast. But the heavy hitters are still on the way.

[​IMG]

After i pre ordered Optimus Prime and Bumblebee/Cliffjumper from NA i looked some more and got the available Decepticons.
    I just liked the idea of mini MPs and you guys werent wrong, the quality is superb and the detail of these minifigures is astonishing.

Roger told me about the G1 Lambos and i tried to find something good. In the meantime i saw a pre order for the one from NA.
    But like i said i got a KO and i dont know what i was expecting. A part of the windshield was broken straight out of the box. There is a crack on one of the hinges and on one joint.
    In carmode the whole thing is still under tension. And there is a big smudge of black on the car.

In comparision the Firage is now not so bad. But i think that is it for KOs for me.
    So now iam pretty hyped for a high quality Lambo.

And as a little Bonus i got my TF that i still got from my childhood in the picture.

[​IMG]

So thats it so far. I hope you liked it. Iam not sure if it is alright to post it here. I saw there is a collection show off thread.
    And thanks again for all the tips from you guys.

• Like Like x 2