New Flame Toys products: The Fallen, Jetpower armour, Windblade and others...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I've not been in the loop. Is the wind blade kit not happening now?

Dark star saber is cool and that, but these recent repaint are a bit concerning. I hope flame toys is still gone make new stuff.

Also, are the white IDW magnus and red bee out yet?

2. Fc203

Fc203 #RestoreTheBayVerse

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    People were harassing flame toys and they pushed them into deleting the existence of windblade, then they played the victim card when people defended windblade

• Like Like x 2
  3. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

So does that mean it's maybe happening? Like not confirmed either way?

4. Fc203

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Theres a possibility its happening but redesigned

5. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Oh I see. So at best, its not going to be for a while before we get a windblade kit. Like unlikely it'll be next year. Since design to production takes ages. I'm kinda sad, flame toys are so good but also so expensive compared to bandai kits. I'd love to build them all, but as it is I'm picking and choosing. As a character, windblade is kind of a must

• Like Like x 2
  6. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I hope Windblade wasn't outright canceled or worst redesigned to the point of looking very different from her original design for the line. It's idiotic that the people who just couldn't leave well enough alone had to throw a massive temper tantrum and ruin the product for the people who DO want to get Flameway's Windblade figure. If I were Flametoys I'd told them to back off and just go find a product they do want somewhere else.

• Like Like x 6
  7. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Artist with a Temper

News Credits:
    FT was not harrassed; people voiced their dislike of the model like rational adults.

The damn thing had what was essentially a pastie on her crotch. It's disgusting and it completely alienates female fans. If anyone is "playing the victim", it's the people who advocated for that design; they don't care if it makes someone uncomfortable, all that matters is THEY want it. There has never been an official TF product that's done that before.

Let's be glad you're not FT, then. Listening to your customer base is important, and it's a bad look to do something kinda dumb, like make a model of a robot that has very human-like assets, and instead of hearing and listening to those who really, adamant dislike it, but instead go "back off" and lose a bunch of customers.

The internet exists for that kind of content. We don't need it in Transformers products.

• Like Like x 6
  8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Thing is though the Flame Toys line is meant for be for the adult collectors who enjoy doing model kits. Thus it's in a way for a niche market to begin with despite obviously having big name characters like Optimus in it. If this meant to be an actual mainline thing where kids are going to notice then sure you'd be right about that but this isn't. Also most of the complaints came from Twitter which isn't known for being reasonable with most complaints to the point of actually harassing people. Besides there's nothing stopping Flame Toys from making a more traditional Windblade either since we've already got different versions of Optimus and Megatron anyway so why can't we have a design that goes into a different direction?

• Like Like x 9
  9. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

I'll be honest, I'd buy whatever they put out as long as its not crazy expensive. The furai drift is like £60 here in the UK. For comparison, I got optimus and megs for £30 each. Which is still more than a gundam but its like my limit.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They absolutely did not. Some of the things said against this model were so incomprehensibly irrational I actually fear repeating them here.

Says who? Plenty of female fans were fine with it. If it really alienated female collectors, wouldn't every single female fan unanimously agree on it?

Why not, it works for other companies when fans complain that they're doing something stupid with their brand. Look at Disney and Star Wars.

Or maybe we can stop telling other people what they should and should not like, and stop being offended on others' behalf and being so sensitive?

• Like Like x 10
  11. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Windblade was the only one I wanted. I'm a huge fan of Hajime Sorayama's Sexy Robots. But if Flame Toys wants to listen to the vocal minority of complete IDIOTS, there is nothing I can do about it. They just won't get my money.

It's disappointing but this world is overloaded with stupid people. If you don't like it simply don't buy it. But you don't have to ruin it for everybody else.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  12. Snaku

Snaku Primes Don't Party

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, so first off, "There has never been an official TF product that's done that before."

61tSQ3bj8jL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
    61tSQ3bj8jL._AC_SL1200_~2.jpg

Next, it's only a pastie if you decide it is - it's a mechanical detail on a robot, not a piece of fabric. True the shape, size, and placement do fit that definition and I don't think you'd have to argue too hard to make the case that they did it that way on purpose but I mean if they'd just left that part off and had the entire area as black plastic, it's not like anybody would accuse them of sculpting her naked.

And lastly, and I realize this has been discussed ad nauseum but I've still never heard an argument either way that really satisfied me: she's a fictional character. If there actually were a real life female Transformer named Windblade and she chose to "dress" like that (I dunno how much control Transformers are meant to have over their appearance but it has been implied in at least some continuities that they can choose aspects of their appearance), would it be right to shame her for it? To tell someone that they shouldn't own their own body and dress sexy is just as demeaning as telling them that they should. And, if not, then why should the designer be shamed for designing her or the company for producing it?

Honestly, like I've said in other posts, I'm really confused by this subject. I was brought up religious conservative so of course I can understand the whole "you shouldn't dress sexy" thing because it's "sinful", but that only works if everybody shares the same beliefs as you. I have three sisters and no brothers and I can attest to the "yes, all women" thing since literally every woman I've ever discussed it with has had to deal with some level of objectification and/or assault from men so I can definitely see that being objectified is a bad thing, having witnessed the consequences. But on the other hand, some people (women and men both) like to dress sexy, like to be on the receiving end of the opposite sex's gaze, and don't feel like they should be expected to be ashamed of it. I've spoken with a woman who did nude modeling on an art site and I asked her if it bothered her that her pictures were ogled and that guys might be... erm, taking care of themselves while looking at her, and her answer was, "Not really." She seemed to respect herself plenty. Obviously she doesn't want to be subjected to lewd comments, suggestions, or other forms of harassment, but she seemed to be pretty comfortable with the situation otherwise and didn't feel she was being made less of a person because of it. So if we accept all of that, where should the line be drawn with fictional characters. I'm legitimately asking because I know that this kind of thing bothers some women too: my wife told me she didn't want me to get that Firebird figure because it bothered her (she tolerates Blackarachnia but isn't thrilled about that figure).

• Like Like x 10
  13. Fc203

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Devastators balls made me uncomfortable when i was a kid but you dont see me complaining about it now days because i forget about and ignore it and i dont call michael bay hasbro and paramount pieces of shit for it :rolleyes: 
    I know there was actual interest in this windblade but they were in the wrong platform to promote it making the wrong decision and if they do scrap it, theyll also loose money from designing it so might aswell sell it since there is actual interest

• Like Like x 3
  14. Convoy

Convoy 90's Robot

Does anyone know when the red Bumblebee is due?

15. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Loving it. :D  I can already imagine him being called either Shadow Saber or Death Saber even.

Hmm didn't know that. Pretty interesting idea.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Berser Car

Berser Car Cryptid member

Tumblr:
    That Star Saber Alter looks good. Sure, the colors are overused, but not bad looking. Also a homage to an previous toy.

17. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    Okay, I'm totally referring to Nemesis/SG repaints as 'Alter' from now on. That works too well.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ShylockZeuss

ShylockZeuss Surprise!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Is that a Fate reference? Never thought of referring to Nemesis or Shattered glass as alter but it kinda fits xD

• Like Like x 5
  19. Recon734

Recon734 Mnemosurgeon

News Credits:
    I knew that's what it was referencing, but I didn't even pick up on the Saber part! My brain is slow today. :lol 

20. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    Cursory google search reveals that is a shocking well described but ultimately unintentional crossover.

• Like Like x 2