New In hand images of Fansproject Backfiery (Kickback)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Thenames9, Sep 25, 2011.

1. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    errrr...i'm so sick of waiting for SOMETHING to show up so i can ship my POL...i was really hoping Heavy Labor and Backfiery would get there around the same time, but it looks like BF will get there first, and i'm not sure i can wait any longer to ship knowing all 3 Insecticons are in a warehouse ready for me...

2. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    damn, he looks good

3. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Damn, BBTS raised the prices up about $4. Sucks that I canceled my preorder awhile back.

4. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Backfiery is probably going to be my favorite one, though he has the least interesting weapons (he has six kunai but he can only use two? Guess you can use the other ones for other figures...)

The only part of that insect add-on kit I want is the pincers so I don't have to use the gauntlet/claws in insect mode and risk breaking them. Otherwise I'm fine with their ninja personas.

@above: Yeah I noticed that two. I wonder why.

5. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    That's crazy, I was just looking at those listings sometime after midnight last night and they were still $47.99. Wtf is up BBTS, raising prices on product you don't even have yet?

6. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    people are actually shocked at BBTS's highest price practices? LMAO

7. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I wonder why BBTS did that???

8. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'm not shocked, but I certainly wasn't expecting it so soon. I'll order from TFsource if they don't follow suit.

BBTS still has hundreds, if not a little over a thousand of these things in stock still. Maybe that's the reason for a price increase.

9. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    No offense but, that makes absolutely no sense. You don't raise the price on an overstocked item, you lower it. I think this has to do with them not being able to aquire FP stock for whatever reason. They still haven't received their Shadow Commander restock. The last order they got from FP was CC and Thundershred, nothing since. Maybe a little falling out happened with FP directly and BBTS hikes up the price for "going to the trouble" of finding other ways to get the product?

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kunai are throwing knives, so...

It's pretty much impossible to design hands at this scale that can hold a fan of knives properly.

11. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Screw it! Went with captured prey on this. It's still $48 there.

12. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Or for the simple reason of greed. They know they can get more so they are going for more. One think I associate with BBTS is the highest prices out there. This news of a price hike does not surprise me, I would me more suprised if they had a lower price out there. lol

On Topic, I can not wait to get my OOH from Automaton toys. It will get my last two insecticons to finish the trio plus....3 or 4 Herc bots (depending on the release) and Encore Devi. I'm looking forward to my Christams gift :D 

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    What? They got Stormbomb. Mine's sitting in my POL waiting for his little pal. Price hike seems likely to punish people for not preordering immediately. You know many potential buyers are of the "I wanna see a review of all three" and latecomer variety. Now that this is imminent and they all look good, they know they can get away with a little hike.

Maybe they haven't gotten their Shadow Commander yet, but they were the only ones to get City Commander this last time (and who knows if those are even coming directly from FP). I doubt it's an acquisition problem.

Anyway, I preordered all three as soon as they came up for preorder (and CC, and SC, and the Constructicons), I know better than to wait on FP Insecticons.

14. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I like what I've seen so far.

15. x BlackMagnus x

News Credits:
    Huh, everywhere I have read has people complaining BBTS hasn't stocked SB yet. Who the hell knows what's going. Good therory on the late to party hike though.

16. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They got a small shipment of Stormbombs, but not enough to fill all the pre-orders. So only the people who pre-ordered early got their Stormbombs in their PoL or shipped.

17. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    You guys must have pre-ordered late. I ordered all three as soon as they went up and I've had Stormbomb sitting on my desk since Sept 9th. Odds are they just didn't get enough in the first shipment to fill every order.

18. Geterman

Geterman Second Coming of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I e-mailed BBTS and the rep said that they only received a partial shipment of Stormbomb in and they are still waiting on the rest. My preorder still isn't filled. I am going to give them this week to fill my order if not I am just going to get it from someone else.

19. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

dear fansproject,

stop stealing our money.

thanks.

:lol 

20. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Seems like jacking up the prices on the Causality line at this point in the game is their way of testing customer loyalty (and satisfying their greed? -but I'm sure they have some well thought out excuse for the increase, but it just comes down to more $$$).

In my opinion, BBTS.com's only real selling point is their POL option... other than that, their prices and general service aren't that much different from other .com TF sellers out there. If there were other competitors out there that offered a POL service without the greed, I'd easily jump ship.