new dvd out in u.k

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by craftsmith, Jul 13, 2014.

1. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
  2. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
  3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I just spotted it while I was out in Great Yarmouth Asda.

I'd rather just have a full series boxset.

4. OmNom

OmNom That's the monster's name

It might be taking forever but we are at least getting uk region 2 releses of Prime. Hopefully the rest of season 2 (and then 3) will follow, but I can't find any prerelease info or schedule anywhere.

Why does the UK get such twatty releases? Remember the Unicron trilogy nonsense? And Animated is hardly represented on retail DVD either.

5. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Perhaps. But I just don't feel justified paying out for individual releases over several years when a boxset would be more compact and in the long run cost less than the somewhat scattershot releases we often get. Not to mention the individual releases often never get completed as demand for them dries up (as in sales drop) or they just get replaced by the next set of wonky releases by whatever new TF show is the current thing and the cycle starts all over again. There's something highly annoying about diligently collecting the individual releases for ages and then they just stop before the full run of episodes has come out.

Offer me a boxset straight out of the gate and I'll hand over my cash right away. Part a series out in small chunks of four or five episodes at a time and you'll get nothing from me. It ends up for me as if the shows haven't been released at all.
    If they want to release single discs alongside a boxset for the kiddies they can do that too. At least give the choice/option of a boxset.

6. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The problem with the UK DVDs is you pretty much know you'll never get the full series so it seems a waste of money buying any of them. Then that leads to poor sales and the company are less likely to release the whole series.
    Of course if they just released proper season box sets it wouldn't be an issue, rather than drawing it out for years with five or six episodes on each release every four months.
    The Prime toys aren't even out anymore except peg warmers so are many kids going to still be interested in having these DVDs?

I'll wait till season 2 volume 1 is down to £6 on Amazon then get it and the last season one DVD I still don't have.

7. Reask

Reask Predacon

Didn't season 2 of Prime air years ago?! Why are we still getting slow releases like this in the UK? UK DVDs of cartoons are an after thought these days. Ever seen Beast Wars on DVD over here? They did a horrible job of it, two lousy volumes starting with the Agenda trilogy and ending with Proving Grounds. And they botched Armada too.

We've got all of G1, the Takara Trilogy, Beast Machines and RID, but that's about it. Still, might as well buy each slow Transformers Prime DVD release seen as I've got no other option of rewatching them. Don't know why season 2 isn't on iTunes yet when season 1 has been on it for years.

BTW I was editing the tfwiki page of Transformers Prime DVDs to add the new volumes in but I don't know how to upload images onto the site still.

8. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    What the hell is wrong with the people making these CGI renders?

9. OmNom

Whilst slow, at least the Prime series has been released in order, and not in some hodge-podge best of/randomness. I won't hold my breath for any Region 2 box sets, and I've no doubt I'll eventually have to get a US/AUS/JP version of season 3 (Why the hell is Oz getting it and not us?).

I am surprised that there has been a region 2 one off release of Predacons Rising.

What I really want of course, is this, and the other series, on blu-ray. As if.

Also regarding the price - there are two versions, a deluxe with random crap and a straight up dvd. 7 epsiodes (over 2.5 hours) for about £7 isn't that bad.

10. rodster6

Ebay:
    I'm still frustrated we never got all of season 3 of Animated to complete the collection.

We got over half of Armada so I guess that's not too bad. Can live without Energon and Cybertron. Real crime we never got Beast Wars though. Then they wonder why people import DVDs from America rather than buying UK. Luckily it's easy to find the codes online to make your DVD players multi-regional. For some reason I like collecting the Uk releases though. Nice to feel like something is a bit exclusive to us.

11. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:

Entirely absolutely!

It's a bit like Hasblo made a product and cant be bothered to sell it. Whats so friggin hard about producing DVD bosets that we want, rather than this drivel. End rant.

12. OmNom

Incidentally, if any if you have an HMV locally, you can pick up Prime season one dvds (vol 1-4, but not 5) fir a fiver each, which is about the same as amazon, possibly cheaper if you consider postage costs.

13. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Or check out your local DVD secondhand/discount store. Thinking of this thread the other day I bought the first two TFP DVDs for £1.50 and £2 respectively from That's Entertainment. Or browse some car boot sales.

14. rodster6

Ebay:
    I just won Season 2 volume 1 in a competition in the TFUK comic :) 

15. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I saw this in Asda for like one day, and then the next day all the copies were gone and they've not had any in since. So... I guess people like extra goodies with their TFP? :inquisiti 
    Nicely done.

But then there are probably only about three people left buying the comic and two of them couldn't be bothered to enter the competition, so you had the odds in your favour. :p 

Was it just the DVD on its own or did it have all the extra incentive gubbins?

16. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Woolworths??????????????

Why do we get shitty releases of DVDs? I was in Morrisons and the was a season 1 DVD, looked on the back and there were only 6 episodes. How many should I have to buy just to get a full series?!?!?

17. rodster6

Ebay:
    So far it's five disks a season! Think it's been two years now just to get season one completed. No chance we'll get season 3 :( 

It was the special edition disk with the little toy and trading cards, not that I have any interest in those extras but not complaining getting it for free!
    It was funny, there was no letter included saying I had won a competition. It just appeared in the post today and I had to guess where it came from.

18. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    All of them. :p 
    I had the exact same thing when I won a complete set of X-Files DVDs from a movie magazine. That was a real head-scratcher as I'd entered the competition about a year earlier and forgotten about it and the prize had been for a set of DVDs for a completely different show.

I thought I'd just gotten someone's online shopping order by mistake until I remembered the competition. I emailed the magazine and they confirmed the DVD were indeed my prize. They offered no explanation why the show sent was a different one though. Still, can't ever go wrong with free DVDs. I think I just turned around and sold the sealed sets to an X-Files fan pal. :) 

19. rodster6

Ebay:
    I still have a MIB Leader Megatron from the 2007 movie that I won from the TFUK comic back in 07 or 08 too.

20. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've pretty much given up looking for Region 2 box sets of any series. I used to wait years waiting for a Region 2 box set, only to realise it was never going to happen.

Why don't they just Region 0 these things like they do with some movies? I guess it's a good thing we've got multi-region DVD players.