new classics!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I've met people who think both Powerglide and Cosmos are Gobots.
    Saddening.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it's basically the same mold except the transformation is different so I guess we could guess... yes.

3. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

No, apparently it's been confirmed over at the Club forums that it's an original mould.

It's a typo. It happens. Hardly worth drawing attention to it 3 pages later...

4. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    okay, just i prefer the old version :D 

5. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    my thoughts exactly I know thats what I'll be doing. Sigh they are like 10months out yet already planning on modding them, that tells you something.

6. Synical

Synical Well-Known Member

Like some people have said already, the ROOF is supposed to be the chest on Streaker, which it is now. The concept art was of Sideswipe's transformation, with the HOOD as the chest. Remember when everyone was bitching when Alt Sideswipe came out and had the roof as a chest? That's because that's what SUNSTREAKER was supposed to look. Now they get it right, and lo and behold, commence the bitching.

This place really grinds my gears sometimes.

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I said this on another board but it applies here as well.

I know we collect toys as our hobby but do we really have to act like children while doing so?

Now as far as not being able to see the pic, as much as I'd like to see it, I understand the reasons behind it. And while I cant see the pic, I do welcome the info that has been provided in this thread, that info being who the first 5 Classics 2.0 figures are going to be. I'm very much looking forward to the pics once they are availabe to the general public.

8. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Heh... yeah. Some of us are like that, though. Before a figure's even out, we're planning what we're gonna kitbash it into... :p 

9. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Heh! That was my first thought, too. If this toy isn't remolded into Punch/Counterpunch, I will personally run around the streets of Brussels stark-naked.

10. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    The concept with the front of the car as the chest had nostalgia while the actual figure with the roof as the chest doesn't?

I guess you have a different G1 Sunstreaker than I do.

:lol 

Gotta go fix that ... but cool name, don't you think?

Yep. Typo ... from someone from a non-english speaking country ... so I guess that se me debe perdonar que me equivoque de vez en cuando, no?

Indeed. It's also sad that when we see Hasbro properly researching G1 character attributes (such as Sunstreaker chest being the car roof and not the hood) there's so much bitching because Hasbro didn't do it wrong.

-airfox

11. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ***EDIT***

Knock it off please.

-TFW2005 Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  12. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Saw the pic, I think he looks kind of cool. He kind of reminds me of the Alternator mold a little bit, in particular the chest. I do have one question though that makes me scratch my head, why would the engine be placed on the roof of the car? That part of the alt mode doesn't make any sense to me. Other than that, I think the car looks pretty cool. I do get a Classics Mirage feel in the design though. Can't wait to see what Sideswipe will look like.

13. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I was just looking at him again, and, I know it's very unlikely, but, it almost looks like he could have rubber tires. I'm most likely wrong, but, it would be cool for the new Classics to have rubber tires on them.

14. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    The more I look at it, the clearer it becomes that the engines placement is blatantly wrong. I think it should be back to front as it is now with the big mass of black techy bits slotted under the Lambo's rear deck with just the vents being visible on top ala IDW Sunstreaker.

Also, anyone notice what appears to be the front number plate flipped up on the car mode?

*mad wish for 007 style car weapons*

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Powerglide! YAY!

16. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know something folks, I am completely FED UP with a bunch of whining, apparently BROKE, and or "I am entitled to everything, even when other people PAY for something, I, yes III should get it for FREE" mentality.

Wanna see exclusive pics before everyone else? Sign up and pay for the Club Membership!

Wanna get an exclusive toy each year? Sign up and pay for the Club Membership!

Wanna get a newsletter with even more exclusive pics and information? Sign up and pay for the Club Membership!

Want 50.00 off Botcon each year? FREAKING SIGN UP and ---PAY---- for the Club Membership!

If you cannot signup because you cannot afford it .... well, welcome to the Real Word. If you will not sign up because you think everyone should be entitled to everything, time to pack up your collector status and find a hobby that gives you everything for free.

End of story. Pay up or please for the sake of Primus, grow up and shut up.

17. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ***EDIT***

Please refrain from replying to comments like that and use the report bad post function.

-TFW2005 Staff

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2008
  18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Well, one of my friends decided to surprise me by showing me the pic on AIM (so much for deciding to wait) and I cannot believe that people are complaining about him!

The weapon placement in vehicle mode is obviously wrong, air intakes don't face backwards. I hope there's a way to mount that thing on sunstreakers back. It's obvious that it can mount on his chest (sideswipes back) but there's really not much of a point in that.

I love it, I don't see anything wrong with it. I'm sure he'd look a lot better in a different pose though. The one he's in isnt flattering at all.

19. Blastwave

Blastwave Well-Known Member

Powerglide and octane? I can't even comment or my TFW account will get deleted.

I like the other choices though, but I hope the rest of the Combaticons will follow (and soon).

20. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    This Sunstreaker design is quite cool. I love how they worked in Sideswipe without the need for a new mold.

Give sideswipe a new head, reverse his hands, pivot the waist 180 degrees and bam! The same mold now has a hood chest. I'll bet anything Sideswipe comes with reversed hands and that one extra step in the instructions to rotate the waist.