New iGear Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by stevej, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Need to see a lot more on this one. I will have to wait until one of our board members do an amazing review on this guy.

Thanx
    Transbot90210

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm of split minds on this, on one hand this is a cool way to get an unreleased design and seems more original than iGears other recent venture, but on the other hand they're still dangerously close to bursting the 3rd party bubble, and I'm sure many a poster will declare this is a continuation of KO's from iGear.

3. warriorpriest

warriorpriest Priest of Primus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Some?? Me thinks they got ALOT from him. LOL!!! Wow Igear is not only yanking on Habro and VW but now they are yanking on us customizers. LOL!!!

Looks good though. If it was affordable i would be on the fence on whether or not to buy it.

4. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

If it's around $80.00 and has clear windows I'd buy it.
    I hope the clear lights are insets too and not painted then he'd be really cool.

Might be nice if the head was sort of half and half between WFC Bumblebee & Classics BB - I'd not say no to a Goldbug version either.

5. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Should iGear really be doing this? I wonder if this will ruin 3rd party products going forward? Man, I just don't know if this is right.

:poke 

6. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    I see this as a missed opportunity to make a G1 Cybertron mode Bumblebee. This one looks cool, but with all the existing G1(ish) Bee toys it seems a bit superfluous and boring.

7. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now goldbug i would spring for

8. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :eek: 

9. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Liking Lobo's version better. But this will work as poseable Bumble-Beetle. First VW bee/bug since G1 or G2 or the Reissue/Encore series. The undetermined price and I-Gear's unprotected shipping are what make me hesitant to purchace him.

10. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    You know... I really don't get into the third party debates, because I personally love third party products... but I'm starting to get worried that I-Gear is going to be the one company that forces Hasbro to come crashing down on the whole third party thing. Ever release from these guys just screams copy write infringement so much so that it's scary.

11. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As for the familiarity of the headsculpt, it's not copied.

It is a Classics Bumblebee head. You can see the yellow paint peeking through, where the primer is thinner.

Certainly a more ambitious project as far as iGear is concerned, but I think it's rather a missed opportunity for them to make it Deluxe sized instead of to Alternators scale.

The raised platform the head is on looks weird. And I don't know of the Classics head is just a placeholder or what, but it looks a tad too small for the toy.

12. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thread WON. Though it hasn't stopped more people from posting the same thing, non-ironically.

Hasbro did that a few months ago.

Cliffjumper's not a Beetle.

13. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well Lobo used the drawing schematics of Alt BB/CJ that we’ve seen a long time ago for his custom. So if Igear used the same drawings as basis for this BB then of course Lobo’s and Igear’s BB are going to look very similar. But that doesn’t mean that Igear took inspiration from Lobo. But I guess if they admitted to getting inspiration from Wheeljack’s MP seekers then it wouldn’t be too much of a surprise that they took a long look at Lobo’s Alt BB.

It's probably more expensive which maybe why they chose 12cm instead of Alt scale but with Alternity BB and Classics BB being around 12cm already Igear should have gone with Alternators scale on this one.

14. SamiWCP

SamiWCP Guest

You guys forget--Igear has put out a bit where they're willing to buy designs off people looking to sell, if they decide they want them..They may not be stealing his design at all, for the body anyways..the head, yeah..stolen. Maybe some of you customizers out there might want to look into selling your designs as well..?

15. tarZen

tarZen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    iGear can't do anything original. Everything is copied from somewhere. Oops, there I go again. Don't flame me, iGear worshippers!

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would Igear pay someone for the design? They are fine taking other designs.

Wonder what Hasbro thinks of this. Someone should ask them....

They should totally try to piss off VW. Give BB the most destructive weapons they can think of.

17. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    It looks super basic, but definitely interesting.

Keeping me eyes on how this progresses.

18. Cungitron

Cungitron Destroyer of Worlds

News Credits:
    I avoid these debates as well but i'll throw in my :2c: 

Wouldnt be surprised if VW take legal action over this.

19. SCPrime

SCPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting point you bring up. It’s one thing to infringe on Hasbro/Takara stuff but when you also infringe on another company (VW), especially when they specifically told Hasbro NO on making the Beetle Alt BB then even if VW doesn’t say anything Hasbro would be more inclined to do something to preempt VW getting on Hasbro’s case.

20. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doubt it, if it was sold at major retail stores then yes they would pursue it. I will believe it when I see it doubt VW would put any effort into stopping this. I am sure they have bigger issue for the legal team to take interest in.