New Images Of Studio Series Optimus Prime, Ratchet, Crowbar And Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Operative294, Dec 16, 2017.

1. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe is the white in the Dotm one that looks better to my eyes, Idk, the silver in the feet and legs is a nice touch though.

• Like Like x 1
  2. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Though the DOTM one has the bars on the back of the alt mode and the corresponding parts on his arms painted black, and there’s more paint on the face. It’s just a shame they have to choose one thing or another to paint.

3. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

79A1B6D3-F129-4A2C-BF3C-E5D03C674357.jpeg I’m loving the Prime. I like how the panels for the doors and windshield pop. It reminds me of his 2007 concept art.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Well a lot of the money that would have been spent on that extra paint went into the new tooling.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nitro Zeus

Nitro Zeus Member

Prime looks astonishing in upper body design and proportions but slightly shite in the thighs, Ratchet looks like a generally crappier version of the DotM one in MV1-2 colors, Starscream looks a lot like the DotM Deluxe version of him (good sign as I still think that's the best overall mold of him to date, yes, counting the Leader), and Crowbar does indeed look like a Berserker retool, which pleases me. I'm definitely buying Crowbar and Prime, even if the latter looks a bit awkward as is.

• Like Like x 2
  6. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m not sure that’s how it works. That would suggest all repaints have far more paint than the original figure, which isn’t true unless it’s a convention exclusive or platinum edition. Either way, it’s still a shame the decos end up being restricted.

• Like Like x 2
  7. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

im all over Crowbar, hes clarly a retool of deluxe berzerker, as he should be.

Ratchet looks like a retool of a previous figure of his. unsure which.

Starscream looks like they shrunk down the leaderclass figure (which is a-ok, that figure is great!)

Optimus. kinda hard to tell what going on here, will wait for better pictures/in hand reactions for final verdict

• Like Like x 1
  8. Icefire90

Icefire90 Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Is it possible this line would continue beyond the rumors?

• Like Like x 2
  9. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes because Hasbro has hinted multiple times that they want to have a long running movie line to be on the shelf beside generations without having to pick one to put on hold.

And aside from leaks this line is shaping up to be medium length in 2018 with at least 7 to 10 more figures we haven't seen in leaks.

10. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

Closer look shows Prime’s chest is a cheat and may be mistransformed. It looks like there is a center hinge to bring the chest pieces together. It’s also red in robot mode but blue in truck mode.

11. TF10

TF10 Movie,TFP,MPM...

News Credits:
    ;)  If to display in robot mode,I'll choose this one:
    (3rd party DMK Ratchet)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    here's my piece based on the presented crappy photo.

- Prime looks meh
    - Ratchet looks shit (Semi-Voyager scale please)
    - Scream looks like a blown up deluxe version
    - Crankcase have potentials

regarding the "long line of movie product toyline" they could be holding the space that generations might leave.
    it seems since from Combiner Wars to Titans Returns, Hasbro gave most throwback figures possible at their disposal that caters G1 fans.

Combiners, Dinobots, Titans Devy, Fort Max, Trypticon, T30 Metroplex, Headmaster gimmick and now Pretenders shells via Primemasters.
    They have yet to bring TF Victory & Masterforce characters to the mainline.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    More of the same crap we've seen for the past decade. Been there, done that, not interested, move along.

14. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    starscream as fas as we know(from one person that was on the event) uses a simmilar scheme as the dotm, and by the photos is seems like it does but improved all the way, is somewhere in between the leader and ddotm designs in oyager scale and sorry to say this but i like it better than the leader, and or course it blows away the deluxe which i never liked it

thats how i feel about the entire g1 inspired figure lines , specially masterpiece(except some figures that are too good one cant help but love, from both lines i mean)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  15. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, a Prime that doesn't hold a candle to HFTD Battle Blades Prime, a Ratchet that looks like one of the crappy Fast Action Battlers, an upscaled DOTM Starscream, and a TLK Berserker with a different head.
    What waste of potential.

Atleast Blackout and Brawl look ok.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Oh my gosh. I will roll around in grass if we get... him.
    [​IMG]
    Voyager Bonecrusher or my money isn't being thrown at my computer screen, Hasbro! IT BETTER HAPPEN, MAN! :( 
    So far, I'm hoping Bonecrusher, Jetfire, Sentinel, Sideswipe, Mirage, Barricade, Onslaught, and the Wreckers are the remaining figures. I especially need a Mirage. In honor of Francesco Quinn and obviously the Ferrari robot was so badass.
    Super excited for Masterforce and Victory characters who will be brought into the mix. I would love for it to start off as a CHUG(Classics-T30 era) line, where we get those characters like Blue Bacchus, Star Saber, Victory Leo, Dai Atlas, Deathsaurus, Road Caesar, Raiden etc. shine on with a couple recognizable G1 characters obviously to please the others.

• Like Like x 4
  17. lonewolf96

lonewolf96 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm of the belief that this line based on movie and there anniversy date the math works out to.

Not confirmed by any means though

2018 is all about TF1

We would need

Bee , Barry , Bonecrusher , and Megatron to complete the " build the cast " which fits nicely with the remaining slots. Leaveing a few slots for figures from new or old movies. I'd bet a few from tf2.

An since Rotf 10th anniversary is 2019 I wouldn't be surprised if the line continues ( not confirmed ) and most of them are from Rotf.

Just to cover myself people say oh but tf1 was 2007 and that makes the 10th anniversary a year late. But the leak did have 2017 release dates so in theory it works here as well.

• Like Like x 4
  18. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

It's because they are making the "leaders" Voyager class in these new lines (Movie best and Studio series) so that intimidating monsters from the movie can dwarf the other figures without being ridiculously large and fitting in the leader class. So deluxe has become the new voyager class, I think you could solve your problem by getting decent legends sized versions of the likes of Bumblebee and Jazz. If you want a voyager Ratchet to go with deluxe Bee and Jazz and a leader class Prime like Oku said you're probably more likely to see the MPM before they do a new voyager Ratchet.

This is where the Ultra class could really help with scaling, it offered an in-between for leaders and voyagers. A new size class in-between voyager and deluxe would probably have made more sense for guys like Ironhide and Ratchet in this line.

• Like Like x 3
  19. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron i just wanna be loved

News Credits:
    or the OLD big deluxes(remember sideways, hftd bee just as an example) tey arent quite voyager but they are bigger than most regular deluxes(and even more than the tiny deluxes we have seen more and more in the current years)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Good luck with that! Can anybody actually find Generations in stores? The stores in my area never fucking restock Generations. Empty pegs all year long.