New Images Of MP Rodimus

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Type-R, Sep 15, 2010.

1. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
  2. trystendaycey

trystendaycey Captain CAAAAAAVEMAAANNN!

My fear is the inevitable US release will only be Hot Rod and won't have the rotating face :( 

3. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    Is it my imagination or that while the earlier pictures we saw had Rodimus in magenta, in the new pictures he's red.

4. mags2424

mags2424 TT and 3P MP Advocate

its probably just the quality of the pictures and light and so on. I cant feaking wait for this thing. it is the most amazing masterpiece i have ever seen. I hope they release more info soon. such as accessories maybe a video review. i would love to see this thing transform

5. Acjd

Acjd Anchorbot

I think your right. Aw I liked the magenta. Maybe it's just a lighting thing? Hm gotta double check the older photos now

6. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

$200 for the set is a bit more than what I'm willing to pay. I hope it's eventually released here in the US - sans trailer - for a more affordable ~$100.

I admit that I'm not a hardcore G1 fan, but does anyone else think his alt mode looks horribly horribly dated compared to Classics Rodimus? I don't think it has aged well at all over time.

7. mags2424

The masterpiece line isnt supposed to look fresh and up to date. It is supposed to be the best representation of the G1 character. My biggest upset with classics rodimus was the engine on his chest in robot mode.

8. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

This should be released in 2010 not 2011 its bad enough wating a year for new mould. I mean 2 a year would be fair and it could be done if the stop jacking with those ridiculous movie mps and repaints. So more than the price i feel cheated since mp grimmy was realsed in march of 2009 wow 17 months. Well mp10 galvatron we wont get till june 2012. Damn you hastak:mad 

9. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    They still count 2011 April as 2010 though

10. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Oh i know thats my point is we shouldnt have to wait that long.And still should be release in 2010. Im 34 dont want to be 44 to get to mp 13. 2 a year can be done if not 1 every year.

11. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    The same can be said about Grimlock's T-Rex mode as both are accurate depictions of the cartoon interpretation.

I personally think it's perfect and love that they were able to get it to look the way it does. It's retro future!

Randy

12. G1-LORD GANGSTA

G1-LORD GANGSTA Banned

Im getting this figure more for Rodimus more than hot rod but before not looking much at hot rod mode looking now he really lookes awsome nicely done.The thing i was looking at in trailer mode rodimus the flames on the hood look like to plain or not finished dont look right to flames on side of trailer too idk stll i love this mp more and more every time i look at it. But i wish in they would have made his eyes a little bit more squinty in rodimus prime mode face

13. mags2424

14. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

This is so awesome it's insulting. Trully a Masterpiece! :thumb 

They MUST release a Masterpiece Galvatron to go with him now.

15. BurnZ

BurnZ Soundwave Superior...

News Credits:
    Thanks for finding those bigger photos. :thumbs2: 

16. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

wow this is magnifacint i wonder who designed this one and how long it took to make? oh and can any body post the pics of him with the googles please ty

17. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Wow, after taking a look at those pics, MP Rodimus is amazingly screen accurate! I hadnt realized until looking at those pics how close they got him to the cartoon. All the little details just look spot on.

I know this is a fairly pricey MP and I know some folks cant afford that much for a TF but I think those that are disregarding solely based on price are missing out on an amazing piece. I also hope that Hasbro releases this figure for those that cant afford the $200 price tag of the Takara one because if you're a G1 TF fan, this looks to be a figure that you should not have to miss out on.

18. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We're usually given the line that it takes about a year between concept to final production, but they don't tend to give out hardline data about that sort of thing.

As for the visor, none of the coloured photos so far have showed it. There was one photo of the grey resin prototype sporting them, however.

19. heltskelt

heltskelt Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I couldn't disagree more. The Hot Rod alt mode looks amazing. It's low, pointy and wide, just like in the movie. I'm not that convinced by all the alleged changes to make him into Rodimus. Only the face-flip and slightly higher hips are noticeable by side-to-side comparison. I see nothing with the knees, ankles, or rear wing. Rodimus' alt mode was the least appealing, but i'm warming up to it. The price is high, but justified when compared to the other MPs. I'll do what i can to get one... right after i get a deluxe AT-AT.

20. Gunshow

Gunshow Active Member

Ebay:
    Sold! :)