New here.....and look what Ive found

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Max M Webster, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Max M Webster

Max M Webster Well-Known Member

Working on winning bids now.

I'm absolutely beat. 5 hours selling today at a live auction in the sun and I'm wore out. I've still got to get together local lots for pick up tomorrow, send out invoices and charge cards. *sigh* The night is still young at only 10p

Minerva wouldn't grade an 85 on the box. She was low grade.... maybe a 60-65 there. Bent corners and well worn. Buuuuut..... the fact that she was still MISB is amazing since there was so little of that in this sale for vintage pieces.

Now Smokescreen..... THAT was cherry. Probably an 85+ and I'm surprised it didn't get closer to $800. But far less desirable.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    What time for local pick-up tomorrow? Please let me know - thanks!

3. Max M Webster

10-3. You'll be getting an email shortly as I make adjustments to the necessary invoices to TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY!!!! :D 

4. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any chance I could get an adjustment for apparently bidding against myself when I just wanted to raise my maximum for the Cybertron Starscreams?

Anyway I'm happy with my purchases, even though there was never a picture of Robotmasters Beast Megatron..

5. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Had a couple of tense situations in there. Got in a big back-and-forth over THS Black Convoy and Japanese Animated Ironhide. Black Convoy got too high for me, but I managed to win the Ironhide

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Iron Moose

The Iron Moose Well-Known Member

I picked up a Red Slag, but Teal Grimlock and Green Snarl were out of reach. Slag is the one I had as a kid, but not having the set... :|

7. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...thirty-five WSTs at about thirteen dollars apiece; i'm pretty satisfied...
    ...i was tempted by that black THS convoy!..ultimately decided the WSTs were enough for one month, though...

• Like Like x 1
  8. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I really wish I would have put a higher bid on Ruination. Congrats to whoever got him. I still picked up some European G2 figures that are hard to find.

It's probably good for my wallet that these auctions are finally over, but I have definitely increased my collection and got several grails for good prices over the last few months including a complete G1 Megatron, Jetfire, and Omega Supreme.

• Like Like x 2
  9. The Iron Moose

The Iron Moose Well-Known Member

Last toy show I went to locally, I saw two Turbomaster Flash. Both had the same arm broken off. He's a toy I've wanted for decades, but never acutely enough to actively hunt. He's so *aesthetic* and he's FINALLY MINE.

(Guessing you got the G2 Powermasters, or Actionmaster Elites?)

• Like Like x 1
  10. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

Ahh i didn't see the corners being bent. I just saw that it had no real flap crease and though it would be in good condition. On a closer look, it is a little beat up. Still a really nice piece you don't see MISB often.

That Smokescreen was gorgeous. No flap crease and no bends at all. It would definitely grade well.

Considering how much those guys cost nowadays, that is a really good deal. Especially the G2 ones.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Max M Webster

I'll refund the difference if you pay more for the things I think went cheaply?

Did the lack of a picture cause the item to go higher than anticipated?

12. kmoua7

kmoua7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is it possible to bid against yourself? I raised a few bids myself but didn't pay attention to the result on those that I won, that's weird if that's really the case.

13. SelectedLime375

SelectedLime375 Luna1 Matrix Magic

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Congrats. I had been watching the G1 Megatron and Omega Supreme. I was able to get some grails/complete some collections with The Ark character model guide, G2 Bruticus, and G1 Reflector.

• Like Like x 1
  14. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, I got both of the G2 Powermasters and Turbomaster Scorch. All of the Turbomasters are hard to find complete but I just like Scorch the most. I'm sure a couple years from now, I will probably be kicking myself for not bidding more on some of more rare stuff.

15. maz25

maz25 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Will final prices be accessible?
    I have won a few figures over all rounds, but have not gone back to see what final prices were for those I was just "watching".

By the way Max, looking forward to future auctions from that old lady's stock;) 

16. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was a little annoyed at myself for not bidding up on these myself, but I did manage to get Hurricane. That leaves Boss. I've coveted that dude for awhile, but just couldn't swing it.

17. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

Fun fact, I've gotten 4/7 of the original scramble city combiners from these auctions (5 if you count urban camo ruination).

• Like Like x 2
  18. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

I won the bid on Ruination. It wasn't even on my radar, but it was toward the end, I had spent below what I had allotted, so I took a shot. I really like the Unite Warriors version. Congrats on the Euro G2 figures! I hope to someday get a few Japanese/Euro G1/G2 figs, but I'm concentrating on US G1 right now.

I hear ya about the end of the auctions being good for the wallet.

• Like Like x 2
  19. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Congrats on winning him. I didn't really need him but was interested due to the Unite Warriors set. The European G1.5/G2 figures are just so interesting to collect with their crazy colors. I think I'll finish my G2 and European collection before I finish G1.

• Like Like x 1
  20. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...more like fifteen after auction fees and shipping costs, but fifteen was my target budget; no complaints...