New Image of Sentinel Prime from TRANSFORMERS: DARK OF THE MOON

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos328, Apr 15, 2011.

1. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    I turned fifteen before you did! One year away from driving suspicious tow trucks!

Sentinel does look like Nimoy, dunno how I feel about that. It's... Yeah. It's something anyways.

2. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

You should feel very happy finally we stop all this thread crap no more trailer crap no more CGI thread be happy.

3. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
  4. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

^^ haha thanks pal

5. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    Arrogant Worms FTW!!!

I'm sorry, Cliff, your before-last post confused be.

6. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

[​IMG]

7. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    I love the knuckle busters! Sentinel doesn't fuck around!

8. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

:lolol  :horse:  :lolol 

9. Kenny dude

Kenny dude Banned

Sentinel prime looks spooooooooooooooooooo fucking awesome, loving the spikes on his knuckles.

10. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: 

11. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like his design. It kinda looks like he has wings anxand his knuckles have spikes!! Such a badaas design! Woww great Friday treat

12. J Migidy

J Migidy Vector Sigma's Lil Helper

News Credits:
    I thought RED didn't photograph well?

I remember back during the time of the first movie, when everyone asked why Optimus had flames on him and were upset that he wasn't just all red up top, one of Bay's reasons was that red doesn't photograph well. Years later, here comes Sentinel Prime who is almost all red with just some black and silver on him to break it up a little. Interesting. :rolleyes2 :rolleyes2 :confused2 :confused2 

13. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Yeah, this has been brought up many a time before, but I don't think that a conclusive answer has ever been presented. You do raise a good point. After the fan complaining of "lack of red on Optimus", Bay stated that red apparently didn't photograph well, so Optimus was really the only red-bot in the first movie. Then RotF came along and again, fans complained that Sideswipe wasn't red. Now suddenly with DotM we have the red Ferrari, the red Wrecker and Sentinel Prime, all of whom display a copious amount of red. Plus Optimus again too. A few years back I had asked my Film Studies/English teacher about this "red on film"-issue, and he stated that on traditional film stock, red tends to 'bleed' a little bit more than other colours. This is the answer that I choose to go with. However, I am unaware of what method the first film chose to use, but DotM is shooting digitally, so perhaps digital film won't have red bleed? Maybe. I don't know. :drunk  Maybe there have been advances in technology since then? Probably. Personally, I don't really care about "Wha-blah! So many red robots now, but Optimus has only 71% of the red that he should!!11!" We have robots. That's what I want.

As for this new image of Sentinel Prime... :bay  Awesome. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, transport Optimus back to medieval times, and this is what a Prime would look like. Sentinel is the "knight", "medieval"-version. He just gives off that vibe to me. Almost like he's got a sword/lance and shield, along with armor plating that resembles a knight's suit. Oh man, so cool. I love his design, but if I had to choose an aspect that I like the least, it would be his legs/feet. They're just not quite as awesome as the rest of him. I like looking at him from the torso up, but with this particular image, the legs just kind of ruin him (slightly). Definitely one of my favourite Bayformer designs (and I like most of them). This pic combined with that Empire Magazine scan gives me such hope for this movie. Plus, you know, Nimoy. I can't wait to see him up on screen.

14. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or does that picture remind anyone else of Captain Falcon?

15. brawl 56

brawl 56 Aw..crap!

News Credits:
    Oh well. Even now I can't stand his design.
    His armouring has too organic forms. No sharp edges, everything really fits together without overlapping stuff. I want to see some cables and parts of his skeleton, like Jetfire.

16. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Gettin' more and more pumped-up for this movie. Sentinel and Shockwave are the newbies I'm looking forward to the most. :popcorn 

17. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

I love this design. The weathered look to it is really cool as well. Can't wait to see this guy in action.

18. Splintershot

Splintershot Predacon?? ... Awesome

Don't talk about his face like that... or he'll take yours! :rip 

19. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Now THAT is an amazing robot. I wish we'd seen more designs like this earlier in the series.

So far, I'd say he's one of the best robot designs of the series.

20. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

Voiced by Nimoy, but ever since someone mentioned the facial resemblence to Peter Cullen that's what I think of.

Probably the only toy from DOTM I'm looking forward to. Just hope he doesn't get the "Darth Maul" treatment. (transation, heavilly hyped in promos, goes out like a punk in the movie, pegwarms everywhere after)