New Fan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jamarmiller, Jun 19, 2012.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    It's heart warming to see his collection continue to grow, glad he's still interested, hope he stays interested for a long, long time.

The Easter Bunny is very kind and brings lots more than just some eggs and candy. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMG_0074.jpg IMG_0075.jpg Masterforce has begun !

So we started Master force about 12 weeks ago and we just watched Episode 17 this evening I try to only watch a new ep once a week with him so he can enjoy his toys and play with them on the weekend but as you can see I cannot stand against the sheer might of an 7 year old begging me to see another episode every few days and instead of once a week and thus relented a few times LOL.

Anyway he is loving it. Loves the Pretenders, loves the new Headmaster Juniors, and loves the Powermasters (that he has seen so far). Next week is Sixknights first appearance so I am giving him that third party sixknight that came out a few months ago because the old takara or hasbro one just sucks LOL.

So yeah, he loves his toys, the new concepts/master types

As I am watching Masterforce with him I have come to the conclusion that most of the time the music just SUCKS. Man if they had some of the american music placed into this series it would be so much better. Sometimes when they are fighting the music........is so dull, Its anti climatic . really think the series would be so much better with 90 percent of the US series music being used. Dont get me wrong there is a tune or two that I like but most of it just doesnt get the heart thumping like the g1 music does.

with all said, I am super happy he is enjoying this series ( both cartoon and all the toys ). At this rate we aim to start Victory around Christmas in which I have the toys all ready for him .

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  3. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    13710527_10157111870395524_4436957074526688351_o.jpg My boy had a bunch of friends over and they all sat down and played with some of his Transformers. It was his friends first time really with Transformers. I enjoyed watching their reactions.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    You know what, J?

You were on my ignore list for a while, simply because of all the cool stuff your son was getting. I'll admit, I was jealous. But seeing him open up his Japanese friends to Transformers, and hence, a new kind of giant robot, is just amazing to me. I trust that you raised him to understand the complexity and the value of a lot of these figures and that he'll treat them with the same care you did.

Good on you, man.

5. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Haha thanks , I appreciate it .

6. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    jamarmiller... just wanted you to know I deleted a couple of posts, felt they did not represent the spirit of this thread.

I always enjoy your updates, your son is lucky to have such a nice collection, like my nephew, who's collection is much larger than mine these days.

Glad to see your son sharing his TF's with other kids... hopefully getting them into TF's too!!!

7. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My boy turned 8 today ! Wanted a Transformer birthday party again, ( Thankfully ) so he got it. We are starting Victory in mid November so he got a few Victory guys ( whom he really doesnt know yet because he doesnt know whats coming next in our house ( Victory cartoon ) and a certain other, long time wanted, guy, along with the new Takara Headmaster Weird Wolf and FORTRESS ! 069.JPG 036.JPG

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  8. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMG_1502.JPG My kids just got the latest Takara headmasters !!!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  9. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As we are midway through victory and the kids will be getting the rest of the cast for Christmas even my girl has learned the theme song . Thus I present how my 6 year old sings victory , video........ Before it turns into chaos and dancing lol

10. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My boys Christmas haul !! His 8th Christmas . Merry Christmas everyone !

IMG_1697.JPG IMG_1694.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Today was a sad day for me.

My Children and I finished the G1 cartoon series. Which included the 3 Japanese series ( plus Zone ), the 2 Fanatic films fan made continuation eps and Machinmas Combiner Wars series. We started when my boy was 4 years old and now he is 8 and a half, so it took us roughly 4 and a half years to go through it all.

I had slightly edited the Machinmas Combiner Wars series and put it together as one , one hour and 3 minute movie and I must say I enjoyed it much more than before. It was one of the few times my boy actually asked to watch something again immediately after it was finished. Its got problems for sure but I got to say I enjoyed it as did my kids. I do hope future installments of their series improve though.

Anyways, I am a bit sad that it is over but it was a good run, and good memories have been made with my children.

Now we will start watching the Beast Wars/Beast Machines series, since I do consider that to be a part of the g1 cartoon continuity .

Oh and shortly after my kids had a big battle with their toys, that I snuck into their room and got a few pics of !

Till all are one

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  12. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Great Pics and D'awwwwwwwwww, Transformers Milestone Reached. The time you've spent with them watching all the series will always be something they remember and treasure...and you too. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  13. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMG_1929.JPG

And For valentines today, he got the rest of the Micromasters from Zone . Which finishes off his G1 cartoon character collection .

IMG_1930.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  14. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My boy and girl with their new sharkticon army , just this morning

IMG_5334.JPG IMG_5336.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  15. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMG_3745.JPG IMG_3743.JPG
    It's summer again and thus my annual neighborhood summer outdoor movie nights have been chugging along . No transformers movies this year BUT........After the movie my boy and his friends play PlayStation on the big movie screen ! Last night was Transformers the movie game but with the g1 skins !!!!

IMG_3748.JPG IMG_3752.JPG

It's summer again and thus my annual neighborhood summer outdoor movie nights have been chugging along . No transformers movies this year BUT........After the movie my boy and his friends play PlayStation on the big movie screen ! Last night was Transformers the movie game but with the g1 skins !!!!

• Like Like x 2
  16. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Aww...

• Like Like x 1
  17. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    IMG_3853.JPG IMG_3857.JPG IMG_3865.JPG IMG_3873.JPG IMG_3881.JPG IMG_3894.JPG Was my boys 9th bday today , wanted a transformers theme again . We just started Beast Wars this morning and lo and behold he got the beginning cast members of beast wars for his presents along with some Beyblade crap that is all the hype here in Japan at the moment and a game.

• Like Like x 3
  18. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

Aww.Hope he had a great birthday.

19. jamarmiller

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks , he did .

Beast wars has really reignited his interest in TFS again and I'm enjoying watching the series again with him. Trying to limit it to two EPs a week but we both want to watch more LOL

• Like Like x 1
  20. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    :bday  Happy Bday to the little guy!! Looks like a great part and a good haul!!

My nephew went thru the Beyblade phase too, but he's still into Transformers...always!!

• Like Like x 2