new design of FT-02 G1 cartoon soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. levyshahar

levyshahar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope

2. Delta One

Delta One Banned

Didn't they say that they were going to make a voyager acoustic wave to go with the Voyager quakewave or am I just imagining things ?

3. 70s80scollector

70s80scollector Well-Known Member

don't we already have mp-13 soundwave that has all of this and more? how would this be better?

4. dinordi

dinordi scale nazi

Stuh.. stuh.. stayin alive.. stayin alive

5. Impactor1106

Impactor1106 WRECKER

News Credits:
    I thought I read the same thing somewhere also, really hope so!!!

6. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    This was introduced (in prototype form) before MP-13 Soundwave even showed up on the map. Not surprisingly, FansToys scrapped this release once MP Soundwave became a reality and moved on to Quakewave (not-Shockwave) instead.

How would this be better? Well, if FT releases this mold at a Voyager size point, I'd pick it up to display next to ToyWorld TW-01 Hegemon and possibly the iGear F-22 Starburst Seeker mold(s), alongside FT's possible Voyager-downsized Quakewave for better Classics scale.

7. c14dog

c14dog Member

I think in the quakewave thread, it was said that there were no current plans to release this figure in voyager size due to complications with scaling down the cassettes. Hopefully they've found a way around this though.

8. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Honestly, FansToys design did have some better features. For one, the hands and hips, and I don't think there'd be any gimmick to "eject" cassettes so the battery weapons are probably stored inside the cassette deck instead of on the backside. And any questions of FansToys quality should've been answered with Quakewave's release.

I still think that this mold could be released as MP-Soundblaster and get sales.
    Especially if they did a limited quantity release without actually setting a production number. You make people think that they're only going to get one shot at buying him and he'd sell.

9. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    All appearances indicate that this version came first, & HasTak scrambled (or already had an unannounced prototype in the works) to make the MP version as a response. Based on the timing, it seems MP Soundwave was released to punish FansToys for daring to make a MP-styled toy the entire fandom was screaming for decades for.

Also note how Laserbeak's "back-pack" was integrated into the cassette transformation in both. This one was seen first, indicating HasTak copied the concept.

This version was cancelled as soon as the official one was announced.

tl; dr, It looks like HasTak released MP Soundwave to try to bankrupt FansToys for their infringement.

Obviously, Quakewave means they failed. Surprised we haven't seen or heard about a MP Shocky, yet.

10. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I really, really don't think Takara threw anything together in a hurry to punish FansToys with the exception, perhaps, of a promotional image. Takara had an MP-Soundwave already in the works [probably as long as FansToys] and just went ahead and released information to quell the hype over FansToys efforts.

If Takara could just throw an MP-figure together, they'd've already stomped all Third Party efforts by releasing their own Official MP-Predaking. Crushing the efforts and investments of what, four third party companies at once.

The best Hasbro can do is release a G1 Reissue and that's not really accomplishing anything.

11. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Hence the "(or already had an unannounced prototype in the works)". I still think they probably did copy Laserbeak being completely self-contained, though. From the pics I've seen, both are insane.

12. DoubleYouTeeEff

DoubleYouTeeEff Well-Known Member

They don't need to scale down the cassettes. Just look at G1 Soundwave. He's voyager and has the same size tape as MP Soundwave.

13. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Yes, but you started with "scrambled". As for Laserbeak doubt , I doubt it.

Again, though, if Takara were capable of simply rushing something through production at those speeds, there are countless figures that would've been released by now.

It's a lot like arguing that MP-11S was created simply to steal sales from iGear.

14. c14dog

c14dog Member

15. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    G1 Soundwave also had a pretty fat/wide torso, with relatively stumpy proportions as a result (Device Label Broadblast suffers from this as well and he can fit tapes inside his chest cavity and is Voyager-ish size). Personally, I don't mind if a downsized Acoustic Wave is unable to interact with G1 or MP cassette tapes, as long as he looks good with solid articulation/engineering.

16. Optimus Rhyme

Optimus Rhyme Auto Pot

Ebay:
    I don;t think they can just throw an MP together but they MUST have 10 figures or so in the pipeline that they can draw on and rearrange as far as release dates go.

17. Rob3880

Rob3880 Well-Known Member

I still can't look at pics of FT's Soundwave without feeling a little sad. I love MP Soundwave, but love the look of this one too... I would gladly have both if it were possible. I think this one fits a different niche.

18. rcho

rcho Well-Known Member

Since there is an MP size I wonder how would this be if it was an Voyager class?

19. Toonimator

Toonimator Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea... I'd love a decent Classics-ready Soundwave besides the video game offerings.

20. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    meh. move on to blaster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.