New Classes In War For Cybertron 2

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by fatesmagic, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I remember an article saying WFC2 will have actual characters, not just the skins that look like the character.

2. middlebuzz25

middlebuzz25 vikings fan

Ebay:
    Helicopter and cycle classes were what i was thinking. I like the fast knife idea.tripchangers in campaign but not multiplayer.

3. fatesmagic

fatesmagic Tengen Toppa Megatron

Please God no. That's what ruined ROTF for me. Jazz and Grindor always dominating.

4. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    ^Jazz was annoying as shit, but easily countered by Long Haul. Grindor, though? He never seemed overpowered.

5. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope not I like having my own character, but I do wish they'd make it where you could modify the heads ( and other parts) maybe even make them interchangable between skins. I also would like Highmoon to make it where the names you name your characters show up over your head. But when shows in the corner who killed who and how it should still show your gamer tag.

6. Agentknife

Agentknife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I want the triplechanger class and I would like both copters & cycle classes. But I would be just as happy if Highmoon just added copters & cycles to the existing classes. I too love the knife idea.

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I say either have a proper customisation system or don't bother. Regardless of who you colour him, you're still playing as Optimus with a sore throat and that's annoying.

8. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I hear that, I get so tired of people using him. But I also always take Long Haul when I am one on one against Jazz. Fully charge your grenade launcher and he is as good as gone.

9. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    Gunship/cycle classes do seem logical, but how could you make them not OP?
    Maybe:
    Cycle abilities: Increased fire rate/reload time on current weapon (5-10 sec)
    Increased run speed (10 sec)
    EMP mine- like decoy trap, but sans disguise but more powerful effect
    Overdrive chip- makes nearby allies faster for 10 sec, increase your defense for 10 sec

Gunship abilities: Hologram- works like in Halo: Reach. Hologram travels in a straight line, stops at impassable objects, and dissapears after 10 sec
    Melee lunge- dive/boost forward and attack with melee weapon. An alternative to whirlwind. Not sure about this one.
    Tracking device- Deyployed on the ground, attaches to passing enemies. Tracks them like mark target but lasts indefinetly (until they die) while not affecting their health/ speed/ damage
    Valiant Defense- increases you and nearby allies health by 2 bars for 10 sec

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I want City Commander class or something. They would be the leaders of each team. They are the most powerful class in the game. I am uncertain how they would be picked. perhaps the the one with the best scores. They have less re spawns so if they die too quickly the enemy City Commander will easily take out the other classes.

Weapons are Fusion Cannon, Ion Blaster, Grenade launcher( long range Magma Frag Launcher. If used at close range they would kill themselves and everyone around it) and Null Ray.

Abilities are Chainsaw, (Gives them a powerful Chainsaw for Melee for short time) Flail spin, (they spin a flail similar to TF1 Megs around. Like whirlwind but easier to control) Rocket launcher (like DOTM Game Primes) and drain.

11. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I know. I think that you should be able to customise colours and such and choose the abilities, but have an option for 'original' so you have the skins' original colours.

12. Luka63

Luka63 Lukabot

Exactly what they did for the DOTM game, then.

I completely agree~

13. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

how about an aquatic class

decepticons:thunderblast, tidalwave, and maybe skybite?
    autobots:seaspray,broadside and depth charge
    weapons:trident?

14. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    The best way i could see them work in triplechangers (in terms of transformation) like blitzwing would be to split up the two modes. For example; you transform into a tank in strafe mode, hold the acceleration button/key and turn into a jet in constant acceleration. But when you go into stats and stuff, then it becomes a little bit hard to work it out.

15. Porkulus

Porkulus Too Many Hobbies

YouTube:
    Wouldn't that be difficult to work into maps? I mean, how do you explain water on cybertron? And furthermore, if the boats are limited only to water, it nullifies their usefulness in vehicle mode (as robot is the main mode for fighting). I've seen a lot of people suggest aquatic classes, but no one explains how it would work within the context of the game.

16. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

I hope not. I didn't like that in RotF and DotM. Seemed kinda stupid to have six Optimus Primes running around the map.

I hope they allow for more customization with the chassis(es?). Different heads, hands, torso-designs etc. we'll probably get that with that new MMO coming out hopefully.

17. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I agree. Being able to customise a transformer in a game must include the ability to swap body parts.

18. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I don't think new classes are needed, but I'd LOVE IT if they made it so that the "disguise" actually changed the chassis of the bot, too - not just the colors. THAT would be awesome.

19. Saurocon

Saurocon Uncle Samhain

As for water on Cybertron, I'd have a hard time explaining it, but the game already has plenty of analogous terrain. Whether the falling liquid on the various levels was water or energon really doesn't matter, some TF probably has an alt mode for navigating it.

Moreover, certain aquatic craft aren't limited to water; hovercraft and amphibious landing craft would make great alt modes for both solid and liquid terrain. Game-wise, their versatility could be countered by making them slower on land.

Overall, the biggest problem I see is how to get water classes and land classes to engage each other in effective or interesting ways. The best solution I can think of is to have land-based characters' weapons interact with aquatic environments a little differently than they do on land. More likely, turrets or some other environmental trigger could create some interesting boat vs. landlubber combat.

BTW, trident as melee weapon = GOLD! :}

20. Sideways77

Sideways77 useless lesbian

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree.

I'd think people your fighting would notice a red and white Slipstream and recognize her.