New Earthrise listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Dec 28, 2019.

1. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

Double Dealer could be a RiD01 Optimus remold maybe?

2. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nahh, its still going super strong, they just started marketing the easy repaints as a premium exclusive line under "generation selects" and as store exclusives.

3. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Could be. But I don't think it would be cost-effective to remold an armor-up type figure into a triple-changer.

But these are some really nice reveals: Sunstreaker, Quintessons, Snapdragon, Doubledealer! Alright, Hasbro! Keep em coming!

4. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can’t wait to see all of these

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh bullshit. We will always get repaints in retail no matter what but they’re smart about it now. We’re getting characters, not like the old days when wave one is repainted and labeled as super power at the tail end of the line like the Unicron trilogy or the first couple years of the movies.

WFC prowl was done 4 times and only one was a select. Starscream 3 times but people don’t seem to think that the OG seekers are repaints. 80% of the 84-85 are repaints of eachother but no one cares because it’s G1

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
  6. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Can you elaborate? What GS are and E are you referring to? Seekers? Datsuns? Night bird? Hotshot? Powerdashers?

My comment excludes EX, EX are always repPowerDashers? Remolds for reasons that should be obvious to those who are familiar with TF etc, my comment refers to mainline of which there are no nonsensical, excessive repaints etc

I mentioned Crosshairs whom is a lesser known character and is lucky to get a figure at all albeit a repaint of IH/R etc

7. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m guessing Snapdragon will be an Apeface retool.

Nice to see an Autobot micromaster combiner set.

Wonder if Sunstreaker will be a unique mold or a Wheeljack retool as speculated?

8. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Use the same base robot for fire Convoy and Doubledealer's autobot mode.
    Switch out the armour bits between the two. Make DD's bird mode the result of armoring up the robot.

9. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    I keep forgetting the Micromaster SQAUDS are the combining ones and the PATROLS are the regular ones. It'd be funny if Barricade is in the Race Track Patrol, implying that in-story he got a new body to be "more G1 accurate" and it's down-sized and pink compared to the Movie-styled black patrol car.

So have both Runabout and Runamuck been listed in one way or another? It gets kinda confusing due to their names being intentionally similar.

Slitherfang is almost definitely some kind of snake-former based on that name and I NEED THIS RIGHT MEOW! There aren't nearly enough serpent alt-modes outside of Cohrada and Nightviper from the Beast-era.

Glad to see Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker in there. Could this hearken back to Phase One IDW if Sunstreaker has an Earth-mode and Sideswipe has a Cybertronian one?

• Like Like x 1
  10. denebian

denebian Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bluestreak and Soundblaster were both easy repaints/remolds and were exclusive (to Walmart).
    Of the Datsuns, one was Selects (Smokescreen) and one was Exlusive (Bluestreak).
    Of the Seekers, one was Exclusive (Skywarp, to Amazon, in a bundle pack with battlemasters some people had no interest in.)

In Siege, there were no straight repaint general retail releases. Every release had at least one thing remolded, even if it was just the smirk on Thundercracker's face. (Not counting the Battlemasters because one was just a straight repaint Blowpipe - Caliburst)

I fully expect this trend to continue into Earthrise. No straight repaints at retail. All straight repaints will be store exclusives or Generations Selects.

11. 8bitboy

8bitboy Well-Known Member

Ok so... hmmm... I am not that into the idea but... I am kinda super excited for Fast Track... on the same note, Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker have my attention but don't think I'll buy any of these, anyway... Waiting for pics.

12. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    I suppose but they dont really do that anymore, look at Siege leaders for example, only UM and OP shared a core but that's a legacy callback, it's not obtrusive, excessive, nonsensical, etc it makes 100% sense for them to share a core AND we already had an original mold OP so GU was extra if you will, within the mainline, an original Con mold being remolded into an iconic Optimus Prime in unprecedented. You can call back to TR Optimus Prime who shared a mold with Octane but that was TR, WFC is a different beast, John Warden on record said they are leaving those ways behind and only reusing molds if it makes sense with the character or is an ex etc

• Like Like x 1
  13. B-Fox

B-Fox Mahoro de MAMBO!

News Credits:
    Yeah. Repaints are now planned out better instead of clogging physical store shelves with the same toy but in different colors or "Here's Unrelated Character X In Character Y's Color Scheme So That's Just As Good As Getting A New Toy Of Them".

14. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    A lot of people (but just one, in this instance) seem to think they have more insight and authority than they do.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Cosmoglide

Cosmoglide NA W4Y W3 60

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    4 uses of Prowl. 7 Seekers. 3 Ironhides. 3 Sideswipes. 2 of each weaponizer. 2 Skytreads. Who knows how many Battlemaster repaints. The only deluxe I can think of that didn't get reused was Mirage.

I have no problem with any of this, but anyone bothered by repaints is not going to like this franchise, much.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Through the years, whenever Hasbro made a G1 character for the CHUG lines, usually they were modern interpretations. Some worked, some didn't(NEVER liked the PVC radome on T30 Doubledealer/Blitzwing, always wanted more of a G1 homage to G1 Doubledealer). Since WFC started a more G1 inspired love fest, I'm enjoying it while it lasts!

So hopefully Doubledealer is a fully articulated ICBM car carrying shifty turkey vulture red eyed robot that no one can trust but fits well in my collection. I loved its unique look and sculpt in G1.

• Like Like x 10
  17. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its been here square one when they took a hand full of Japanese toys and asked “how do we milk this?”

• Like Like x 1
  18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Why? Because reasons?
    And is Earthrise Inferno going to be RID Optimus in an Inferno suit? :lol 
    I know you're thinking about the siege leader system. Maybe (I bloody well hope not) they'll do it like that. But that forced gimmick is one of the many things that should have perished with Siege.

19. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Probably none. Not only do they have vastly different transformations, Sideswipe is using a Cybertronian mode, whereas Sunstreaker will most likely have an Earth mode.

There's virtually no way he'll have a Titanmaster gimmick based on what Warden said. Though him having Knok & Skar might still not happen. Though for a $50 price point, why the heck not?

Why would the sloppy mold reuse practices resurface when we're finally moving away from them? D=

No idea who you're talking to, but there's no Transformer on that list that's a feasible Cliffjumper repaint.

Those are largely mold reuses that make sense historically, aside from Slamdance & Crosshairs. As for Weaponizers, Hasbro seemed to neglect the little guys in general, even ignoring they they're largely repaints of each other. But IMHO, historical repaints, and sloppy mold reuses like Doubledealer from Blitzwing are two totally different things.

• Like Like x 4
  20. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    LEADRER CLASS DOUBLEDEALER = Astrotrain retool?

I mean the last one was made from Blitzwing.

Oh and Fast track will likely have a Roller retool to go with Leader class OP.