New Flame Toys products: The Fallen, Jetpower armour, Windblade and others...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Triceradon

Triceradon Unironic Earthrise Smokescreen Fan

"I don't care about any deeper meaning behind people's disappointment in the figure, so I'll just say they're scared of nudity."

• Like Like x 5
  2. RobotKnight95

RobotKnight95 Unamused and Insane

News Credits:
    I think at most they'd do the combine mode and the team leaders of both forms which is what I'd settle with. Any other characters would come later if at all, Rust dust being the most questionable since she had no equal in Megatronia's team. I'm mostly curious how they'd pull off the combiner modes if Windblade is any indication how that design process would go.
    [​IMG]

3. pluto

pluto Well-Known Member

Here's the thing tho. I am interested in kits per se - I love me some frame arms and gundam, I think the flame toys line of kits is grouse so far, I am especially pumped for the beast convoys. The windblade is not that. If it was done with the same kind of idw faithful-to-maximalist vibe of kits so far I'd be in. I desperately want to see a translation of Sarah stone's artwork to plastic. This kit is not that either. What this kit is is some boring ass cheesecake done by a dude whose credentials are largely hentai. Moreover I don't need to see the collecting resumes of everyone else who side eyed this lazy project to see some common refrains in there either.

• Like Like x 3
  4. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the intent of your comment is the opposite, your use of reductio ad absurdum has a ring of truth to it.

The fact of the matter is that Western society is conditioned to feel some degree of shame of our own bodies, and that shame is wielded as a cudgel. It is an ingrained "fear of nudity" that drives these sentiments.

Reverence of the human body is one of the most artistically pure concepts in the history of man, and has existed in every instance of human society since the dawn of our species. The fact that as of relatively modern times, some seek to demonize it, speaks to me as being depraved and twisted, and not the other way around.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Triceradon

It'd be aces if we didn't have so many hangups about nudity, but you and Rewbot12 are deliberately missing the point. People are disappointed not necessarily by Windblade-as-cheescake, but that this is how Furai treats a character who had just as much potential for a dynamic, stylized figure like their Starscream.

• Like Like x 2
  6. pluto

pluto Well-Known Member

Like it has been said clearly, and repeatedly that the disappointment is how far from the mark this design is compared to say the seeker kit but I'm glad I have some dude on the internet with high school level debating skills to tell me what I'm feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

I mean, they have different versions of Optimus Prime, I don't see why we can't have this version of Windblade and a more IDW styled one later, too. Like, why can't people just be allowed to like this? A lot of people already understand the criticisms and reasons others have about this, so I don't see why we can't just let it be.

• Like Like x 5
  8. pluto

pluto Well-Known Member

What part of what I just said do you think means you can't have this?

9. Triceradon

First impressions mean a lot. A lot of criticism for this figure would almost certainly be dispelled if it was following a more IDW-esque design.

10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See, in the terms of this particular figure, I really don't see much of a difference with Starscream at all.

Where you see the cheesecake angle as derailing, I see it as incidental. I see the Furai Model line as being a celebration of the fandom as a whole, bringing in multinational artists to the table to realize their vision of Transformers.

Ban's vision, while being more overtly sexualized, also brings with it unique design challenges and an innovative aesthetic that is eye-catching.

• Like Like x 4
  11. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    I just e-mailed Flame Toys about Windblade, encouraging them not to succumb to the evil SJW hate train,
    but just got a "thank you for your words of encouragement, we will try hard to please the fans going forward" reply back,
    which I don't know how we're supposed to interpret...

Hot f*****g damn, I hope they don't just throw in the towel here...
    It could be an issue of Hasbro calling them out on the pose being too "overtly sexual"
    as all of their items are ultimately subject to Hasbro's approval,
    but if it's a reaction on their part to a bunch of whiny a**holes who weren't in 1,000,000 years
    ever going to buy the product, then that's just a wretched, horrible shame, and they need to
    course correct ASAP.

I think the entire argument against sexy/sexified women is completely stupid.
    IF you're against it, don't buy it. If you want plump and or androgynous women, fine,
    ask the figure makers to listen to you. But DON'T crap on things that some people like
    and want to own, just because you personally don't agree with them.
    There's millions of products on the market I don't agree with, but if they're not for me,
    it's not my place to make any comments against them!!

I know I'm preaching to the choir on this site,
    but I'm just so fired up with rage over the handful of comments from
    (most likely) IDW/BL fangirls, who would probably be FINE with sexualized/bulging
    male figures, so f*** all of them, double standard having %(#&#('$'s.

• Like Like x 9
  12. Lionhart44

Lionhart44 Well-Known Member

Initially hearing this was a non-transforming Transformer figure, I should've read the "model-kit" label, I wasn't interested in picking this up. But being a big weeb, and pre-ordering Nicee already, I'm gonna get this.

Can't wait.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Because they went straight to a sexist stereotype for their FIRST female figure. It portrays to world at large that when it comes to female characters sexism is the default and many people are tired of seeing that happen. It was said when that Arcee statue was revealed, it was said again when the first design pictures of this Windblade model were revealed, and we are say it again now.

14. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I got this email from flame toys
    Capture+_2020-02-20-20-54-54.png

• Like Like x 5
  15. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    I was actually just thinking about the Bishoujo stuff, and realized that they have a license for just about everything. Even G.I.Joe ladies are being made now. And I think even if Flame Toys doesn't make this, it's only a matter of time before Kotobukiya will.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

I dunno, maybe it's somewhat odd comment about not needing "collecting resumes of everyone else"? It just, sounds vaguely insulting to me personally. And like, the general feeling that the people who don't like this design are just talking down on the ones who do?

Like, I'm sorry if I'm interpreting it wrong, that's on me, but I dunno, the whole conversation has been dragging on for a really, really long time, so it just feels like no matter what people say in defense of liking this design and hoping to see it happen with little to no changes, that the answers won't satisfy the ones who don't like it?

Again, I totally understand the gripes people have with the kit, but at the same time, I think there's nothing with just leaving it be and letting the people who do to do so without causing trouble.

• Like Like x 2
  17. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    It's called an "automatic response".

• Like Like x 2
  18. Rewbot12

Rewbot12 Well-Known Member

NM.png DZ2.png

The second one was never an issue for me. I never heard of anyone, FAT persons included, taking offense of this later rendition of Getter 1

To me, what the East is now, in the artistic aspect, is what the West used to (or could) be. I think the West, in certain aspects, did not advance, but regress.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Mojom

Mojom Well-Known Member

When Windblade first came out I was pretty excited to see that the first fan-built transformer was the first female autobot jet. I slapped down good dosh for the Takaratomy version of her Generations toy and I really liked it, even if it was a bit flimsy and had a really finicky foot stability.

I have never cared about model kits and I've never usually cared about "cheesecake" in my figures, but I think I'll go and vote with my wallet in this case for Windblade as my first and only Flametoys figure.

P.S. Thanks for reminding me about Nicee. She'll be on my list too.

• Like Like x 13
  20. pluto

pluto Well-Known Member

Fully half of the promo for this fig has been shots of its arse. Can you say the same for starscream?

• Like Like x 2