New Flame Toys products: The Fallen, Jetpower armour, Windblade and others...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

I just showed mine younger sister that windblade and others, she would buy it, as i thought, younger kids dont mind the design at all, they just want to play with figures.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

Ignoring the drama, this is easily my favourite Windblade design. The face does look a bit off though.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Dark Prime

Dark Prime Ware Wa Oof Nari!!!

YouTube:
    I like what I see, and can we just stop with Windblade having things meant for research purposes

• Like Like x 1
  4. TFGenoBats17

TFGenoBats17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And here comes the cancel culture. 

• Like Like x 6
  5. Digger

Digger Banned

News Credits:
    The reactions from some have been oddly interesting. It weirds me out how Mairghread Scott also doesn’t like this figure. It makes sense but I didn’t know how much it means for your character to be this bad in your eyes. But Bansav is taking it like a champ. Dude has been sharing his art more and explaining his philosophies and he’s heading super strong. I’m really in admire of his confidence. Amongst the war going on right now he’s winning.

This is big brain thinking.

• Like Like x 3
  6. VoiceChanger

VoiceChanger Member

HOLD MY BEER.
    I MUST HAVE THIS WIND BLADE.

• Like Like x 7
  7. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    I'm not too concerned about the tweet getting deleted. If they openly stated "yeah, it cancelled" then I'd be concerned.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Because people overreact to seeing human boobs on a Transformer, making a fuss rather than just saying "no thanks" and moving on.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Joseph Joestar

Joseph Joestar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  10. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

I don't get the problem with Windblade. They used a Bishoujo style with her. Yes, they didn't need the butt shot but the front shot looks great. I made a digibash of her and honestly as a Bishoujo figure she looks fantastic. I hope she will not be cancelled as I really want her, and no, I will not display her from the back.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  11. Arrogant Arachnid

Arrogant Arachnid Banned

What does that even mean

12. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Officially licensed OS KO of Scourgatron Moderator

News Credits:
    KEEP IT PEACEFUL AND STOP THE BICKERING.

• Like Like x 4
  13. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Looks like Arnold in the first terminator movie.

14. Legate

Legate Plastic Crack Addict

Me, I like this for the same reason I like SWMNBN: it's an out of the box take on a popular character whose aesthetics and depiction both appeal to me.
    My purchase is neither for nor in support of lechery, misyogony, etc. At the same time, my purchase will not be an act of spite or defiance against conventions of political correctness, cultural sensitivity, etc.

I find this design to be just as valid a depiction as a version with more obvious vehicular characteristics, and I would feel the same way about a male character expressed along similar lines.

If you don't like it, I don't care. I probably don't like everything you buy either. That's just the way the cookie crumbles.

• Like Like x 4
  15. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    his chest needs to be bigger and beefier
    Megabootydaddytron

16. Robbot

Robbot Well-Known Member

Would uou mind digibashing primal please? I really want to see him in Optimal Optimus colors.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Looks so great in color. Now all it needs is the longer back fins/wings it had in the concept art.

18. Zappit

Zappit Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if Flame Toys retools this. Even one of the writers who handled Windblade for years expressed deep disappointment that the design ended up looking like that. Hasbro head to have noticed. They’ve really been trying to reach out and build an audience among female comics readers and collectors for almost a decade now. Many of those fans felt insulted by this design.

And for all those saying they don’t get the outrage - maybe, just maybe - listen to those women. Listen to why they felt insulted and degraded. Listen to why they felt hurt by this. Don’t tell them the product isn’t for them. Don’t tell them to not buy it if they don’t like it. Listen to them instead.

At the end of the day, Transformers wants to be for all fans - and frankly, when part of the fandom feels uncomfortable and degraded, that should be a problem for ALL TF fans.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Trikeboy

Trikeboy Well-Known Member

I first found out about this Windblade after a woman posted about her in a Facebook group and she had nothing but praise for her design.

• Like Like x 10
  20. Snaku

Snaku Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I want to empathize but I have to admit I'm super fucking confused by our modern culture. Everybody is opposed to kink shaming and slut shaming and yet there's still this kind of negative feeling toward a cheesecake version of a completely fictional character - someone who can't be shamed or degraded because she just straight up doesn't exist. I mean if a real woman in the real world decides to dress up in a sexy cosplay that exaggerates and sexualizes her body, then it's wrong to attack her for it but if an artist depicts a fictional character in the same way, then they're demeaning the character and all women somehow. If that's the case, then isn't the real woman who dressed herself up also demeaning all women? And if that's true, then why are we celebrating her and attacking anybody who slut shames her?

Just to be clear, I'm not arguing in favor of slut shaming or anything like that. I honestly want to understand this insane double standard. Why has the world decided that we need to be understanding of people expressing their sexuality and kinks while at the same time treating sexualization of fictional characters as bad? Also, I would like to add again that it's not necessarily even sexualization with this figure - it's a human form which is only sexualized because that's how we choose to view it. It's not like they've posed her performing lewd acts.

• Like Like x 8