New Deadpool Game By High Moon Studios

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by iwasherenotyou, Jul 2, 2012.

1. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Just let it go, walk. The game is close to release, and while I'm not a fan of the direction they went with for this game , let the people who are buying it have their fun and discuss it in peace.

We can muck it up afterwards :drunk 

2. Walktehdinosaur

Walktehdinosaur Cocktalk

News Credits:
    Okay.

3. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
  4. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    IGN gave it a 6/10. Picking this up after work.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks cool, but it seems like a $20 Wal-Mart bin game purchase for me.

6. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Looking forward to playing this at some point. Might just wait for it to show up at Red Box and rent for a weekend.

7. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Yeeeaaaaah this game ain't got shit to do with Deadpool except for the costume and the name.

To me this isn't "Deadpool: THE GAME" but more "This is how internet hipsters who never read a comic book in their life, let alone a Deadpool comicbook see Deadpool based on few out of contex images: THE GAME."

If you're a true Deadpool fan you're not going to get much enjoyment out of it. If you're one of those that thinks that Deadpool is just some funny meme sprouting perverted 4thwall breaking Looney Tunes character you might get some enjoyment out of the jokes and gameplay.

8. SuperboyPrime

SuperboyPrime Well-Known Member

You probably know more about Deadpool then I do, so could you answer me this question:

If Deadpool could make himself the star of a game, like he does here, would he really show anything else besides action and jokes?

That's how I justify his portrayal in the game, at least. Makes it a little bit easier to accept.

9. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Doom is best pony Veteran

I've been enjoying it. Mindless hack/slash mixed with Deadpool's commentary is well worth the $50 bucks. I wish the delvs could have put a bit more polish on the free-flow combat system. Sometimes timing could be way off.

10. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

Probably, I mean Deadpool isn't just some goofy psychopath that makes jokes every minute of every day of his life. Like I said in a previous post, Deadpool can be a very dark and depressing character in the comics, and I would have hoped that the game would have gone into this more.

11. SuperboyPrime

You could be right. I don't know much about Deadpool, so I don't really know about that dark and depressing side of his. But I think for a guy, who makes jokes to hide his insecurities, to make a game where none of that dark and depressing side can be seen, is pretty much in character.

Then again, I could be wrong.

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Grammar, buddy. You failed to separate your dependent clause with a comma, so I don't understand what you are trying to tell Haloid about reading comprehension.

Anyway, I forgot that this was made by High Moon. I'd be interested in seeing how it does.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  13. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    No that's Spiderman, the humor in Deadpool was always there to balance out the much darker aspects of the character.

If Deadpool created a game it would probably be about him killing babies and using their heads as bombs or some other fucked up shit.

Deadpool is not a "lol so random toiler humor" guy. Unfortunately the game was written by Daniel Way who is by far the worst Deadpool writer because he decided to do away with all those dark and depressing parts of the character that made him stand out and just focus on the lol so random bits.

Want to see true Deadpool? Read the Joe Kelly's Deadpool run. That's Deadpool at his apsolute best and the gold standar by which every Deadpool story and writing is measured.

The way Way writes Deadpool is comepletly different character that is nothing more than a more violent and gory Spiderman with more sexual humor, and I hate that.

14. SuperboyPrime

Thanks for the tip. I will definitly take a look at his comic run.

15. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    This is a really nice articulate way I view the game, and my disappointment. Deadpool went from a day one purchase on announcement, to instant pass after I saw the first trailer.

I used to really enjoy Deadpool but the way he's sort of blown up on the internet in the past few years and how he has lost what made him a stand out and now become sort of parody of a parody, has really made me hate the character. I've let go of my weird aggressive about the game and I'm glad people are enjoying it because I'll always have the Joe Kelly run of Deadpool books.

16. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cool, I'll pick this game up when it hits the $20 mark. Should be around christmas I expect.

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Just finished the first level. It's so stupid, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

18. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    I love the build up to the point where Deadpool discovers that Weasel and blind Al were meeting. It all seemed so funny and bizarre, a bit cruel but kinda harmless, but then DP introduces us to the box, brrr. I still get shivers remembering the scene where he teleports in and Al begs him for forgiveness and Mercy.

19. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

I didn't even know Domino and Wolverine were in this game till I saw the cover.

20. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

To be honest, they pretty much aren't. Rogue and Cable end up more fleshed out, and Psylocke's...just there?

As for the game, this was bad and I really wonder if it'd be getting looked at as much if it featured someone original instead of a well known and well loved character.