new classics!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Lumpy, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After taking another look at Sunstreaker, he looks ok, I'll get him prolly now. But I'm more excited for his remold of Sideswipe.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Finally news I care about!

Can't wait to buy doubles of all of them.

Yay Prowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Meh...not a member, they don't offer enough to make it worth my dollar. I'll find the image eventually though. They can't hide it forever.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only real problem with eletronics = the sounds.
    I'll NEVER try to transform Brawl again, NEVER!

5. Trentulas

Trentulas Has all kinds of dangerous needs.

News Credits:
    We're still shuffling things around as the formatting and scope changes. They should be back up soon.

-Trent

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    All you have to do is take the batteries out, then you won't have to worry about them going off when you don't want them to. It's also recomended that they be taken out before being put into storage, or even displayed for that matter. Personally, I wouldn't mind them having electronics, just as long as they don't get in the way of the design of the toy.

7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seriously, I really hate electronics!:redface2: 

8. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    I don't think Universe Sunstreaker's head can pass as Sideswipe's even with the "sides" closed. I'm guessing we'll get a new head for Sideswipe, and possibly new arms.

But if he did look like the concept, he'll look more like a yellow Sideswipe than Sunstreaker. I think what Hasbro did with the mold is genius, and await for pics of Sideswipe.

You can take the batteries out. :p 

-airfox

9. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Who said anything about money to spend? I had to sell my brand new iPod I got for X-mas just so I can experience the joys of moo-lah. Do you really think I can afford to throw money at TCC?

Naaah, Powerglide has never been a very good lover. :D 

10. Jedah

Jedah Bring me sunshine.. TFW2005 Supporter

Finally got to see the pic of Sunstreaker an i must say i cant wait for him to come out, his arms seem a lil skinny, but i can see past a few inperfections, sunny was always one of my favorite figures from g1.

11. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    It is a pain to read/scan (last night was at page 11) now page 17 all these new threads that most people are talking about how unfair not able to see the pic because they are not members...

I meant in term of out of subject matters, I think the MODs shall delete all those threads. because this thread is about the "new classic" , not complaints about "not able to see."

12. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

People need to chill about the concept pic shown at botcon.

This IS pretty much the same figure...except that his head, feet, hands and waist face the opposite way. The pic at botcon showed Sun and Side transformerd the same way. They are margely the same mold just transformed different. Kind of like what most fans did with the Sideswipe and Sunstreakers Vipers from Altenators.

If you like the concept image better just turn his respective parts around.

13. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Just had a chance to see the image.

I can't really say if I like it or not. I can say I don't hate it, I think it's his chest that hurts the figure most.

The head is also very Manzinger looking. Some things do seem mistransformers in the picture.

I do see the two small guns the had in the proto although he is only holding one. Also I have a feeling that black removable piece is something too.

All in all , bring on the classics.

Is they any chance that they mad and error and powergliude is the deluxe and Tankor is the Ultra?

Thanx
    Transbot90210

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Unfortunetly probably not, as we've been told before that Tankor (Octane) will be a Deluxe. Either way, Powerglide is definetly unexpected (or at least I think he is), though it is definetly nice to see another Mini-bot getting an update. I wouldn't be surprised if Warpath shows up at some point.

15. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

I can't believe people here can't find the pic on the net. It's easy as hell to find. Just have to do this one thing called "SEARCH".

Anyway, I saw it & I love it. It's Sunstreaker, it's a yellow Lamborghini that transforms into a yellow robot. I don't know what else you would want or expect. It fits in the same as all the other Classics (well most of them anyway), you can tell the character but it looks different than the original G1 toy. I'd be more worried about Onslaught. Sunstreaker looks like Sunstreaker, no worries, Onslaught on the other hand doesn't even resemble Onslaught.

I'm still trying to figure out why some of the Classics look like updated versions of the original toy while others like Onslaught are way out in left field.

If they finally make Wheeljack, Inferno & Trailbreaker (my favorites) I hope they don't change them too drastically.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actualy he does.
    Same colors, similar legs/head, back-cannons, the shield (probably based on the later version "Dolrailer") and shoulders.

17. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Head, possibly, but there shouldn't be a need for new arms. By the looks of it, they could just switch them at the shoulder, and then swap the doors back.

Although I'm sure I remember talk of 'Swipe having different weapons...

18. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Warpath would be awesome, I'm so happy to see more Classics :D 

19. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    So Tankor/Octane really is a deluxe then, I really don't understand why they revive a great concept like triple changers and then onlymake them as deluxes.
    The whole point of a triple changer is to have two vehicle modes, the bigger the toy the more parts & better engineering it can have and the better those modes can be. I just don't get it.

As for Sunstreaker, the intial reaction is that I thought I'd been had and that someone had posted a pic of a roadbot or KO but the look of what I saw tallies with what I read here earlier so I guess that must be it.

He looks a little off here and is defintely quite far removed from the concept art (I am hesitant to even see Octane now), the legs in particular made me sad. I was looking forward to seeing the concept's wheels-flat-behind-legs look brought to life and instead, as I said, it looks like a Roadbot.

Dissapointment shoved firmly aside (this is the real world and I should really get used to products never living up to concept art) It's not a bad toy and it really does look as though it Transforms in much the same way as an Alternator, which is impressive for a deluxe.
    The engine looks awful though, no two ways about that, tacky looking and in the wrong place. I actually hope it's positioned wrong in car mode.

Well that's two figures down and three to go, so far none have really made me want them quite like the animated toys do but we have yet to see Prowl.
    I hope he's cool because as much as I like animated prowl, police car TF's are just awesome.

20. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    do I have to be a member to see the image?