New earthspark trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by User_138281, Aug 25, 2022.

1. AutobotTurbine

AutobotTurbine Well-Known Member

Drift says hello.

2. Rakzo

Rakzo Peruvian Transformers Fan

News Credits:
    Depends on the continuity.

3. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  4. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

He was a typical non-redeemable super villain. He was ruthless in his quest for power. Humans disgusted him. Megatron was pretty much this in all universes.
    The Sunbow show WAS like that in the non-three parter shows imo too. Marvel was a little deeper. pre-RID IDW, deeper. But I don't believe this is fleshing out a dynamic character:

Transformers EarthSpark Ttailer 32.jpg Transformers EarthSpark Ttailer 31.jpg Transformers EarthSpark Ttailer 30.jpg
    Its like trying to redeem Cobra Commander. Oh. he is good now, he wears the Ghost insignia with the Cobra symbol inside of it. He is a good guy now. All is forgiven.
    And this could never have a motive cmoing from any of Megatron and Cobra Commander from previous universes of death and domination.

However if this is nothing like the Transformers Universe we have seen before where Megatrons crimes were stealing oil/energy and only and fighting the autobots and never killing anyone... sure let that play out and maybe the kids will play along. Rated G. Sure.

5. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    I'm still not sold on Swindle. I think the apparent conflict between Megatron and Soundwave could be really interesting and different, but Swindle is coming across as a pretty generic "thug"/baddie character so far. He even seems to be complaining/dissing anyone who works with humans? (I think that was him, not sure.) From G1 on through he's always been the "make a deal with anybody" guy. Make deals, not war was his G1 motto. Even Animated Swindle would work with humans to wheel and deal. He didn't care who you were- if he could profit from you, he was ready to make a deal. I'm not seeing any of that so far in these clips (other than I think it was Swindle saying he got a tip from someone that there were goods and no guards, which sounds like he's got some contacts that give him information and that certainly sounds more like a dealer of black market goods.)

I love the Combaticons and I hope that since they brought Swindle into this they'll use his existing personality to make an interesting character. He's the used car salesman of the Transformers; he definitely deserves to be more than a generic baddie. I hope these clips aren't showing the whole story and that we get the wheeling and dealing Swindle many of us know and love. (And more Combaticons would be great, too!) I think this show could be a lot of fun but I hope they get Swindle (and any other Combaticons that show up) right.

• Like Like x 3
  6. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

exactly megatron was a FLAT NON-CHARACTER. you just admitted it your self

and in the trailers them selves megatron is still megatron. he flat out is telling the decepticons to resist so he can fight and beat the shit out of them.

i am sorry megatron is not your EEEEEVIL for EEEEVIL sake but i will take interesting over flat and same old same old. if i want to watch the non-character G1 megatron i will watch G1

• Like Like x 7
  7. Omegaclaw

Omegaclaw HGFDJUYIYFTDRGYUIYGFTDX

News Credits:
    What is the point of complaining. The show is less than a month out, with season two already in production. They are not going to change the show just because a handful of people want Megatron to be a boring saturday morning cartoon villain. Plus, this Megs is awesome! He wants the rogue cons to resist so he can beat the shit out of them, and he's funny as FUCK!! He cracks jokes! I can't remember g1 megs ever doing that!

• Like Like x 7
  8. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

If this is more TF Animated themed, then yes, which it looks like, just watered down for the younger ones, but we'll see how it turns out.
    But G1 Megatron did crack a couple... especially at Starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Omegaclaw

News Credits:
    Im just gonna say judging how hardtop appears in the same single setting in all the trailers he’s in and looking at mandroid’s right arm, this show could dark in tone. i also want to avoid spoilers so if im wrong then you can make fun of me

10. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    I don’t think the “war” in Transformers has ever been taken seriously in media outside of Prime and Animated. The nature and intensity of the conflict depends entirely on how it serves the story the writers are trying to tell. We’re not going to see this Megatron kill anyone most likely, because he has to be whatever he is here.

• Like Like x 2
  11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Like how Optimus played basketball or Grimlock wore an apron in G1?

12. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Elita-1 sounds really nice and compassionate, almost as nice as Bayverse Optimus.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

I just now realized what was triggering my disdain for this show.
    The artwork and animation reminds me of the garbage "Megaman" cartoon they did a while back.
    Man, my opinion of that show is so low that it affected my opinion of a totally unrelated show years later.

14. Omegaclaw

News Credits:
    Man, i just love it when people hate a show and call it garbage before it’s even out

• Like Like x 5
  15. Protostar

Protostar Defender of All the Sparks

Typical day on TFW

• Like Like x 5
  16. twichy

twichy Well-Known Member

if i was looking for a "dunk" i would have put the opinion i have about it here. but i didn't bother. enjoy your thumb ups.

17. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

watered down... and G1 was not?

transformers has and always was a kids show

• Like Like x 11
  18. Ackar

Ackar Well-Known Member

in every franchise that is kids show centric theres always this weird elitism?

like take that show the clone wars and look clips of it its full of gen Z young people trying to make it be and sound sooo much grittier and edgier with the excuse that it isnt a kid show and thus its ok to like it.

granted that show aimed at a slightly higher demo than earthrise I think but its always this weird ''no no you see its darker than you think so its ok for me to like it nowdays not like kdis these days''

its ammusing when sunbow g1 for example is put in the same type of argument.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Omegaclaw

News Credits:
    I will have you know that rescue bots is better than many other transformers shows out there

• Like Like x 11
  20. Protostar

Protostar Defender of All the Sparks

True, Rescue bots unironically slaps

• Like Like x 6