Customs: New head options for TFPBH Darksteel.

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Cybertronian, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Cybertronian

Cybertronian Well-Known Member

I recently decided to pick up a few of the Beast Hunters Predacons. So far, I have Darksteel (from Predacons Rising), and Abominus (also from Predacons Rising). Abominus is a special case, so haven't taken him out of the box (yet).

I like Darksteel, and believe that he is unarguably the best use for that name, outside of Magic: The Gathering. (I wish I could summon him in Mirrodin!)

That being said, are there any better options for his head, WITHOUT using power tools? I've heard Beast Hunters Dreadwing used as a recommendation, and though I agree, I'm thinking of getting a second to use as a custom, but want to have something more streamlined. What I need to know is: Will TF: Cybertron Crosswise's head fit on this Predacon, and if so, can I get someone to make the necessary mods so that it fits on Darksteel/Grimwing's ball-joint?

-- Cybertronian.

2. Cybertronian

I can confirm that HftD Tomahawk's head will work on Darksteel's body with no work required.
    I wish I could say the same for Crosswise's head. Does anyone know if Bakudora (TFP: Go! equivalent to Ripclaw)'s robot head will fit on Darksteel (or Grimwing, Budora)'s body? If so, please let me know, or attach a photo!

For Darksteel alone, I wish I could commission someone to replace his original head with Bakudora's. For an Autobot (Maximal?) custom I'm working on, I want the same body to wear Cybertron Crosswise/Smokescreen's head, or a quality re-casting/replica thereof. (If you can (or have) done this, please send me an e-mail with your estimate.)
    -- Cybertronian.

3. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Darksteel has a pretty standard big deluxe/modern voyager balljoint.

I tried a bunch and they work well with minimal effort, as long as the head has the socket part of the balljoint. The issue will be width of the new head. Clearance on the sides into Darksteel's beast neck is very tight.

4. Cybertronian

Bump, because Darksteel could REALLY use a better head!