New Fortress Maximus official images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, May 10, 2016.

1. Neo Tallgeese

Neo Tallgeese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe there will be a "fan mode" to make the city look more like the original. I really like the idea of Titan Wars Fort Max, but for the price point they're going to really have to come with it.

[​IMG]

2. Omegaprime90

Omegaprime90 Well-Known Member

R.I.P Fortress Mode. I'll never understand why they chose a simple spaceship mode that doesn't even and never much has looked like a spaceship over you. Would it have really been so difficult?

With the plans to release Trypticon later on, I'm extremely worried about what they'll do to him.

3. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Forgive my noobishness, but who here has preordered from AE before? Is it cool, and do they charge for pre-orders when it ships (like BBTS) or when you place the order?

4. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

I hope you are right. Fortress Maximus should have all the weapons as possible

I will display him with my masterpieces

5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Cool. When you place the order. Shipping later.

6. monish

monish Not a Negatron!

News Credits:
    You have to pay in advance for the product. AE will send you an email later when it's released to pay for shipping. In a way it's good because you don't have everything coming up at once to pay

7. Deltacepticon

Deltacepticon Well-Known Member

Sure, who cares about ankle tilts?

8. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

What's he doing? Hailing a cab?

9. shogun221

shogun221 timewaster extraordinaire

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah. That is Fort Max's true alt mode and it's a shame MetroMax doesn't include it.

Ah well, money saved.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    The lack of accessories kind of kills the buzz for me.

:lol 

I hope so too. a part of me thinks it's somewhat possible.

11. Flash1087

Flash1087 Maybe in an Alternate Dimension

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Much obliged! That's a DAMN good price, but I'm gonna be cutting it kinda close considering when I'll have the extra money for it. Sorely tempting, though.

12. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    In the other thread I did a cost of AE vs BBTS and after shipping (which AE requires either Air or EMS), the prices are about the same.

13. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So.

How is this $100 more for a retool of metroplex?
    Just curious how people are going to justify this one.

14. Deltacepticon

Deltacepticon Well-Known Member

"Yo, it's big."

15. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

The text says that he will come with 3 accesories

We know 2:
    1) The red & blue turret cannon in the left leg
    2) The black thing in which Emissary can sit

Who knows, perhaps the last accesory could be the massive gun for Fortress Maximus

And don't forget that Takara haven't revealed their version yet, so maybe two more weapons could be included

16. DoubleClouder

DoubleClouder Prototype / Testshot collector

News Credits:
    If you are talking about the Takara versions, he's not. Takara Metroplex's retail was 19000 yen. Maximus is 25000 yen. That's a $50 difference at retail. My guess is it's the price of Cerebros since it looks like it has a pretty high parts count compared to Metroplex's head. Also I don't think we have a price of the US release yet.

17. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

Titan Wars Fort Max looks good and I like him!

However, I'm still very curious about the "Metroplex-functionality" of his shins, which look as though they still hinge open length-wise, and the large right-arm swivel-hinge, which seems to also still be able to move.

It would be really lazy (and dumb) to blatantly leave these vestigial features in without any apparent use of their functions. Would Hasbro do such a thing? I wouldn't doubt it, but it would be weirder than when they left in bits of CHUG Galvatron's abandoned "walking-tank" mode in. And it would be a waste of plastic besides that.

The pics of the box are not encouraging either, as they depict only three modes, none of which utilize those joints. Are there any images of the shins being open or of that chest-hinge being used? Maybe there will be a "secret" additional mode revealed that uses that functionality, or maybe Takara will make use of them, OR maybe it is just lazy design/parts re-use and wasted plastic. I sure hope not... :confused: 

18. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

hey, maybe Fort Max will also go on sale at Costco.

I'm just not excited enough about either alt-mode to jump on this right away... will take another wait and see approach to see if the price lowers again if supply outpaces demand.

There does look to be enough real estate in the lower legs to jumpy some sort of tower transformation, but given where the joints/connections lie, it'd be an awkward sort of thing where the top of the towers are formed by his feet and the guns hinge out from the bottom of the towers...

I guess that sort of movement on the guns makes more sense if you're using them as AA cannons... but years of sci-fi consumption tells me that when you have a tower plus cannons, you always put that cannon near the top of the tower.

Cheebs... just priceless man... sad but funny truth.

19. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Well, like Generations Metroplex, the base mode is kind of a let down, but robot mode and battle station mode look really well done. Have not decided which version I will go with be it Hasbro or Takara. More than likely Hasbro due to being the more economical choice.

Forgive me, I cannot remember whether it was said if he would feature similar electronic features to Generations Metroplex or if they have been stripped out of the remold. I would be fine with the latter honestly.

20. AutobotAlvaron

AutobotAlvaron Autobot

On a vid from one of the Hasbro events, it showed a Rep demonstrating electronic fx on the Cerebros. He said that both the main body and the head-unit had lights & sounds features but didn't show them all off. A tiny red LED could be seen on Cerebros' chest as well as speaker-slits. I, for one, love electronics, especially when they don't hinder the toy otherwise, and I hate it when HasTak strips them out. I appreciate it when the actual voice-actors and accurate show-fx are used.