New Crystal Rumble & Buzzsaw

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by toycitys, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Actually, they sets are being made in 50 Clear Frenzy/Laserbeak and 50 Rumble/Buzzsaw. All of them but a handful are spoken for. you may see 10 sets tops on ebay.

2. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Wow, glad I nabbed mine :D 

3. CANNABIS PRIME

CANNABIS PRIME Vagabond

News Credits:
    pm'd

4. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Hey everyone, I got a ton of PM's on these things so I will answer them all here. I will try to get as many as I can of every item, when I find the number that I can get, I will PM you with the email of the guy that gets them for me. I don't want to be the go between for these items, I usually only have one or two extra after my friends get theirs. I will PM the first people that contacted me and they'll get those.

5. ricprime

ricprime Banned

VERY CONFUSING??? :huh

6. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Pretty snazzy.

I only wish, that would be sweet.

7. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    ...got outbid @ $100 bastards

8. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    i'm getting 2 sets of the clear cassettes :)  i can't wait

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Lucky Bastage! :p  *jealous as hell*

-Andy

10. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    after seeing all these people are getting them I wouldnt pay more than $50 Thanks for the 2nd chance offer but no thanks!

11. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Over $100 for those... that's insane.

12. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

I just won a Cobalt Sentry set off of ebay for $52 (shipping included). I wouldn't spend that much for these clear knock-offs, but they are still neat.

Here's an idea. Why not grab these clear guys, and paint them with transparent paint (and of course reapply the stickers). So, for those of you that would like them colored, this would be an easy trick.

13. Shadow Convoy

Shadow Convoy Stealth Ops Commander

Ebay:
    i'm not paying over 50 so i'm happy

14. rocky_star117

rocky_star117 Well-Known Member

So how can purchased this cassette.

15. bigmak

bigmak Member

Sigh..I would like to introduce myself as the guy that paid way to much for those cassettes :) . I would also add that I didnt know they were so mass produced and recently...but thats not an excuse..I wanted them so I got them :) 
    When I was young, I could never find any transformers..the hunt was on in the US, and as soon as they would hit the shelves, they would be gone. I remember one day I got a Bradlees ad in the mail..and on Sunday they would have all of these transformers. In my mind I picked out prowl already..he was mine and he was in the ad (I have been saving the money up for afew months to get one). We left after church to get him and the store had just been opened afew hours. Everything was GONE..the people that worked there looked like they had been thru a war. The same ad I had in my hands were all over the floor in the toy section. It's quite funny looking back at it now..seeing all the non transformer boxes turned around (I could picture myself doing the same thing looking for any straggler transformers that could be hideing behind boxes of lego's). As I was leaving the store I struck gold. They missed something!!! Towards the front of the store..where the books and mag's were...there was an endcap..totally out of place. FILLED with transformers cassettes. I was abit disappointed that I couldnt get any of the BIG transformers..but with 2 2-pac's..I was able to get 4 transformers..rumble, ravage, frenzy and laserbeak. Those were the only ones I had for a long time..but they were enough..I had tons of fun and plently of battles. I still cant remember what happened to them when I got older...my thoughts go back to a huge toybox that was donated to a family at my mothers work..but they could just as easily been buried in a sandbox and forgotten when I moved.
    Fast forward..I'm not sure how many years...and I'm an adult (that was quick!). I look around the internet and for some strange reason I type in transformers..and that was it..end of story.
    So what to collect ?? :)  Well of course all the G1's..I WAS thinking..til I really started looking..good lord...look at all of them..look at the prices...G1 went on alot longer then I thought. So instead of G1..I wanted to focus my collection..and I naturally progressed to what I had fun with..the cassettes. Afew years later..and I'm still collecting..and enjoying them. I've had afew roadbumps (when I found out about the microman cassette giftset (DOH I'm a completist (sp?))..but somehow I was able to get that at a good price (YEAA!). But the condensed version is..I luv cassettes..and cassette stuff..and I'm having fun.
    When I saw the clear cassettes on ebay, I just about flipped out. They reminded me so much of the clear soundwave that Transformers the Moon has. I knew how rare that was..and I couldnt be sure how rare these cassettes were. But the truth is..I wanted to have them so I bidded high. What was my max ?? hehe you dont want to know. Do I feel abit silly paying so much for them ? yes, when I saw this thread and found out that alot are being made...but I would still do it again with what I knew at the time :) . And I'm happy that I got them.
    -Eric

16. bigmak

bigmak Member

Wow..LONG post..srry :) 

17. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    No need to appologise dood. You knew what you were willing to pay, and there was VERY little info out there when that auction hit. The bottom line is that they will end up making YOU happy. The fact that I am paying less is completely irrelevant. I recently picked up Trizer...the last of the Japanese heads I needed....and I overpaid, in fact it was offered to someone else for $50 cheaper...but I really don't care. I wanted it and it now fills a hole in my collection. Once I find Noizu, the last main-line TF I need I will undoubtably overpay for that as well...

Enjoy your purchase :D  Don't ever dwell on what others paid. Collecting is like the stock market...sometimes you win big and get a great deal...other times, not so much. Besides it never would have hit that mark if someone else wasn't willing to pay that kind of $$$ too :) 

18. Mike

Mike Banned

Ebay:
    not worth anymore then 2 dollars.. no thanks

19. Dragonclaw

News Credits:
    I gotta disagree there...it's not like it's a cheap knockoff. From all reports these are VERY well made. I'd compare it more to the WST Snarl, smokey WSTF seekers and Primes, as more of a "Garage Kit" type of collectible. It's not like Hasbro or Takara are going to put out clear versions so this is an opportunity to purchase an oddity :)  And certainly a better one than the garbage Rabid Squirrel/JD Productions was trying to pawn off....

20. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, I might pay $10 max for them...they're a neat novelty, but nothing essential to completing a collection. That's just my opinion, though.