New High Quality G1 KO's - Carded Constructicons

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ruination04, Dec 22, 2009.

1. alien

alien Command

I need Hook! But definitely is not Knock Off...!!!

2. thecypher0

thecypher0 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And this right here is why AFA/CSG will continue to make money like crazy. People that want the originals will have to start buying graded items to tell the real originals from the KOs, unless there are some glaring flaws/issues that I'm not seeing that someone can tell me about.

3. catz

catz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    how can you tell if the micromaster set is KO?

I saw a bunch of them at eBay (exact same item) and what I think is european TF packaging (CMIIW)

I'm curious about this because my local store (I'm in Indonesia) carry the micromaster set for about 8 us each.

The look legit on first glance (I guess that's the problem with 'perfect' KO, eh?)

oh and I think I know the seller from ebay: It's sad to say that I have.. troublesome experience with him (and he's expensive, imo)

4. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey Ruination04, i sent oyu a pm and was hoping you could help me. Any chance you could pm me with the seller's email address, or just put it up here? Thanks!

5. steamsixliner

steamsixliner Well-Known Member

Man, I hate KOs. Looking at the three micromaster teams, weren't those the same that BBTS offered from a warehouse find? Not that I would ever think that BBTS, a store I've had nothing but good experiences with, sold KO junk intentionally, but it's a strange coincidence. Perhaps the stuff offered by the "please don't post this mail or my scam might be ruined" seller was molded after the items found in the warehouse?

6. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

These are crap. You can see how cheap the bubbles are they are practically falling off the cards already. This would explain why there are so many carded constructicons on Ebay recently. Why not support the US economy by buying a legit open one from ebay for less? i don't get it these are so overpriced! More cheap chinese plastic crap.

7. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    I'm honestly torn. Being on the receiving end of a KO sham and getting an incredibly junky yellow Cliffy with passable Beachcomber and Hubcap, I would rather have some way of knowing if I'm getting the original. The Blue Bluestreak coming out is a different matter, as we know that there was never a blue Bluestreak released in G1 packaging. However, if these are as high quality as some would lead us to believe, I might consider it. I just want to know up front if I'm getting official product or repro.

8. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    That has been the main problem I have seen with these G1 replicas. Several times I have had to reglue the bubbles myself to maintain my "MISB" look. After all is done, they look really good next to my Encores, TFC's, Comm. Series, etc.

Although this particular email did not come from KOtoys, GenZhao (Mike) said he would have them available soon.

9. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Those Micros are most likely legit. They're the same teams from the warehouse find and the cards look to be in the same warped condition. Look at the way the light hits the cards. I have all three sets and they are not recently made. The card stock is bent at the corners, and when you open them up there is even a bit of corrosion on the screws.

Since the warehouse find there would be no profit in knocking these off at any rate. You want to make bank on small TFs, the Headmaster repro people are way ahead of you.

10. RoboticPlanet

RoboticPlanet Exclusively Exclusive

News Credits:
    IMO, those constructicons which are no doubt the same Zhong Jin-produced ones as those in the giftset are of a lesser quality than the originals. Some joints being to tight to move, others floppy-loose and chrome so thick legs, like Long Hauls, won't straighten. Suffice it to say, I was disappointed after hearing a lot of folks talking up the quality on some of these KOs.

I'm inclined to agree. I saw a MOSC set of them in hand last summer and besides being on a bilingual card, they're the same as the US figures; no errors, manufacturing differences (card or figures) that I could see.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  11. cromagnus

cromagnus B-boy rumble

The dead giveaway is the missing asst. # that should appear to the right of the bubble in the bottom right hand corner. These are shamelessly produced; notice how they cleverly placed the figure in front of the hasbro logo. cough cough. Zhong-jin may you burn in gobot hell.

12. Might Gaine

Might Gaine The Devil Express

News Credits:
    I doubt the micromasters are kos. More likely dead stock...

13. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    I agree on the Micros, these look identical to the ones I picked up at Auto Assembly in August in terms of the card creases and the corrosion you mentioned. They're legit.

14. snkeyes069

snkeyes069 Legend in his own mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    SON OF A BITCH!!!! I bought all 3 sets from BBTS a couple weeks back. The condition of my cards suggests they are real (as some have said). Here's hoping I didn't just get scammed. :banghead: 

Attached Files:

15. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    You're probably fine. They wouldn't have gone to the trouble to try and make them look 20 years old, and THEN list them as KOs.

16. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

I just cancelled an ebay deal with those micromasters:
    G1 Hot rod patrol
    G1 Military patrol
    G1 Monster truck patrol

All were multi-lingual cards.

All 3 cards together they were BIN $47.45, so you can easily find out who the seller is. The seller also had no less than 10 sets available... They were cool about me cancelling the deal though.

I've no idea if they're KO's or not, but I didn't want to risk it. Though IF they're KO's, the sellers won't be making much of a profit.

Just to inform you guys, research what you're (maybe not) buying! :thumbs2: 

17. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

I bought those MM sets last year. I see such nagging and hell raising here concerning these figures it's absolutely laughable. Their quality is top notch, if they are KOs (which I think they are not) they are EXCELLENT KOs, as there is no difference between them and my original MMs from childhood, apart from tight joints on these "new" MMs.

I understand the feeling certain people have for KOs, but getting the afforementioned Hot Rod patrol (be it a legit or KO) for that kind of money is a steal. I've been searching for that team, on and off for years, and that set came as a god send, so I personaly don't care.

I also think that people that raise such a ruckus over KOs should ask themselves why do they collect tfs. If it is to relive their childhood and have the figures they always wanted as kids, I see no problem in getting KOs that are worth the price they going for. Calling every KO as junk shows how much the person calling them such knows about the whole matter and should just simply shut up.

18. leov36

leov36 Rubber Wheel'd UM

Instagram:
    come on, ko's suck man. i personally wouldnt want a toy trying to be a hasbro/takara toy, i want the real thin. why anyone would spent 60 to 80 and more on a ko just blows my mind. there are so many good ORIGINAL tf's out there that people are parting with, just buy those man. support the general economy and dont get ripped off.

19. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    its because some people are capable of creating KOs like this: basically a replica. great quality, sometimes tighter joints than you can find with a used g1 toy. the look and feel of it being "new".

Knock off doesnt always mean those cheap, scaled down, badly painted, fragile, non-poseable toys you find at a dollar store or big lots

20. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    Well I haven't seen 6 carded original constructicons for 80 bucks for a while.
    Link please??