New Earthrise listings!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I think it's possible that the new leaders may be bigger than the armored SIEGE Leaders since there's no separate armor components to tool(well at least for Doubledealer). Hoping it's at least as big as Universe/Classics 2.0 Ultras.

• Like Like x 3
  2. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    At least it'd be happening now and not after I decided to drop bank on that Bump of Chicken Bee to make a Freeway to match retail Chase.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

Random thought (as ever). What if the Netflix show the figures are, apparently, based around winds up showing us Shockwave's need for that 'extra stuff'? (Not a criticism of you, I don't like how it's handled toy-wise in any sense either).

The show's so late to the party that for all we know our Astrotrain is a result of show decisions. Now, I suspect it's really just Hasbro doing a cost analysis, but I'm putting it out there.

Like, is Galaxy Prime even appearing in the show, for instance? Cos it's a strong look lol

I'm just spitballing btw.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yo I’m just waiting on them to make Apefa...oh wait...I’m good :) 

u know who I’m really interested in seeing is a new Cyclonus. But perfectly fine getting earth bots like Tracks before the return to Cybertron stuff

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  5. MoeMoeMax

MoeMoeMax Active Member

Something to look forward to!

6. loulis

loulis Member

Third wave is gonna be awesome.

7. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    astrotrain was created as an earthrise mold, the liklihood of what you are suggesting/hoping for is sadly unlikely based on that

• Like Like x 1
  8. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    Do we have confirmation of that?

9. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Its obvious it belongs to Earthrise. When they shows us Astrotrain I was very confused and then realized what hasbro was doing.

Im guessing it was a filler to the seige cybertronion modes line.

My gut feeling is the earth modes will sell better as the kids can relate the alt mode to something a bit more realistic.

Earthrise remids me Generations but scaled down.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vector Oracle

Vector Oracle Part of a complete breakfast

News Credits:
    THROTTLEBOTS, HOOOO!

• Like Like x 7
  11. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    I suppose it depends what one accepts as confirmation, but @Jtprime17 noted that Astrotrain, Spinister, and (I think) Apeface all had Earthrise product codes (wfs-e###) rather than siege ones (wfs-s###). Which is good enough for me and takes it past just being a reasonable assumption.

And Happy New Year, pop pickers!

• Like Like x 5
  12. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    ...are you even speaking English?
    Welp, that makes a lot more sense.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Well-Known Member

There were plenty of other earth vehicle modes in Earthrise- Skytread’s jet mode is an earth jet, and all the micro masters were at least styled after cars, trucks, jets and tanks.

from what I can tell, kids simply want a toy that looks like the one in the movie/show, or simply a cool looking robot that transforms. Whether it’s earth mode or not, they’ll buy it if it’s a transformer.

I don’t think it's filler- this is an entire year-and-a-half-long theme. But I will agree, vehicle modes remind me of older CHUG.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just Apeface and the Micromaster spy patrol 2 has some evidence of originally being apart of Earthrise. This is just based off what the internal Walmart listings said for them. We have no evidence for the rest of siege wave 5 unfortunately.

“Puts on tin foil speculating hat”

If the spy patrol 2 was going to be originally released in earthrise with no Soundwave in sight. It makes me think they’re a pre-tool for something. I know some people don’t like the idea of Knok and Scar as retools of them, but honestly I could see it happening.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  15. TheSuperion

TheSuperion Am...were...Aerialbots

Well that, and apparently we came one short of the total number of Selects releases we were supposed to get, which made people speculate that Crosshairs might have been moved to a general release. Which would mean either Spinster was original intended to be the only new deluxe in wave 5 (which is admittedly in line with the last two sublines), or he was moved forward from Earthrise.

• Like Like x 2
  16. barry

barry Like a Kind of Matador

News Credits:
    Cheers! The right sort of clarification and correction.

• Like Like x 2
  17. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Along with @Jtprime17 detective work, we know siege was designed as 4 waves and we know it got extended. We know astrotrain is getting repacked in earthrise wave 1. Astrotrains extra bits also become a small mini base which is more consistent with earthrise than siege.

a lot of it is logical deduction reinforced by things that we do know.

• Like Like x 6
  18. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I really do need to see that shuttle mode for myself so that I can conceive if I'd ever put it alongside say Scorpi's base mode. And also whether or not I'd then need another Astrotrain! Cos I think I'll be all about the train tbh....

Though I've been wrong before. Barricade looks much better in bot mode when I thought I'd be all about the car.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Capperclawed

Capperclawed ~~ Head-ON! ~~

Not sure if i agree with the sound chip gimmick, but we see eye to eye in regards to not wanting it to transform. I just think any type of transformation would either mainly be the egg turning inside out in some way and result in a very underwhelming alt mode and transformation, or the transformation compromises the faces in some way and the 'bot' mode winds up suffering. Just give us a good ass action figure.

Thanks for the side by side! Man Spaceface looks good in a cartoon deco, the standard release with all the grey wasn't bad at all, it fit him in a different way, but man he just looks so good in those deep gunmetals.

Unrelated, but oh man it upsets me seeing how much shorter that current leader is compared to the previous incarnation who's a voyager. yadda yadda plastic quality articulation has a tender yadda yadda, but man i just miss big figures who aren't commander class.

You're not wrong with calling it PW articulation, compare him to someone like Siege Prime and he gets outclassed in a lot of his movements, but i think we should cut Apeface a little slack, he's got a lot going on. He isn't the most articulated, but he also has a decently articulated beast mode which eats up budget, AND a jet mode, AND he has a very well painted headmaster. Snapdragons gonna have very similar bot mode articulation, its just the nature of being a triple changer with a beast mode and a head master. Maybe a waist swivel but i only see that showing up if its a transformation joint. He does as much as Siege Prime, just not everything is in the robot mode articulation department

• Like Like x 2
  20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Pity Apeface doesn't look as good as a Prime Wars toy :(  He suffers a lot from being covered in silver blotches. Hopefully Snapdragon is spared the same fate.