New Flame Toys products: The Fallen, Jetpower armour, Windblade and others...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Legate

Legate RIP Kevin Conroy and Akira Toriyama

Maybe the way forward is to make this a crowdfunded project on Kickstarter. That way the people who want it can have it while at the same time it's not out in regular retail release for those who feel that would be problematic. And for those who feel this design colors too far outside the lines, being a Kickstarter project would create some separation from the other projects FlameToys is doing.

2. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 Apologist, "Hasbro bootlicker"

Instagram:
    If there's any concern from Hasbro as the licensor, a Kickstarter won't solve anything. Hasbro wants to protect their brand and characters, and in my opinion this design harms those. If anyone in Hasbro corporate shares that view, the only alternative would be a third party product from another manufacturer.

3. MishMash

MishMash Well-Known Member

The thing is, these model kits in retail release are normally in places like hobby shops and such meant for the older audience. And in my hobby shop (HobbyTown USA), these Transformers model kits are right next to model kits like Frame Arms Girl or Armor Project Girl or even tamer stuff like this that is on the same level as Windblade.

https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby...3XVQGF1PB3W&psc=1&refRID=0WHXJY5ZQ3XVQGF1PB3W

This kind of thing with model kits is really the norm, if you've ever actually seen them on market.

• Like Like x 4
  4. vproject

vproject Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No need for a Kickstarter. They can just make it a Japan/Asia exclusive and it would probably do good sales and even sell out from all the publicity this kit has gotten.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Legate

The logic still holds. Clearly Hasbro was ok with the physical representation of the design, or else WE would never have seen the prototype. There's an assumption that they disapprove due to the tweets and FB posts being pulled, but that's only speculation.
    Conversely, we already know Hasbro is willing to go to crowdfunding to explore projects that wouldn't fit the structure of normal retail release.

Oh, I'm well aware. The difference here is the intensity of negative attention this product has garnered. It's not unrealistic to use a different approach for creation and distribution under the circumstances.

Yeah, that could work too.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2020
  6. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 Apologist, "Hasbro bootlicker"

Instagram:
    I am speculating, but even if Hasbro had approved earlier in the process, or even at this prototype stage, I would certainly expect a final approval before market. This is an opinion, but I don't think the attention this has gotten is the type of attention Hasbro wants, and I'm not sure they're eager to share Toy Fair floor space with this design. Will Flame Toys still be displaying the model? That could be an indication of what is to come.

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    This thread is closed until further review.

Staff edit:

First, what's transpired in this thread the past 24 hours has been disrespectful, absurd, and at times gross. We're reopening this thread but know that TFW does not welcome harassment of any kind. Which leads me to ...

Second, I cannot emphasize this enough, please report posts that violate our forum rules and / or guidelines. Do not engage with posts that violate those forum rules. The staff here are all volunteers and are not online at all times, we rely heavily on the community to point us to violating posts. Unfortunately situations can literally happen over night. However, we read EVERY reported post. Additionally, if we miss something (a quoted post for example) please report that too, or please, PLEASE, PM me directly. We will handle it.

Third, if you're coming into this thread to bully, instigate, shit-post, or attempt to hide behind blue text, you will be removed. Tolerances are extremely low.

Fourth, no outside issues will be brought here. We cannot police what happens on Facebook, Twitter, or other forums. If you bring it here or attempt to use TFW as a platform for those issues, you will be removed.

Lastly, disagree with each other, it's fine, but do so in the way you'd want to be treated. The thread will be reopened for now.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 32
  8. testrun

testrun Well-Known Member

So is the wingblade cancelled? I hope not

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    Nothing set in stone yet.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Anyway, I’m excited for these model kits

• Like Like x 6
  11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So far, not officially.

I certainly hope not as well. Though I’m pretty much only interested in Primal, and hope he heralds the release of the Big and Lio Convoys he was revealed alongside

• Like Like x 4
  12. excelhedge

excelhedge Overseer of Weird

News Credits:
    I'm buying Windblade and Optimus Primal plain and simple, cuz I find the design Cute/Amazing.

If people have a problem with it, I could care less.

• Like Like x 14
  13. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I’m just here for new takes on characters, so I’ll probably buy them all.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That IDW stealth bomber Megatron with those sword looking wings looks amazing. If only I could afford these figures.

• Like Like x 4
  15. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Honestly, after seeing the digibash of windblade, she looks really cool. So I'll be picking her up now. :D 

I REALLY want her designer to do a beast wars Dinobot now. I think he would look glorious. XD

• Like Like x 3
  16. meisterman

meisterman i am in love with rotb

These all look great- I saw IDW OP at EB games today and it really convinced me on these. Definitely gonna get Megs and Windblade when they release to go with my soon-to-be-owned Optimus.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Keroshino

Keroshino Beasties: Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Exactly how i feel about Windblade and I usually have no care for Model Kits or Non-Tranforming Transformers.

Gimme dat figure tho Hasbro/FlameToys...NO TAKE BACKS!!!:D 

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  18. Legate

I think l'll end up getting at least two. One to put together "stock", the other to futz about with. Whether that just means messing with the paint job and/or color scheme or goes so far as to attempt some customization, I dunno.

I love the complexity of the design. Internally, I don't think it's as involved as a Bandai Master Grade or Perfect Grade(correct me if I'm wrong), but externally I think it might be even MORE complex.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ShylockZeuss

ShylockZeuss Surprise!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So I was just doing some touch ups to my windblade digi and noticed that part of her wings are missing. Maybe this was what they meant by "rework"? Idk, I doubt it but just wanted to point it out xp
    winidblade-change.png

Some slight changes to my earlier digi, added the white patterns from the artwork too.
    windblade-new-ireallywanthisfigure;-;.png

• Like Like x 16
  20. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup. I usually don't buy non-transforming figures, but I'm going to make an exception.

• Like Like x 8