New Flame Toys products: The Fallen, Jetpower armour, Windblade and others...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    That's not a refutation of anything I am saying. Just because it isn't necessary doesn't mean it isn't a normal part of business. Transformers can survive without a lot of things that people like about it. Being a big brand means pleasing all kinds of people.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ultimately this just proves the point further that you can't make everyone happy. Hasbro and Takara will license what they think will be profitable and Flame Toys fit the bill. I think they'd rather cash in on the licensed route rather than see an unlicensed company cash in on a pie they can't have a piece of.

• Like Like x 2
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    When I was 15 I was making minimum wage at McDonalds. Got rides to and from work, but could bike to the store to buy my own Transformers with the money I made.

Not to mention "adult permission" to buy a toy isn't the same thing as "adult permission" to see a movie. Nobody carded me at KMart to see if I fell into the age range for the action figures I bought.

And, yet again, nothing about Furai suggested it was only for adults until the first female character was introduced.

Which, if you want that to be your point...if Flame Toys ends up cancelling this figure it ain't "censorship" or "SJWs" as people want to claim...it's Hasbro/Takara/Flame Toys deciding it wouldn't be worth it.

I've already said...if they want cheese, sell cheese. Create your equivalent of KISS Players or Bombshells and sell T&A robots. Slap a big (18+) on it so comic shops know to put them in with the rest of the pinups. But don't take something like the Furai models and decide "We're gonna drop this in there too." then act surprise when people get disappointed.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Boople Barp

Instagram:
    The more I've looked at this model, the more I see nothing inherently sexual about it. We're throwing around the phrase "T&A"...But the T is actually surprisingly underplayed...and the A? Honestly not much different than the implied muscles seen on the rest of the flame toys roster. What are you going to put back there if it isn't the actual muscles that are anatomically there? When did a fairly accurate female athletic build become dirty?

• Like Like x 7
  5. Knightsword

Knightsword Fire in the North TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    It has very visible nipples, made even more so in the colored digibashs.

6. Boople Barp

Instagram:
    I see what you are saying in your first point. I have to remind everyone, though, that only one group of people is a guaranteed sell. The people that wanted it to begin with. We've seen time and time again that outrage does not mean actual dedication to the product, and more often than not, the outraged spectators move right on down the line when their demands are ultimately met.

I see breasts that are molded exactly like MP Blackarachnia. But smaller. And less realistically boob shaped. A bit like a chest plate.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you don't like something, ignore it.
    The internet gives too many people with poor opinions higher soapboxes than they need when still to this day you are much easier to sway others with something good instead of screeching.

That said, I'll happily order two or three to practice painting with.

• Like Like x 10
  8. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I've been to anime conventions and I'm honestly surprised Takara didn't license out stuff like this sooner. I won't be buying these but I've seen that there's definitely a market for it. They've seen other companies making similar things, doesn't surprise me that they want to cash in.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, not sure about that. If I were to see this out and about with no branding whatsoever, I'd pretty much go like "hey, that looks like Windblade". If you look at the digibash some people have created, it's obvious it's Windblade, even if it's a stylized take.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Fc203

Fc203 Hasbro shill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Call me stupid but if they cancel windblade im not going to buy any flame toys stuff, its a shame i was really interested in some of them

• Like Like x 6
  11. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

That was fine for you. And when I said "adult permission", I didn't mean like, "you have to legally prove that you can get this figure", I mean, "you have to ask your parents if they're alright with you spending money".

Not everyone's parents are gonna be like yours. I can tell you right now, that my parents' rules were "You're only allowed to get figures when your lowest grade is a B+, and that it's not more than $20". And not everyone's gonna have a job when they're 15, that's not something that's universally true either (like I was, because, if you can't tell, they wanted me to focus on my grades first). I will admit, I typed that with the perspective of how I grew up, so that's on me.

And if it makes you feel any better, I never suggested that it was an adult figure. All I did was say that the likely price range for it was probably going to deter kids and their parents away from purchasing it.

Again, that wouldn't be fair to the equally large group of people who do like the Flametoys version. It's not fair to let people who don't like something, and have no intention of buying said something to be able to have the ability to cancel it, depriving it from the people who do like it.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm probably buying at least three. I've already got a few custom ideas in mind.

Circuit Breaker, Blackarachnia in all her incarnations, all of the G1 fembots (who are all essentially G-Rated versions of Hajime Sorayama art by way of Floro Dery), and Octane's pin-up girl in Five Faces of Darkness all beg to differ. Top that off with all the girls in the live-action movies...

• Like Like x 10
  13. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I'm not sure. It'd be nice to know in the future though. I was tempted to get autobot Megatron to practice out drybrush painting for a faux brushed metallic look.

14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    ...but that's what I'm referring to. If a parent is already at that level of requiring permission, then literally nothing matters because they're going to have to clear every purchase even if it's a Cyberverse toy. And even then, the problem still remains: Suddenly this model toy line that has been okay with parents suddenly has a figure that isn't okay because it's T&A in a line that was never about that until now.

Businesses don't release things out of the goodness of their hearts. By your argument I could claim it's "not fair" that Hasbro didn't sell a CW Megatron that combined because "people wanted it." If there isn't enough people who want it to make it worth the trouble of selling it, they're not going to sell it.

People are conflating the problems with this particular figure into a strawman that doesn't exist...

If Hasbro/Takara want to do a cheesecake line, do a cheesecake line. Release a whole line of sexualized female Transformers and slap your 18+ label on there. Sell them at specialty shops or online. Fine. Who cares. Do it. Sell your KISS Players and your T&A robots and have a blast.

But why did they need to be mixed into the Furai figures? What about Furai suggested this was the direction they were going to go? It'd be just as confusing as if they dropped something like this into the Generations line. We keep saying: That this was their first step into female characters sends a really weird and disappointing message.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2020
  15. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

This is that dismissive attitude that’s costing the fandom right now, the attitude that says the concerns of others mean nothing. That “people with poor opinions” line of yours really pisses me off, too, because it reflects very poorly on you as a person. I’m really biting my tongue right now for the sake of civility.

I really am surprised they did this - not the models - but green lighting the design. Given how much Hasbro was hyped at how many women were entering the fandom when MTMTE, I’m honestly shocked they greenlighted the Windblade design. How could they NOT see this reaction coming from a mile away? It’s not a good business decision, especially if it drives away a group of consumers they worked so hard to attract.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Dremare

Dremare It's pronounced "dreh-mare"

Fair enough, I suppose. But I still think that for the most part, that the people who don't like the model should give the people who do like it some space to at least talk about it with each other, and without getting into long arguments about it.

I've seen plenty of female fans being excited for this model, too, you know? And I've also people on Twitter harassing the ones who do like the model as well. It's not a clear-cut "this side is clearly the one in the right". Both sides have good points about why they think the way they do.

• Like Like x 5
  17. dragon_lord

dragon_lord great dragon god

I think most see your point, and to some extent I agree, yet I can see why people might be defensive with this stance since a figure like Nicee which is not licensed by Hasbro and that is not going to be available to the mainstream public also got a ton of backlash from the "this toy shouldn't exist and you should feel bad about it" crowd.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    And of course, the Michael Bay movies. Don't even try to tell em those don't have T&A.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I honestly don't give a damn what people think of me.

• Like Like x 4
  20. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the same places that carries these figures in the store also more than likely also sell statues of anime characters and superhero's who are way, way, WAY, more sexualized than windblade here.

Actually, now that I think about it, how is windblade here any worse than the captain marvel figures that are on clearance at every walmart right now?

• Like Like x 4