New DC SuperHeroes Waves

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rod, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Oh man, that's a great BAF!

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn I'm getting all of wave three!

3. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Hal Jordan FTW!

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Oh, very nice! :thumb 

Thanks for the heads up!

5. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

That was actually announced quite awhile ago, don't know why Fwoosh has it frontpaged now....

We should all join hands and pray that Nightwing is a NEW figure, or at least got a haircut and some elbows.

6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Confirmed that both Robin and Nightwing are all new 4H molds. The previous versions from the original comic Batman line were done inhouse by Mattel, not the 4H.

Pray Nightwing is in his modern costume and not the disco version. I also want Robin in his new attire.

7. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    now the question is, with BAFs, are they also going to start with variants and completely rip off MLs? Nightwing can be Jason Todd. Sinestro can be either his Sinestro Corps uniform or original GL outfit.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Actually, variants for waves 1 and 2 had already been announced as well as the BAFs for waves 1 and 2.

Wave 1 variants are Classic Red Tornado & Penguin w/Robotic Penguin. And wave 2 variants are Classic Firestorm, Red Superman (though he's supposedly been stated to be evenly packaged w/Blue Superman) & Modern Aquaman.

The BAFs announced (which you probably already heard) were Metamorpho (wave 1) and Gorilla Grodd (wave 2).

Yeah, they've completly started ripping off MLs, but if it makes these guys better than I'm all for it.

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

News Credits:
    No, wht would make them better is better distrobution. Actually finding these things makes it easier for people to buy them. Target hasn't gotten new ones since the second wave, first Superman wave. Walmart only gets a new box once a year otherwise it's all Bizarro and Superman. TRU is the only place that gets even a remote amount.

10. Laser_Optimus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    That's probably because they don't really sell anywhere else for the most part. I can tell you that outside of the ones I buy myself that the Target I work at (and I work as a night stocker) never sells them. And than when we do do the reorders Mattel doesn't know which box the distribution center is shipping to the store and you could end up with first or second wave stuff when you just had the newest stuff on the shelf.

Though, that's not entirely fair, because right before Mattel started deciding to cancel certain assortments we were receiving a new case about once a week or two since the beginning of this year. However, at some point they decided to stopped certain case assortments and send them to the close out stores. Which is part of the problem.

From what I'm hearing a lot of those kinks have been worked out now and we shouldn't see those problems with DC Classics... hopefully.