new design of FT-02 G1 cartoon soundwave

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by dalianjj, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    I wonder how much of the want is simply due to the price slated for this particular version. I mean, I want both to come about... And will gladly buy both. I personally like to more G1 toy look to Laserbeak offered here and I suspect that Ravage won't look nearly as goofy as the Takara version.

But that's just me.

Plus I like all the extra little details this version includes. And since the Takara version appears to be Silver on Blue, I think I'm alright now with this one being White on Blue.

2. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like this one for the details and laserbeak. Plus the price speculation

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Rosso Corsa

I was reading last week that FT ran into some issues, but that it wasn't officially scrapped....whatever that means.

4. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I just think it would be cool to have both a cartoon soundwave and regular soundwave

5. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

It's nothing to do with price as far as I'm concerned, I think the Fans Toys one looks much better.

I wouldn't buy the Takara one even if it meant having no Soundwave in my collection.

6. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Okay, I know you're a huge G1 fan, so I don't understand what about MP-13 puts you off so much? I think it's absolutely amazing.

7. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    It can't be the price, considering no matter which you're talking about, the Hasbro release will be cheapest of all*.

*Excluding those contries where even Hasbro's is pricy.

8. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Cheapest? Oh, because the Hasbro release won't have all the stuff that the Takara version has. :lol 

9. TheGame2K5

TheGame2K5 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yeah I feel real cheated by the Hasbro release of MP Grimlock. Totally should have spent the extra money to get an apron and tray. The only Hasbro releases that get changed drastically are the bots that come without trailers. I honestly could care less about a trailer thats just going to be hidden in the back of my collection somewhere. Im guessing the Takara Soundwave will come with some extra pieces like energon cubes or something related to one episode as a neat bonus that the Hasbro release wont get. I cant see them making Soundwave without Laserbeak or anything drastic.

10. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

I don't think the design is very good in comparison to the Fans Toys one which looks perfect....I would sooner go without than accept second best.

11. daimchoc

daimchoc TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Who knows? You might change your mind once you've seen the Official one up close.

12. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

MP Starscream had a different deco, but many people liked that better. Now, MP Rodimus...not only did he lack a trailer, but his deco was nowhere near as awesome as the Takara version. The original Hasbro MP Optimus Prime has shortened smokestacks. So...Hasbro versions aren't always the better deal. But in cases such as MP08 & MP10, it appears to be...even though I did end up getting a Takara MP08...I thought it looked better.

13. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Even if this gets a Hasbro release in the UK via TRU I wouldn't give it a second glance, let alone consider buying it.

I think the top half of the figure is OK but the legs and feet are what kill the look of it for me. Even G1 Soundwave didn't have leg kibble and the feet look like they've been stolen from another toy.

I think the Laserbeak/Buzzsaw mold looks really good but Ravage and Rumble/Frenzy are mediocre and I'm not really bothered about the Energon cube gimmick either.

14. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    This. The only differences for Soundwave are probably a slightly lighter or darker blue used, probably off-white as well, & perhaps a different Cassetticon. Soundwave & a Minion are all I really need. If Hasbro wanted to justify a $100 tag, which is still cheaper than Takara & FT, all they'd have to do is include another Cassette or 2.​

I was about to mention Starscream, actually... That's one I see Hasbro definitely being the better version, & a better bargain.

Hasbro would be ******ed to release Soundwave w/o at least 1 Cassetticon.

15. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Um HELLO!:throw . What's the word!?

16. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    You haven't heard?

BaBaBaBIRDBIRDBIRD, BIRD is the word.

17. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

...Where's the "like" button when ya need it? XD

18. Deadsnott

Deadsnott Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Haha I was tempted but I thought I was too much of a newbie to try this joke lol

19. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Odds are this thing is done.

20. Billzilla

Billzilla Skepticon

News Credits:
    On one hand I agree with you, for the most part Hasbro MPs are a significantly better value.

On the other hand I see it as sort of an early bird tax. There are some figures where it's worth it (to me) to actually get to enjoy the thing a year or so earlier.

For well made MPs it really doesn't bother me. Rather than spend a year wondering "when will it come out? will it come out at all? what will it be like? what (if anything) will be missing? How much will it be? Will I ever see one at retail?" you can pay extra and have that much less stress in your life.

Assuming of course you have the funds to make such a purchase with a relatively low level of stress involved. If such a purchase is a financial hardship to you, waiting may be the less stressful route.

Now obviously I'm not saying just go preorder every Takara MP willy-nilly because you hate to wait. But if it's a figure that looks awesome, is well-reviewed and you can afford it, why torture yourself with a thought like "a cheaper one might come out later"? If I see a soundwave video and go "WOH BITCHIN," I'm'a buy that mofo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.