new Earthrise Netflix trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Dec 7, 2020.

1. CryptiniteDemon

CryptiniteDemon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Blegh, even the trailer is boring. I....only....talk.......in......excessively.........staggered.........words. It's weird how I'm excited about Kingdom, while simultaneously knowing it will be crap because it's the same show as this pile. I'll still watch this and give it a chance, but it's not looking too much better than the first season.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yep. Earthrise picks up right where Siege left off.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, the first season has 6 20 minute episodes. In essence, you’re watching a movie. Best to sit down and do it in one go. Don’t go into it expecting anything great. It’s got everything that worked in all the other franchises thrown into a blender. Voice acting is really weird, and they don’t transform. Optimus is kind of a noob at the whole “leader” thing, so he isn’t who you’re expecting. Impactor, Jetfire, Bumblebee and Megatron are by far the best characters of the show. Be prepared to almost, root for the Decepticons. Also, the shows should really have more than 6 episodes, as I feel like it would have more time to develop its stories and characters.

• Like Like x 2
  4. PrimeSmokescreen 04

PrimeSmokescreen 04 Well-Known Member

Looks pretty great! I dont really see the purpose of elitas subplot if the ark crew is going into alternate dimensions or why they arent using any of the earthrise bots like trailbreaker or sunstreaker but I'll wait and see I guess

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I’d add Elita to that list too, but yes.

• Like Like x 3
  6. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

They... talk... slow... to... pad... for... time.

Siege was a *slight* improvement over the Prime Wars... “quality.” Hopefully this will be a slight improvement over Siege. At this rate Kingdom should actually be pretty good with any luck... lol

At any rate, at least it’s all a step in the right direction. I’m sure they’re learning from their mistakes with each installment. (fingers crossed)

• Like Like x 1
  7. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    I'm sorry...who are the villains here?

• Like Like x 3
  8. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    I had a similar reaction, as well the same with Nemesis Prime, and the blink and you miss Scorponok at 1:29.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TonyStink

TonyStink AKA Deinotron the Terrible

YouTube (Legacy):
    Screenshot 2020-12-07 135238.png

• Like Like x 2
  10. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Honestly it looks cool. The voice acting is lame but who cares. There might actually be an interesting story for once. Also where is earth? The last episode maybe? "Bring me the ugly one" "c'mon!" Was hillarious. And unicron and galvatron showing up was awesome. But whats up with his face. Yikes. Wonder when we get to see the earth modes. Also like the space battle.

11. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I get a Headmasters vibe from this; by that I mean that if you saw a bullet point list of what happens in Headmasters, you'd think it was a great series. When you watch it, you fall on the floor and roll around, shouting for someone to say or do something to make it worth your time.

I think the trailer can make it look good, but after season ones total failure on just about every level, I have zero expectations for actual content or quality, regardless of what ideas the trailer puts forth.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SuperTitanHans

SuperTitanHans Upgraded

News Credits:
    I’m pretty intrigued.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Awful voice acting and what looks to be a completely incoherent story (which they will magic away with time travel/crossdimensional paradoxes). Bleh.

• Like Like x 4
  14. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I'm in the minority clearly, but I tremendously enjoyed Chapter 1. I re-watch it often.
    So certainly I'm excited for Chapter 2. Just wish it highlighted the "Earth modes" more. We'll see.

• Like Like x 9
  15. BonkleMaster

BonkleMaster Member

Cant wait to hear how off the voices of Primal and BW Megs are going to sound, since they clearly aren't going to use the original actors...

• Like Like x 3
  16. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So little fact for anyone wondering why it's much of the same. Netflix typically will commission two seasons of an animated show at the same time typically with the total episode count of both seasons being equal to a single season of something that would end up on TV. This is actually a bit of a sneaky trick in two ways. 1 It means you can't binge everything in a single free trial and 2 Saying a show has two seasons sounds better and implies season1 was so good it got renewed thus it's worth watching for those who might have skipped on S1. When what's actually happened is that their is no gap in production it's just a marketing gimmick, the writers just know mid way to write in a sorta end/cliff hanger.

So don't expect much if anything to improve regarding story, sound editing and design. That stuff for S2 was likely finished up just before S1 went live. Animation, effects and comp might improve as the staff refine their pipeline and techniques but who knows really till it's out.

But...... I...... Still..... Find..... The..... Voices...... Annoying.... As...... Hell.

Edit: Just to add some more context. I'm not saying every production is like this but it's fairly common. If a show does well it'll get a third season etc typically with a longer ep count as it's proven at that point to hold on and bring in subscribers.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Acting is still stale at best. They are also doing way too much for just 6 episodes. Galvatron/Megatron and the likely time-paradox-thing that's being hinted at, Unicron, Quintessons and the colony of mercenaries, Elita-1's resistance, Nemesis Prime, the Allspark. The last season already did a shoddy job of giving characters their due and the storytelling somehow still felt rushed despite dragging, this new season seems to be making the same mistakes as season 1 but with more intensity. And then after this we'll dive right in to Beast Wars which is even more stuff.
    They are trying to shove 30+ years worth of lore into 18 overall episodes, resulting in a series that has bad storytelling, rushed pacing, bland voice acting, and poor character development with characters that are unlikable at worst and boring at best. This makes TLK look good.
    But of course, a good chunk of the fanbase is going to call it a masterpiece because it's G1 and has nostalgic callbacks, which will in turn convince Hasbro that this is the quality of product they should aim for.
    Cheap and lazy, but it pleases the nostalgia addicts!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 9
  18. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I’m hyped. Give me bots fighting bots plus fan service characters- that’s all I need and it looks like we’re getting that.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Soundwave27

Soundwave27 Decepticon

News Credits:
    I saw Galvatron...I'm so happy...But... voice actor... acting is... slower...That's weird...

• Like Like x 2
  20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    It's nice that we get to see how Elita and her team are doing back on Cybertron. Was sure that we weren't but hey it's a nice surprise since Elita's one of the things I do like about the Netflix series so far.

• Like Like x 2