new Earthrise Netflix trailer

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Paladin, Dec 7, 2020.

1. Illiterate Scholar

Illiterate Scholar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Boy, there's very little earth is a title called Earthrise.

I wonder how this ties in with Beast Wars?

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Skycutter

Skycutter Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    they'll probably show up at earth near the end of the series, maybe the very last scene, and it make sense for the name

3. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

4. kman

kman Member

It seems. they will never land on G1 earth. Beast wars figures, G1 figures, Galvatron and Megatron all will get mixed into one storyline.

5. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Considering how Siege has nothing to do with the G1 story and tells it's own, it was never going to have the characters land on G1 earth

• Like Like x 2
  6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thing is I don't think Hasbro could make an exact replica of Elita if they wanted to because her model isn't physically possible. She doesn't even transform in the show. The problem is less that they didn't have toy renders for those characters, since Hasbro can only produce them so fast, but that RT did such a poor job matching that style.

Literally nothing he said had anything to do with what you just said. He never said you or anyone should dislike something, just that his opinion worsened on seeing the details about the half-assed character models.

You massively over-reacted. You're so defensive and insecure about this show you railed on a guy who didn't even have that harsh a criticism of it.

Then why is it called "Earthrise" and where do they get all their modern day Earth alt modes from?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Nova Maximus

Nova Maximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Considering how the story seems to be going they might not get them at all. And Earthrise might just be them reaching prehistoric Earth so that the Beast cast can come into play.

8. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Earthrise is the view of the Earth from lunar orbit, it's called Earthrise because it is the story of the journey to Earth and will likely culminate with a view of the Earth at the end of the season. As for where the Earth modes come from, how many characters have actually transformed into Earth modes?

• Like Like x 1
  9. IronPrime2169

IronPrime2169 Supreme Leader of the Bluepremacy

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hey, Split Lip is allowed to dislike something. They were just making their point. And personally, I still do cautiously look forward to Earthrise and Kingdom. However, I do feel more and more like this show was just a rush job to advertise the toys. While transformers has always been about that, shows like Prime and Animated made us care about the characters outside of the toys. For me, this show hasn’t done that, and it’s just trying. However, trying isn’t always going to be enough.

As for your point about the people who work on the content and toys, criticism is how they improve. That’s how we get better shows. "I know you like this. But this is why you shouldn't." You realize how dumb this sounds? You’re literally saying that people are being pathetic on these boards, but it’s only because we dislike it. And yes, opinions can change. I watched Siege six months ago, and I can tell you certainly that if I rewatch it now, without any of the hype, I will certainly feel very differently. “Fortunately there is a lot of people outside of the "fabdom" that really enjoyed this show. Those people that don't pay attention to stupid crap like bolts on the character models.” People have different criteria as to what they will constitute what they like. Art is subjective. So are likes and dislikes. So trying to gatekeeper what makes one person a fan and one person doesn’t makes you look like the pathetic one. You really tried to say, “I know you dislike this. But this is why you should like it.”

Did they even transform in Siege? They spent most of their time running around, instead of just transforming and driving/flying away.
    Edit: I found this link of all transformations in Siege:

At one point, the Seekers transform out of vehicle mode to give chase on foot. To chase autobots, that they were trying to desperately capture, who were also on foot, instead of transforming to vehicle mode so that they can escape.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    exactly :p 

11. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Where was this ever stated?

Almost everyone in the toyline, no? This show is meant to promote the toyline, yeah?

Barely, in fact a great many of them never changed forms, and even at points where transforming would be an indispensable talent, they still ran.

I got serious Energon flashbacks with this show.

And IIRC, don't the Autobots escape by blowing up a bridge, which the flying Decepticons can't... cross? Somehow?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    Christ, when they do happen half the time it's either offscreen or obscured by smoke or dust. The Transformers actually transforming is a rare event in this show, but actually being able to see it is even rarer than that.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe that’s just the definition of the phrase Earthrise, the term was coined from a photograph.

Earthrise - Wikipedia

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    And they do that thing that annoys me so much, and I fully admit this is just personal preference, where they "click" open and closed at the beginning and end of their transformations, rather than smoothly moving parts as they logically would. It's especially ridiculous when parts that otherwise don't move do it, or do so illogically, like how Prime's chest windows slide in an out, rather than hinging open where they should. It's just fluff to give the illusion of more moving parts. It started with Prime, but it's an attempt to copy the Bayverse, despite them not really doing that when they transform.

It just irks me in an OCD "that's not how it works!" type way.

But that clearly doesn't have anything to do with the toyline, which is all about characters getting Earth modes.

15. Super4Ever

News Credits:

I don’t believe every character released in the Seige line was in the show either.

It’s not a perfect representation of what we’re seeing in the toyline, it’s doing it’s own thing while helping to promote a toyline. They never stated they were following the toys exactly, unless I missed that somewhere and I’d be willing to admit it if I did.

Earthrise was a cool sounding term for the toyline for when the characters adopted Earth modes. Now the show has to use the term. They could have used it the same way the toys did or, and this seems likely based on what we’ve seen, the show went with interpreting the actual words definition and using it that way. But we really don’t know yet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I mean, the show exists to promote the toyline, to the point of using the literal CAD files from the toyline for its characters. It's reasonable to assume, to some degree, that the show would follow the toyline. IIRC excepting Micromasters and Targetmasters, every toy did show up in Siege in some capacity.

Let's not mix words, the Netflix show is being cheap. It's a cheap production done on the cheap, to the point where retooled toys are straight repaints in the cartoon, or otherwise inaccurate to save on assets, and the removal of Earth is not so much an artistic choice as a "we don't have the budget, resources, or will to make Earth environments and assets, so it's all going to take place in desolate, empty locations" choice. That's the only reason modern Earth is not being featured, because it'd be too expensive and this show isn't about following the toyline or telling a story, it's about merely existing for some cheap promotion. (of which it still fails at being)

• Like Like x 4
  17. Necromaster

Necromaster FEAR ME MORTALS

News Credits:
    The thing about that was it was kind of a bad choice of name even for the toyline. There were a bunch of Earth mode characters, sure, but there were also a lot of weird stragglers like Arcee or Snapdragon who very definitely did not have Earth-based vehicle modes, and then you throw in the Quintessons, rereleases of the Autobot and Decepticon Clones from TR, and the Galactic map and you start to wonder why they chose that name instead of "Exiles" or the like for this leg of the toyline.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    I'm like 85% sure Warden said in an interview when Earthrise was first announced at NYCC that Earthrise was the story about the journey to Earth. And that the Earth modes were a reflection of what the characters would look like at the end of the journey.

Been awhile since I watched those interviews though so hey. Maybe I'm wrong.

Agreed on Netflix being cheap either way. But I'm pretty sure it was stated from the get go that Earthrise's story was about the journey too Earth, not about actually being there.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Super4Ever

News Credits:
    I’m not saying I disagree with you, merely stating that the name Earthrise doesn’t necessarily mean Transformers on Earth and therefor isn’t necessarily a misnomer.

Agreed, it’s certainly all over the place. Than again like @TriBlurr stated above, I believe Warden did say this is about the journey to Earth, so being all over the place makes sense.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Chillyn

Chillyn Resist

Looks sick af. Can't wait

• Like Like x 1