New In hand images of Fansproject Backfiery (Kickback)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Thenames9, Sep 25, 2011.

1. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    How are we not supportive? We're all here, of our free will and mutual interest, to discuss and share our thoughts on this hobby. We spread news, we share deals.

Yeah, sometimes it sucks that things can get inexplicably expensive. No amount of complaining will change that, unless you're expecting something ridiculous like a petition or boycott.

You seem to consistently miss this point: it's not about defending the vendors. Frankly, you have not seen the man behind the curtain either. You know as little as the rest of us about how these prices are determined, yet you're willing to jump to conclusions and, and as a result, spread misinformation. And then you have the gall to express indignation when the rest of us contest your claims.

2. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    How tall are these guys? Anyone got any MP seekers....possibly even MP Megs they can take a photo next to?

3. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    That wasn't directed at you.

The initial posts I was refering to were to the effect of, "you should not bitch. If you knew better, you would have preordered like I did. If your smart enough to preorder then you would have nothing to complain about."

That whole attitude pissed me off more then anything else to be honest, especially because the same type of people will post things like:

"Stop bitching your figure has QC issues. You wanted to preorder it and be the first to have it. You should know better and not preorder. It's your fault for not waiting for reviews".

Those are the people that piss me off. Nothing good to give, just have to chime in to show their superior knowledge on collecting and how dumb you were for not doing what they did.

They are regular deluxe height. I would say about as tall as a classic seeker.

4. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is true, we've had to increase prices to compensate for the poor exchange rate at the moment, you need to lay off the conspiracy theory stuff.

5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're not wrong, though. Take it as bitter medicine, the next time you feel inclined to pre-ordering a new figure. It's the risk we take by being the first to get an unreviewed product. Sometimes you have recourse, sometimes you don't.

6. Alucard77

News Credits:
    OK, fine I will. Please explain to me why their other import figures that are on preorder did not go up in price? If it is making up for the inflation cost, shouldn't prices go up across the board?

Also, I for one never saw that BBTS raises it's prices and soon thereafter TFSource does the same thing. It was Transbot who brought this to my attention. So it is funny that this occurred as this proved his point rather clearly.

I am not into conspiracy theories here. This is no magic man behind the sheet here. It is just clear if you look at it.

TF purchasers usually overpay for their collections. Maybe BBTS and TFSource feel the pinch due to global economic items. But you know who they decide to screw with it? Those suckers that always over pay for TFers, not everyone else. Or like I said, cost would go up across the board for all import figures.

7. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Didn't realize there was drama going on. Maybe this time I should take a backseat and watch

8. Alucard77

News Credits:
    Yup, I understand, but sometimes the only recourse is for some one to come on here and vent their frustration. I don't mind giving people that venue.

Other's take joy in saying, don't bitch, you should have been smart like me. I think you can see why those people can be as annoying as people who bitch in the first place.

Like I mentioned, there is a certain part of collecting TFers that makes me realize you really cannot win. You just have to love the toys and try to ignore all the rest.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    To be fair, Alucard, while I see both point of view, when people say, you had your chances on preordering, I mean, there is truth in that. BBTS doesn't even charge you until they have in stock. The rule of thumb has always been, at least for BBTS, Preorder first, think later. because YOU CAN cancel it without going thru ANY paperwork or hassle...

So while other stores may not have the same policy, I feel that those that chose not to order with BBTS... kinda don't have a reason to "bitch", Unless they weren't in fandom when the preorder was posted, or some other extraordinary circumstances. But lets face it. Much of the people who chose not to preorders were the ones that discussed a lot during the "preorder is up!" threads. At least that's the trend I see.

10. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I hear that as well, don't get me wrong, but pre order is not always the best way to go is my point.

I am more upset about the price increase because if BBTS takes like 4 weeks longer then other vendors to get in their order of figures, I was going to go to TFSource and pick up some other stuff from them and call it a day. Now I would have to pay $8 more. If BBTS got the correct number of stock to make up for their pre order, I would be fine. It seems like every other site but theirs got the correct amount of stock on these guys but BBTS.

But, I did answer my own issue. I will just use another small site. I will just need to pass on the other items I wanted to get from either BBTS or TFSource.

11. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    accepting something does not mean you have to be happy about it...

my dog died...i've come to terms with it and have accepted that it has happend...but i'm not happy about it...

i've accepted $500 less for the car i just sold...but i'm not happy about it...

i fell out of a tree, and broke my arm...i've accepted that i will have to wear a cast...but i'm not happy about it...

why is this so hard to grasp?

12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you're truly at the acceptance stage, then you wouldn't be complaining about it either.

You'd just swallow your bitter pill and move on, and nobody else would hear about it.

13. daytimeninja

daytimeninja Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why are we still on this topic?

I for one am still going to order from BBTS now and in the future. I like the PoL option and they have some good deals believe it or not.

Sure the 4$ increase on them pisses me off, but not enough to go somewhere else. I'd be paying more without a PoL in the long run anyway.

If you don't want to buy from BBTS then don't do it. Unfortunately the "show them with your wallet" method doesn't work. It hardly ever does. If you don't pay 52$ for one, then someone surely will.

14. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I have ever said is that I have never had to worry about price increases when I pre-order. My price has never went up, even when exchange rates have changed. I work in sales for a major furniture company here in Michigan, and when you make a purchase, either by layaway, or purchasing outright, when you lock in the price on a purchase, if there is a price increase from the manufacturer your price is locked in. If you cancel a purchase and reorder later and the price if different, you are taking your own chances.

I don't make any claim to be smarter than anyone else, but my experience in shopping for collectibles in this hobby we all know and love, preordering has NEVER led me astray.

- Gregg

15. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    New In hand images of Fansproject Backfiery

If I may add my 2 cents, as I enjoyed reading the comments about this subject of price hikes and pre-orders, which both sides made very valid points.

However and based on what I read, I believe the perception that is being made of TFSource and BBTS, is that they are being held at the same standards of the Walmarts, Targets, etc of the world. I actually see BBTS and TFSource as secondary markets, in which they can sell this stuff at whatever prices they want. We see the major retailers setting prices and watch them fall, where for BBTS and TFSource, it mostly goes the other way. Hasbro doesn't even pay them to have shelf space in there store (online or brick and mortar). In fact, Hasbro themselves, on some items, charge more than retail. Look at GI Joe Skystriker $35 retail vs $40 on there site.

Unfortunately though, both those companies have to be careful because like the Scyther fiascal with TFSource, which is why they are play follow the leader (my guess) vs doing the hike first like BBTS, is too much negativity could lead to drop in business. The internet is so powerful these days, it can put you out of business the same way it made you successful. I see boycotting now, just in this discussion.

To the argument of Primatoys and Aces, I'm sure they buy in much smaller quantities so wondering why they don't price increase is an unfair comparison. They may have bought enough of the first wave, that they are not subject to the increases or new exchange rates like gas tends to go up and down. Do you see Primatoys and Aces at the top of the list on major TF websites? No and as a result, have less exposure and demand for them to carry more product. If they are around long enough and grow, they'll be no different than the rest.

Back to the real subject here: Can't wait for the final Insecticon to come out. Seems like forever.

16. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

All I am going to say is that if you're arguing about $4, don't buy Transformers. You probably should be saving if that amount is a deal breaker.

17. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    BAM! KAPOW! topic won.

18. Alucard77

News Credits:
    I appreciate your post as it was well thought out and posted. I only ask that if you use this argument, you explain why the other pre-order import stuff they are getting imported did not go up in price.

The only items that were effected by this is these 3 items. We did not see the same increase in any other transformers, even the MP Stuff.

If what you say is true this would be across the board not only at TFSource and BBTS but everywhere else. A smaller shop would have to pass along costs quicker then a larger shop to stay a float. They could not rely on the sales of other figures to keep them a float.

Also, Backfiery is not in stock anywhere. So nothing has been shipped. I am sure then that the shipping and gas, etc would be the same to all the vendors, so all the vendors would need to increase cost.

If anything BBTS and TFSource would have cheaper shipping fees as they ship in much greater bulk and therefore get much greater discounts.

I don't mean this to sound rude, but it drives me nuts when people here play arm chair global financial manager and talk about gas prices, inflation costs, dollar fluctuations and how the world economy effect item prices. If people thought about it from a business sense it would become clear that their thinking is off base.

Realistically, it makes Business sense for BBTS/TFSource to raise the prices on this. It is done with Cars and other items all the time. You know there is a high demand, so you charge higher prices. Sometimes those higher prices are justified, some times it is purely to drive profit.

No one here has yet to show how this is not solely for the reason to drive profit. I am okay with them doing this, cause like I said, I will shop elsewhere in the future until that company does the same thing. That is what makes capitalism great. The fact that we can jump around and make our own decisions when companies screw you over.

All I am saying is people should think that for themselves and stop with looking for a reason why these things occur besides pure greed.

Yes, playing around with $4 would seem like a small thing if you look at it as $4. I am looking at it as a 10% increase. If every item went up 10%, then Hercules would be $110 per figure. Also, let's not forget this is a 10% increase in less then 2 months of release. With that math, you can say these guys should increase 10% every 2 months. Do that math for a second.

I am more peeved by the 10% increase then the $4. BTW, for the anal retentive board members out there that would like to argue here the exact increase amount is 8.34%. If that makes you feel better then great.

19. Mighty One

Mighty One Banned

Nitpicking to the extreme

20. Alucard77

News Credits:
    How am I nitpicking to the extreme.

- If you look back, some one actually said, it is not really a 10% increase and nitpicked it is less and was questioning my rationale due to my rounding up.
    - I am justifying my stand point with people who keep arguing it is the global economy that is effecting cost. Especially here, you have to be as clear as possible with people.

I am a realist. It's everyone else who likes to think their is some other magic mystical world economic reason why these guys went up in price.

Without any nitpick, here is the reason: Greed. They know people will pay it.

The best part for them, you have people who defend them on every price increase. WIN/WIN!