New Image Studio Series Devastator - Size Classes Confirmed.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jacer, Feb 28, 2019.

1. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    Scrapmetal forms half the back. One of our new figures forms the left hand while another figure forms half the head, the neck, and the rest of the back.

• Like Like x 4
  2. idkwdya

idkwdya Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    This is seriously looking fantastic and can’t wait to see more progress! I saw the robot mode pictures on your Facebook and I’m loving it!

• Like Like x 2
  3. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Glad you liked them!! We're shortening the tubes for bot/vehicle mode, but overall, we're very pleased with how he came out. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  4. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    To answer your edit, we won't know for sure until we have Overload and are able to test everything. The addons are designed to help him go on all fours. The grille of Slithertread has a port to attach Rampage's stand underneath the combiner hand in order to evenly disperse weight throughout the left arm. Scrapper is getting replacements for his arms to achieve the same goal. Lastly, our knee bots, PFF-11 "Crossbrace" and PFF-12 "Med-Joist" will give proper articulated knees to help with balance. We can't make any guarantees since again, we don't have Overload, but we're still aiming for that signature pose. After all, Devy's neck has all the articulation ready for it. :) 

• Like Like x 2
  5. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, can anyone please answer me this, does Overload has some hidden waist articulation? It kinda-sorta feels like that he could have some moving parts there as it wobbles when I try, but I do not dare to try afraid of breaking him. I assumed it was some planned then disabled piece, like in G1 Octane? As it would also give Devastator waist articulation.

Given that I collected Devastator not for movie accuracy (kidding? I absolutely hated RotF) but because it just is a cool-looking weird alien robot monster, I really don't care if he can do the 4 legs pose or not. To be frank, I kinda prefer him on 2 legs, like most combiners, where he can actually use his awesome hand articulation given to him by Scrapmetal.

He has been out for months on ebay, Kapowtoys, you name it they have it, if you wanna buy it you can.
    Also pretty sure we have a separate Third Party forum for third party stuff. This is a news topic for the official Devastator.

Yeah, I too used a scalpel to shave off some plastic from the sides of that connector slider on Rampage. It slides in fine until halfway through. Maybe some mold errors? Even after that you have to push very hard.
    Curious if Skipjack will have the same issues.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. idkwdya

idkwdya Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    To answer your top question, Overload does not have any waist articulation. It’s a single post that is screwed into the body. I really wish they had designed that differently as it sure does make you assume he has one.

7. SinisterSpinister

SinisterSpinister Violently Neon

News Credits:
    Incredibly excited for this! will it all be one big kit or multiple smaller ones?

• Like Like x 2
  8. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    I'll post pics of Skipjack later, but his belly piece IS fixed compared to Rampage. Looks like the too early preview was mis-assembled.

Edit: Received from Amazon. About $3 off. Not bad.

Arrow points towards fixed belly piece. Rampage's belly piece was reversed. Actually glad I didn't have to use my soldering iron today.
    skipjack1.jpg

• Like Like x 21
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  9. ziltama

News Credits:
    @Black Convoy
    In-hand of final production Skipjack (fixed belly piece)

Continuation of above:

Not going to do a full review since he's a redeco of Rampage. Did notice some differences, though. Most importantly, the belly piece is now in the correct orientation. This did not affect transformation with Rampage, but Rampage had the wrong molding details show (engine belly in bot mode and bot belly in alt mode). The gray plastic is now a darker gunmetal color. The joints overall feel significantly tighter, especially the shoulders. The pews pews fit in his, um, hands better. The lower rail in alt / foot mode now lines up appropriately after tabbing everything together. Of course, the orange plastic is now yellow to match the arm bots.

When attaching to Overload, the connection is still tight but significantly less than Rampage.

Bot mode:
    skipjack2.jpg

Bot mode next to Devastator:
    skipjack3.jpg

Bot mode comparison: [Note: my Rampage is modded with a fixed belly piece]
    skipjack4.jpg

Alt mode: [Note: Again, my Rampage is modded to fix the belly piece / radiator front]
    skipjack6.jpg

The lower rails in alt mode line up better than Rampage:
    skipjack5.jpg

Leg mode. Scrapmetal's shield in stock placement looks much better with Skipjack as the leg. Skipjack's stand is attached to Devastator's butt plate as seen in Hasbro's stock photos.
    skipjack7.jpg

• Like Like x 21
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  10. Gepard

Gepard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thrilled to hear they fixed the waist orientation. Looks like this guy renders Rampage 100% redundant.

• Like Like x 3
  11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Huh, looking at the Devy without the piece from Scrapmetal attached at the knee I didn't realize that peg hole on Overload was specifically for that piece. It literally serves no other purpose.

Also, the yellow blends a little nicer with the rest of the leg with Skipjack attached ...but not enough for me to buy a second Voyager for. But if you're someone who missed out on these guys the first go round it's a great option to help catch up.

12. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Glad to hear it's correctly assembled, he looks great. I can't wait to get him! It's a race between TFSource and Pulse at the moment since Amazon dropped out.

And yes, I am still mad that they cancelled my pre-order, then put them up on the site for sale. I don't understand Amazon sometimes. But, that is the last time I preorder anything from them.

13. Godzilla Ranger

Godzilla Ranger AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

My biggest grip with the Devastator combination is the wobbliness of the Long Haul figure.

It destabilizes the rest sooooo much.
    Rampage/ Skipjack acts as a better foot.

14. ShadowOfSilver

Ebay:
    Speaking of, has anyone managed a fix on this yet? I haven't taken apart mine just yet, but it doesn't look like there's a way to access the chest's interior without pin punching.

15. ReadyParzivalOne

ReadyParzivalOne Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Fixed???
    i don\'t understand?
    what was wrong with rampages waist? Mine is fine

• Like Like x 2
  16. UltraMagnanimus

UltraMagnanimus Fully Articulated. NOW WITH LIGHTS AND SOUNDS!

Yeah, Anyone have a pic of Skippy and Ramp side by side so I can see the tummy trouble?

• Like Like x 1
  17. ziltama

News Credits:
    It was assembled backwards. It didn't affect the transformation, but the molding ended up being reversed. The radiator front showed up as the belly in bot mode, and the the bot belly became the radiator front in alt mode.

I modded my Rampage, so they look the same now. You have to be extremely steady with a soldering iron in order to fix.

Edit: From TFWiki
    TF-ROTF-Studio-Series-Rampage-misassembled-waist.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Great! So Hasbro sells a mis-assembled, wrong-colored mess, and we're supposed to say thank u, here's more $$$?? :banghead: 

It's times like these when I have to point out how 3Ps have better customer service and replacement parts. The worst part is Hasbro not addressing the mis-assembly or apologizing for another bad QC problem.

Go ahead and hate me for criticizing ur hero, Hasbro. :rolleyes2  But we, the customers, deserve better. That's the only thing we disagree about here.

19. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

That's an unacceptable amount of skill for fix. I do feel cheated for buying a defective Hasbro toy.

Still, my bigger issue? What the hell happened to QC at Hasbro??? :lol  ALL the toys had defect and NO ONE noticed???

20. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The difference is that Hasbro can survive a misfire or two. 3P has to work their ass off to appease their customer base at all times, or they risk going under.

It's a minor misassembly that doesn't affect the functionality of the toy, and you probably wouldn't have even noticed if more eagle-eyed users hadn't pointed it out to you.

And what's wrong-coloured about Rampage? Rampage and "Skipjack" are two equally valid decoes as presented in the movie.

• Like Like x 6