New Classics Prime/Megatron 2pack spotted?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Jan 23, 2016.

1. spawnofunicron

spawnofunicron Well-Known Member

This two pack is really neat, and a cool homage. I kinda want this set, but I already have Henkei Optimus, and Megatron so eh. :/

2. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I personally love it!. I was thinking at first.it was supposes to look like it disappeared kinda. Because the red sticks out on top as the go to color to look at. I think its brilliant and I own a MISB original and a loose in box original, of both OP & Megs, the Henkei! of both and the United Megatron I'm definitely into getting this (& I'm missing that damn Now & Then still grrr)

Damn that's the one retail copy of the mold I'm missing. Have any extras ? lop :/

I remember Hasbro just saying they had no.plans to release it at this time. Do you know a place where they.said different?
    I mean I guess now it obviously doesn't matter since they seem to re release it anyway right bro :) 

Hey no sh*t! I wonder if its a nod to this Megatron or vice versa hmmm

3. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    I think he meant THIS prime as single loose sale right now on eBay goes for $100 ;) 

"Join the rank of being a true Optimus Prime collector and get them.all " lol

No you may not. That mold is a floppy mess that doesnt hold togsther in truvk mode super well nor does the deco look good. Did you say you never bought that mold? If not stay clear UNLESS TakaraTomy is the deco you buy because theirs has tighter joints from what I hear & a suitable deco to make that shitty mold halfway decent;) 

4. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I wasn't aware that one of the original Micromen Megatron repaints was done like that. Suddenly now I wish Hasbro would make a special line that homages the Diaclone origins of the characters. Unlikely yeah but still.

5. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

We'll see. ;)  I am interested in getting AOE Leader Prime, an Animated Optimus and 10th Anniversary Optimus Primal (the latter two if I can find them for decent prices) at some point, but I do need to get me my last AOE Dinobot, some Wreckers, and the rest of the Aerialbots and Combaticons.

6. Kenchanayoh

Kenchanayoh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is going to expensive as hell. No platinum item comes cheap

7. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Platinum items exist to test the amount of your wallet Hasbro owns.

8. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

If this is at a decent price-point, I'll pick up a set. Otherwise, it's a pass.

9. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    I have plenty of the Prime already and one is plenty for the Megatron. It's gonna take a much better effort than this on molds that are 10 years old for my money.

10. MaskSeeker

MaskSeeker Well-Known Member

Okay all of those are great ideas. Why not add Scourge with Blurr and Kup; With new molded Targetmasters for all in one set. Possibly with Titanmaster Blurr for added G1 movie vibes. Unicron would be the hardest to really think of something outside the box with... Legends Bumblebee to burst out his optics...or what else to add for an already perfect retool? And a battle damaged Classics Prowl and TFPrime Ironhide release with a FoC ghost Starscream would be awesome. (Ghosts of the two autobots wouldn't feel as right as say war torn versions since they stayed dead. Plus Takara did the ghost version for CHUG so why not FoC in its place since we're talking about different molds.)

I'm hoping that Titanmaster Galvatron will be available for that G1 poster homage rather than the Energon version. Its an alright mold and I want the voyager version myself. Yet the new one just emits the Decipher the Decepticon poster vibe better. I'm guessing that Hasbro might get one over on Takara for better Springer redeco again. Perhaps they could put the Sandstorm retool scabbard pieces to proper use in that proposed version.

As for this upcoming platinum set I'm pretty hyped on this since I joined the fandom long after these molds were gone. So I guess enduring patience does pay off.
    Either way I'm kinda hoping that the translucent bits are experimenting prototypes for the final package only since it does effect the figure design by making it loose compared to other versions even if its been put to the test and won't break so far. Its happened before hasn't it? Though I will remark that its attempt at disappearing does a good job at capturing the G1 emulated build aside from the shoulders and part of the feet and chest/codpiece that MP captured perfectly. The Megatron recolor on the other hand is superb even if it has pieces that are given more decals than the cartoon which is fine by me since Hasbro had to work around for US Toy Safety laws. The red for his gun mode base/wings fits greatly for him.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    The Strongarm has been around for a while.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This particular color scheme is that of the TRU exclusive "Sonic Fire" redeco series.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Depends on the version really. I disagree about the deco; there's been absolutely no bad deco of the mold. As for the mold itself, the bot mode's solid and looks great. In terms of solidity I've had the most problems with both Scourge/Black Convoy versions. SG Magnus has a very slight pegging issue, SG Optimus is perfect, and the original RTS version is fine and solid as well in alt mode. The only problem with the original Hasbro version is the linger shoulder peg which Takara fixed for all subsequent versions. No version I've handled has had any loose parts either. Definitely not a shitty mold and way more than halfway decent.

13. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    And I am sure they will charge 150 bucks for this crap too....it IS a Platinum release after all....and that name costs a fortune!

14. signals3

signals3 Frightfully Important

News Credits:
    They shelf warm there, and we never even get them at all.

15. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Where?

16. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    So once again, Megatron's been Nerfed.

Okay, any hate I get for that joke is deserved. Let the anger begin.

17. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Considering he actually has much more silver this time, I'd say he got buffed ;) 

18. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Actually, Takara had the most silver.

19. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    What is this am I in 2007?

20. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Cue 'let's do the time warp' joke in 3...