New Flame Toys products: The Fallen, Jetpower armour, Windblade and others...

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 19, 2018.

1. ahro23

ahro23 Omnibot

I agree with your opinion on the MMC Drift -- there's nothing wrong with the build or feel of the figure, but due to the nature of trying to balance a cool alt mode and a transformation sequence that doesn't want to make you rip your own face off, the overall look of the bot mode suffered. While I don't think it would be impossible to have a transforming figure end up looking like Flame Toys Drift, that transformation would probably be an absolute nightmare.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    They're not up on HLJ as far as I can see. Is it just because only Optimus is out so far?

3. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Given all the talk about sexualization, I would love it if Ban were to sexualize say...Ironhide or Mirage as feminine males, and Flame Toys to make that into a kit. Knowing Ban's portfolio he is very much up to the task. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Personally I think that this WB is well on the embarassing side but the market segment for this will purchase it anyway no matter any voiced opinions, so... *shrugs*

What's really hurting my eyes is this Pat Lee rate terribadgodawful look of this so-called "G1" Optimus Prime.

But then, I'm not into non-transforming TF figures so... *shrugs again*

5. Chainlink

Chainlink No real than you are

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    I love the Windblade and am happy that we're getting an official product that delves into the "sexy figures" genre. Transformers isn't and shouldn't be treated as some sacred holy ground. Give it room to explore new frontiers wherever that may take it.
    And if my viewpoint is anything to go by, there's definitely a market for it. I'm totally using that Windblade art as my phone background right now.

(Also, not seeing the argument that Windblade doesn't look like a Transformer. You could apply that to pretty much all of these figure reveals. They just look like anime mecha. No apparent vehicle parts visible. Not like that's a bad thing. I just don't think we should single out Windblade (who, mind you, has wings and a cockpit in her back.))

• Like Like x 3
  6. NOCV

NOCV Cretin of Kaon

News Credits:
    I'm down for Windblade. I love how they've subtly designed her armor to look like lingerie.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur Cocktalk

News Credits:
    Gotta be Tracks man, that bot is fiiiine.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Asking for bishounenbots or feminine dudes is clearly asking too much from Hasbro. I don't know how it hasn't happened yet. Closest thing we have to that are seekers.

9. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 MEGATRON ATTACK

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  10. Lionheart

News Credits:
    I wouldn't say it's just the lack of vehicular parts. It's just her anatomy in general. Even fembots in Transformers are still blocky in some way (blocky chest plates, large shoulder pads, big calves+big boots combo), this Windblade is literally just Bans usual body with smaller boobs than most of his works and robotic seams.

• Like Like x 3
  11. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    I know I'm all for seeing that sort of stuff. Doesn't interest me personally but why the hell shouldn't it exist? There's a market for it.

12. GAUGE

GAUGE Professional Digital Artist

News Credits:
    Proven fact, sex sells and by sex I'm talking about anything that makes your mind go to that primal place, to make your eyes drawn to it. Whether it's men or women or other genders, sex has always sold. People need to stop being afraid of it just because it makes them feel insecure to admit they like things. Cars, planes, guns, pretty much anything when featured properly has some sort of sex appeal. Look at car or truck magazines. men's health, GQ etc. Look at awesome Photographs of Toys, the poses things are places in that really bring out the features of toys. It's the same thing Male and Female Human Models do when being Photographed. So ya, In terms of toys, it's there.

Personally, I tend to buy whatever catches my eye. I hope this trend for transformers continues. There are so many styles these robots are made, that there's something for everyone. People in general need to stop acting offended, and just embrace there's more unique and different things coming out which will bring even more folks into the hobby.

Transformers Collecting is for Everyone. Nobody who collects whatever form they choose to collect or like or talk about should be made to feel shame, or disgust for what they choose to like, create, Sell etc. We all would love to put our own little touch on this Hobby.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    My knee jerk reaction would be because it's wired, but that's judgmental. I would also what to say why can't we let men look manly and women look girly (for lack of a better term) but then I remember that that a subjective issue and I found RiD 15 Strongarm attractive not just for her body, but because of her personality so, I'll just let people like what they like as long as they don't berate be for having my own tastes.

14. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tracks is fine too. Hell, Classics Mirage is already femmy looking and I love it. Won't get rid of it even if a new one comes in the WfC trilogy of toys.

Too much for Hasbro maybe but not for Flame Toys. :D 

One can dream at least.

Agreed. I'm the last person who thinks we need to crusade for LGBT in fiction...but I'm actually gay myself and I actually do want to see male sexuality, in that manner, explored. The closest we got is Classics Mirage and the deluxe First Edition PRID Starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Berser Car

Berser Car Cryptid member

Tumblr:
    I would like that.
    "Yo, Doc. Heard you like building models. So we made a building model of you building a building model so you can build a model while being a model."

• Like Like x 1
  16. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    I feel like this thread is slowly creeping toward what makes a transformer male or female...

17. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

Ok we need the Airachnid toooo

• Like Like x 1
  18. PlanckEpoch

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That's a can of worms that I try not to open. I do think that the idea of robot sexuality is...fun in a silly cheesecake way.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lionheart

News Credits:
    Bold of you to assume I'm offended by this. I literally just don't think you need to design what is essentially a human body to sexualize a transformer. The fandom has proven this twenty times over lol.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 TFW's #1 Combaticon Addict 10 years running Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    So, couple notes. I've deleted quite a few posts because a lot of it was just off-topic arguing and leaning towards socio-political talk regarding sexualization. Because this is an official product, we'd very much like to keep the thread open. If you don't like how the figure looks, that's fine. If you do like how it looks, that's also fine. But I'm seeing a lot of judgement in here from both sides of the argument, and therefore some animosity, and that all needs to stop. You're welcome to disagree with each other, but dragging other members' names through the mud and insulting one another will not be tolerated. Neither will "the left does x, y, z" "the right does x, y, z" because I can kinda see that happening too, so let's make sure politics of any kind stay out of the discussion. Like I said, we very much would like to keep the thread open, especially since Hasbro isn't likely to allow anything TOO suggestive. Most of us here are adults (not carding everyone here), but because this is still a Transformers discussion board, we have to tread lightly because the topic is somewhat of a tightrope and there may be kids with or without accounts looking and the last thing Tony B needs is "those parents" filling his email box.

That said, if anyone has any questions regarding deleted posts or this issue of "censorship", feel free to contact me or another staff member and we'll clarify as much as we can. Thanks.

• Like Like x 10