New here.....and look what Ive found

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Max M Webster, Sep 20, 2016.

1. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...not quite sure, but i've seen the duocons go as high as $20 apiece in exceptional loose condition, maybe $15 for exceptional loose jumpstarters?..

2. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    All In all happy with what I got, I didn't buy it but the 100% complete G1 Metroplex for $50 was a good deal. You always kick yourself for not buying the lot that goes for $5.

I don't know what version of Primus I got, but it seemed like a good price.
    [​IMG]

3. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I finally tracked down a Premium Series Megatron from the first movie, after 10 years. Paid a little more than I'd hoped, but still lower than he's going for on eBay, so I got that goin' for me, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  4. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

Think you got a cybertron version. I was debating on bidding him, but man, i have no space for those crazy planet bots anymore.

5. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...looked like a good price to me!..i think that's the original 2006 release; both hasbro's and takara's versions were supposedly identical, other than packaging and accessories...

6. outback

outback Member at Large

Ebay:
    Got my Deftwing! Haven't found a decent one anywhere!

7. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man, I wanted those European figures but couldn't justify the price. Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  8. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Nah. That's me. G1 stuff seemed to trend EVEN higher than normal this round. I was in for Nightbeat until he soared towards $150. $150? Yikes.

The auctions always seem to coincide with me putting my daughter to sleep so I'm half paying attention and half not, bidding up on things that probably shouldn't go so high. I regret it now, but oh well. The condition on this stuff is so good that I can chalk up overpaying sometimes to not ever having to worry about it again. I'm pretty picky about windshields, chrome, and oxidation on pins/screws.

Has anyone gotten an invoice for shipping?

• Like Like x 1
  9. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    Yeah, congrats! I almost went for the European Action Masters...

They actually ended pretty reasonably.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LBock

LBock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It seems like the prices are more in line with ebay as the auctions go along. My biggest regret is not bidding on more stuff during the first auction because a lot of the non-rare stuff was pretty cheap. It usually takes Max a few days to get the invoice out for the items that have to be shipped. You can always email him and ask too, he is pretty responsive.

• Like Like x 3
  11. slideshot

Yeah - I was shocked that Nightbeat went for $150, considering that's above retail/ebay for him. He did look like he had almost no discoloration, which can be rare. Weridwolf also seemed to go close to retail.

I just remember the Jumpstarter/Duocon Lot because it was still open for about 45 minutes after it was schedule to close because of the soft close rules. Just kept on seeing a new bid on it resetting the clock and wondering why is this lot staying open so long.

12. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    Yeah, If I could go back in time, I'd have paid a lot more attention to that first auction.

• Like Like x 1
  13. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    Yeah I totally missed the first auction, and those Decepticon Targetmaster jets going for so low in pristine condition haunts my dreams. Obviously I'm being hyperbolic, but man if those dudes aren't a pain in the ass to find in perfect condition for not a fortune.

Trust me slideshot. I was just as surprised that someone wanted that lot at least as much as I did.

14. slideshot

I actually won the slugslinger in the first round. He's pretty amazing with no discoloration.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ar78

ar78 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I missed clicking the bid button and lost the Titanium Ultra Magnus and Hot Rod. For what the Titanium Series were going for it seemed wrong not to buy them. I like them for my shelf at work and got most of the ones form the previous auctions.

It was also an impulse buy to get a lot of the fast action battlers for $5. Yeah they aren't the greatest toys, but my son will love them and stop taking my movie deluxes. Well he'll love them and still take my figures.

16. myrrh

myrrh Knell-Mown Wember

News Credits:
    ...i learned a long time ago that when i see something i'm legitimately interested in, to pick a comfortable maximum, place the bid early, and then walk away and let proxy bidding do its thing...it keeps my collection reasonable, saves me from getting caught-up in last minute auction mania, and if i want the ones that got away badly enough, there'll always be another opportunity in the future: in the long-term, i never really regret the things i didn't buy, only the things i didn't need to buy...

...i like max's style!.. back in 2002, to make ends meet when the economy crashed, i sold off a good chunk of my collection in similar fashion: got the word out to the interested community, put everything up for auction starting at one cent with no reserve, and let the market set the prices...my only regret from that sale was my beast wars laserdisc boxed set, personally autographed by the cast over the course of a few botcons, sold for something like thirty dollars and worth far more than that to me as a sentimental artifact...

...if anyone ever sees an autgraphed maximal edition laserdisc set floating around in the wild, let me know: it's probably mine and i'd love to buy it back someday...

17. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

::raises hand meekly:: Uh, that was me you were bidding against in the Jumpstarter/Duocon lot. I've been going a bit G1 crazy in the last few months, on eBay and in Max's auctions. Once it got above $70, I said out loud, "It's yours, buddy." ;)  You can definitely get caught up in these auctions. The combination of so many G1's in great condition, coupled with the fact that I've already gotten so many other figures (G1 and non-G1) for under the going rate, I felt on certain lots I could afford to go a bit above. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. Hope you enjoy them! :D  And you're right, that Nightbeat price was crazy!

18. worldsgreatest

News Credits:
    Heheh.

No worries man. It's fun to compete with fellow fans who all love this stuff passionately.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tenebre

Tenebre Sharkticon

Yeah, sometimes I think we're all a little nuts for spending so much on 30-year-old hunks of plastic. Childhood nostalgia is a helluva drug...

• Like Like x 2
  20. slideshot

Well, it could have been worse. The toothbrush went for $350. And it only has 2 points of articulation (I actually had that toothbrush when I was young)!

• Like Like x 1