New Flame Toys Furai Model Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Dec 14, 2017.

1. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a (not so) simple explanation as to why the Flame Toys' kits have prominent crotch thrust action.

If you look at their Twitter and Facebook pages, they credit the design illustrations to various staff at Studio TRIGGER. A Japanese animation studio that's done a multitude of shows, but probably most notably the recent SSSS_Gridman from last year. The people working there are MASSIVE fans of Masami Obari (he's done some sightly NSFW stuff. So don't google it at work or something), who was prominent in the animation industry especially in the 80's and 90's. Obari had a thing for drawing robots (and humans) in very dynamic but exaggerated poses. There were crotch thrusts galore. Which, of course, the illustrators working for TRIGGER homage whenever they get the chance. There was even a slight controversy because Gridman had so many homages to his style and animation work that Obari himself quipped that maybe they were doing it a bit too much. Which was misconstrued as him accusing them of plagiarism.

So, long story short. It's probably not about hidden desires or anything like that. It's just that the designers are hardcore fanboys of this one designer who used to draw a lot of cool robots.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Retroheavy

Retroheavy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I’m more of a lacquer kinda guy ;) 
    CAB1E676-D644-413C-903B-625E29AD1CCC.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. JomasterII

JomasterII The Space Consultant from Jolo

News Credits:
    At least this guy has cleaned off the nub marks better than some OTHER photo shots.

COUGH COUGH, SEIBERTRON.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Well, to be fair, Dengeki Hobby also does sample builds and leave visible nub marks just so people can see where to cut and what not to cut off.

For that kind of finish, I agree.. metallics I tend to use Testors Model Master Enamel. My DMK01 model, nothing but enamel!

Optimus-37.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Are Flame Toys Japanese?  I saw them once at Wonderfestival but I\'ve never seen their products at Japanese shops. Any links would be appreciated.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They are, but they only have a few products out right now. I noticed HLJ doesn’t have any as of writing this.

7. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Bad-assimus Prime
    [​IMG]
    :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock :buttrock 

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'd like to take a moment to point out that you're making all of these complaints....And your avatar is a weird cartoon kid character who is blowing a raspberry.

While pissing a rainbow.

:lol 

9. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It goes even deeper than that. The Optimus Prime Attack Mode and Starscream kits are directly designed by Akira Amemiya, director and animator for TRIGGER studios. He's directed Inferno Cop, Ninja Slayer the Animation, and SSSS Gridman as his most recent. He's also done animation and design work for a number of series, including Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Little Witch Academia, and Kill la Kill.

That's why I love the Attack Mode Prime and Starscream kits, myself. They practically ooze TRIGGER's distinct style of dynamic shapes and angular features.

10. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Thats 6ix9ine....the King of NY.

F**KiN TR3WAY !!!!!!!!

11. shiftshock

shiftshock Well-Known Member

It's a Gundam!

And it's Awesome!:rock 

• Like Like x 1
  12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    "It's a Gundam!" sounds cooler with added "wings of a boy who killed adolescence."

13. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I tried to watch Wing again last year. I couldn't get past episode 10. Teenage me ate it up but as an adult who's much pickier about anime, it just doesn't pass muster. Though I have some issues with Gundam Unicorn, it's mobile suit action is still goddamn top notch.

• Like Like x 2
  14. shiftshock

Don't point out Megs weird crotch. You'll trigger him.;) 

• Like Like x 2
  15. shiftshock

The Kshatriya is an awesome suit. I have the HG model. It is big! I have to keep its appendages condensed to fit in the display case. Unicorn has some of the best designs IMO.

16. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    unicorn was great , but I do prefer ibo action scenes over it ... though the ending does piss me off .

funny with how things turned out , that’s appropriate in context given that flametoys designs are from trigger .

17. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    Hard to believe in the past he used to be someone who people used a lot of had fun conversations with and used to contribute to threads in a positive way. Here and seibertron. Now he just complains about everything and hates anything that comes anymore

Sorry X, you used to be a great person to chat with but your contribution has just become trash. It’s a shame

18. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Whoa lil homie...slow down for a second and put what you just said in perspective. You just called my opinion "trash". My opinion is a part of me, so the way I see it you just called me trash. And you think im not gonna get offended ? Ill give you a free pass since you say you knew me from Seibertron. Wanna know why I had better discussions on that site ??? Because over there people would actually stand their ground and DEBATE. They didnt complain about comments they didnt like, they brought a healthy argument and didnt try to shut you up with a one liner. Remember Tsutsukakushi ? Say what you want about him, but that boy didnt whine about "negative" comments. He knew how to debate. One thing thats so annoying is when people say "you dont contribute anything of value" to the thread when what they really mean is they dont like what you contribute. And now that I think about it, why are we even using the word "contribute" in the first place ? What do you think this is, some kind of potluck dinner ??? Oh, I brought a whole ham and Rated X only brought sodas so his contribution is "trash". Cmon now...this is a damn forum. We drop comments. For better or for worse, thats what we do. Dont be a hypocrite because Im sure you dont attack the people who "contribute" the infamous "shut up and take my money" meme to these threads. Is that really "contributing" any more than my comment criticizing this lines groin anomalies ? Speaking of which, why cant Flame Toys do a Furai Erector ? It seems like that would be right up their alley. Thats something I might actually buy. Everyone here knows on the Bayverse threads I am a staunch defender of potty humor. But these ridiculous crotches arent humorous anymore they are getting stupid. How can something be such a joke from the waist down, but be so serious from the waist up ? And yes I know you can put them normal. But these photos shoots have me inclined to believe the designers idea is to have them all do this:
    dd30f850bc7234fc631fd6c3ea0e4d85767c3aa8.jpg
    And whats even more funny is what the guy who built it said...
    Capture+_2019-01-30-23-16-13.png
    Gotta love this guy...he gets it !!!

19. Big Convoy XIII

Big Convoy XIII The One Man Army

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It\'s a really great looking.. not-Gundam Optimus, really it is. I like the style of the over-dramatic and large limbs and metal plating too.

But.. I, like many, can\'t really seem to get over that super imposed crotch he has going on there..

20. Jhund

Jhund Screws>Pins

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    idw comics optimus 8D4BC6E9-5BEE-4425-9C17-D28416E0E5D6.jpeg 9CAEDA13-387C-4E3F-8C7D-7EE28A27B60D.jpeg
    And the less Super imposed crotch pose 57AF40D3-287E-421C-91F0-3A1BC00555EF.jpeg

• Like Like x 1