New Image Studio Series Devastator - Size Classes Confirmed.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jacer, Feb 28, 2019.

1. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom Not very good at being catty.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    and maybe the shoulder missiles :C

• Like Like x 1
  2. optimusprimeroc

optimusprimeroc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm looking at doing a upgrade kit that will include the cables for hightower

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    I'm not. Two of the first few figures were Hightower and Scrapmetal who didn't have previous versions. Closing on Overload and Scrapper means there's still that last bit of hype as to what they'll look like. Because we've seen concept art and have the EZ versions to go by...but that doesn't guarantee anything.

Also, the order they were released started with less expensive figures and slid up the scale. So even if you bought the RotF figures you'd likely be interested in Scrapmetal and Hightower as they were new.

Then you'd see Rampage and Long Haul and decide then if the new combining versions were worth abandoning the RotF versions.

Once you've made that call, you're half way through Devy and odds are *really* good you're enjoying them enough to spend the $160 needed to finish him off.

And at any point you could decide you're no longer interested and now you haven't dropped $100 on two leaders right out of the gate.

(Also worth noting: If you can't build Devy until you've got all 8 components...you've got a chance to enjoy them individually before they spend the rest of their lives combined on a shelf.)

• Like Like x 5
  4. optimusprimeroc

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a very good point

5. analogue

analogue Opinions are not facts. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This makes sense. Back when the original Devastator was released, I had to buy them individually, one at a time over several months as they weren’t always in stock or only had ones I already had when we visited “the city”. The order I got them in was completely random but ended up being such that I could not complete Devastator since I got Long Haul last. It really built up the hype and excitement in my mind and allowed me to enjoy the individual figures even more since once I had them all, he rarely left combined mode. This release order has me reliving that experience and I am enjoying it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Isn’t it possible that accessories like the cables and shoulder cannons might be included with Scavenger? When Leader Jetfire was announced, they didn’t mention he came with an Optimus ab section. We didn’t even know until either there was a video review or in box pictures showed up.

But it makes sense WHY they didn’t advertise it: it was a feature for another toy that wasn’t announced yet.

Obviously, the cables are much bigger than the abs and they would be for a toy that is out but I wouldn’t be surprised if Hasbro wants to sell us Scavenger on his own merits initially. Have his accessories for another toy be secondary reveal.

I’m not saying this with any degree of confidence that this is what they are doing, only that we shouldn’t decry anything before the figure is out.

7. Makai Lung

Makai Lung Well-Known Member

I've lost all interests in completing devy, especially when scrapmetal's the only piece I find enjoyable.

It's regretfully unhealthy for me to keep trying to convince myself to keep all the other shitty constructicon molds just so I could play with a combiner that was made to be a vaccum cleaner. That's over $55 I'll never get back.

• Like Like x 1
  8. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid "See see Seacons!"

News Credits:
    Okay....not sure what that had to do with anything I said.

9. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

I agree with you and will probably have a ton of buyer's remorse... but I can't help but grab these just to see the final product. :)  Maybe it'll be impressive enough to warrant the journey, or maybe it'll be as bad as it looks. But a lot of effort went into his SS design, so I think it'll end up a whole lot better than the Bay movies (or their depiction).

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    The other Constructicons are shitty? Since when?

The only one I don't think is great is Rampage... and even he's decent given the design and a massive upgrade from the shitty ROTF Deluxe.

• Like Like x 4
  11. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Ah, the ROTF Deluxe with its acceptable dozer mode, decent attempt at a robot mode, but had the dozer blade be WAY too much kibble

12. BILLY THE CAT

BILLY THE CAT Well-Known Member

He's not out yet, but I have a gut feeling Mixmaster's gonna end up the shitty one.

13. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Dethroning Hightower? That'll be impressive.

14. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Honestly my interest was starting to dim o Devastator when I got Hightower and combined him with Scrapmetal. I couldn’t help but notice if this is Devastators forearm he’s not going to be that big. Then I watched Thew’s video on Long Haul. When he lined up the leg mode with the diagram of the completed Devastator and zoomed out to give a proper sense of the size it restored that ‘oh yeah, this is actually going to be massive’.

• Like Like x 1
  15. optimusprimeroc

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe some options to turn an extra scrapmetal into a piledriver

16. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Is dead!

News Credits:
    If Scrapmetal and Hightower combined are any indication, you’ll be amazed at ginormous Scrapper will be.

I’m predicting mini-Leader size like SS Megatron, a guy who really stretches the price-point in the glorious name of scale.

• Like Like x 3
  17. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I wish Hightower had articulation in his arms to wipe his tears from this hurtful slander.

• Like Like x 12
  18. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    From everything I've seen he's the worst figure of the bunch. Not terrible (so far the only 'terrible' SS fig in my eyes that I have is Lockdown due to being super basic by regular TF standards) but feels like the weakest of the Constructicons so far.

19. IgnikaMarcus

IgnikaMarcus DON'T TRUST THE RENDERS!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hightower is a lovely bastard!
    IMG_20190901_131724908.jpg
    APOLOGIZE FOR YOUR INSOLENCE!
    BEG FOR FORGIVENESS!!

• Like Like x 9
  20. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    I’d say Rampage is weaker due to being Rampage. It’s a design that’s good on paper but doesn’t really “do” anything. He has no legs and even if he did have elbows it’s pointless with arms that big and awkward. He still looks great though, and he’s a big boy.

Hightower at least has personality and plenty of articulation in the limbs he does have. He could only be better if his little T. Rex arms had more motion.

• Like Like x 5