New Cartoon to be called "Transformers: Robots in Disguise"?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by G.B. Blackrock, Jun 12, 2014.

1. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    It's too bad they couldn't name it something other than the same name as a previous series. They could have even used More Than Meets The Eye.

2. ChibiGingi

ChibiGingi Calm Your Circuits, Red!

Not going to lie, saw the red dude in the screenshot and had felt some kind of explosive joy, then it was immediately sedated when I read the name in the article.

Given the rough month I've had, I may have allowed my Knock Out fangirlism to cloud my mind for a brief moment and forgot that not every red sports car = Knock Out. XD Oh well, Sideswipe's cool too, and Fixit is too damn cute for his own good.

So, minus my momentary 'I miss KO' goggles moment, I'm happy for some news on the new TV show. I've been lurking for the most part and skipping most AoE and RotDS news because I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade, but hurray, they haven't forgotten about it!

Looking forward to more at Botcon...

3. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

I hope they learned not to rely on sacrificial generics to make the Autobots look heroic. That was one of the things TF Prime did horriblly to the point of giving Energon a run for it's money

Also hope they somehow connect Sideswipe to his appearances in WFC/FOC since he IS an established character.

4. BWfan86

BWfan86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Robots in Disguise - really? Why not a more original name?

5. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Or the relatively recent Prime Robots in Disguise toyline...

6. Negativedark

Negativedark Stealth Gesalt

I see the picture and I'm reminded of Animated and Prime. I come to the thread and see the intial response... And I'm really reminded of when Animated and Prime were first announced.
    -Nice to see a largely new cast. Well other than Hasbro trying to make Bee the new Leader. God, he'd better actually talk this time.
    -Earth again. Well it's a Prime sequel. Apparently there are only two planets in the whole universe. Seriously everything seemed to have crashlanded on earth. At least in G1 they went to a few other planets.
    -Yeah, Fixit better not be anything but the minicon with that Transform scheme. On the upside, Minicons are back!
    -So Yellow Car with Door Wings and hood for chest, or Red car with Door wings or hood for chest? Damn the two almost make me think they could just do a retool for the toys.
    -Dinobot! Yes. I'd actually be happier if it wasn't Swoop, Grimlock or Slug, since they tend to be used more often. Give Sludge some damn love for a change!

7. BWfan86

News Credits:
    Wtf - how about a spoiler alett?

8. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Maybe Ultra Magnus goes on a quest with his own team of misfit Autobots, like Rodimus, Trailbreaker, and Whirl, and they go searching for a plot device. Or maybe it will be more original, chronicling the adventures of Bulkhead, Ultra Magnus, and Wheeljack as they meet up with other Wreckers. Actually, a merger of the two ideas, with the Prime Wreckers forming a crew and going along the plot of MTMTE (although I sadly don't read the comics, though I'd like to) would be interesting to me.

9. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    An Earth team, presumably in hiding, with a Dinobot in tow seems like a liability.

10. Transfan327

Transfan327 customizing amature

i'm excited

11. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    ^Ha that would be ironic! Imagine being an antithesis to the vain and prissy KO! Imagine the potential comedy gold right there!

12. DOTM Bumblebee

I think it was said earlier that Will Friedle will continue to voice Bumblebee. I don't think the CGI allowed them to afford more planets in TF:p , but with RID(2.0)'s Animated backgrounds, they might give us a few more locations to visit. I think (and really hope) that they'll use one of the new Dinobots, Slash and Scorn. We all know they won't have a great deal of development in the movie, so this will give them a chance for it. If one Dinobot is in it, though, I imagine the others will find cameos throughout the course of the series.

13. DOTM Bumblebee

Don't worry about Knock Out. I have every confidence that the old Transformers: Prime cast will guest star every now and then, similar to how Bumblebee and Optimus Prime guest star in Rescue Bots. Besides, Knock Out is far too popular not to show his smooth finish, should they chose to bring old faces in.

14. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Bombastic Dinobot....okay so Dinobots confirmed, already happy about that but which one could it be..

Maybe they'll put Scorn in his first animated series with this show :D 

15. Zress Tayasu

Zress Tayasu Axiom

"Arise, Bumblemus Prime"

16. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Reserving judgment, but I'm so glad we're going with 2D animation.

... man, even the Armada cartoon logo was more interesting than this.

17. ironscythe

ironscythe The Critic

News Credits:
    Transformers Animated was a love song to fans of the original series, full of references and guest appearances and famous voice actors. It was the Transformers version of Batman: The Brave and The Bold. It was everything adult fans needed to see to feel like Hasbro cared about them. It was taken from us before its time, and if this series gives us just one iota of what Animated gave us, then what you might say with disgust, I say with conviction: Transformers Animated II is upon us!

18. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

*Interest levels rising* Despite the somewhat Animated look to them and show title, I'm fully interested in this new series. (Loving Sideswipe's "hair")

19. Probe

Probe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a 3D show.

Or at least all the characters will be 3d over 2d backgrounds.

20. joespags15

joespags15 Well-Known Member

Animated was a terrific show, this I'm not sure about. It sounds like a big mess of previous shows. TF:Animated had the disfunctional team, every show had the setting be Earth, I'm wondering what the useless stupid human element will be in this show, I hated the kids in Prime at least Sari turned out to be an autobot in S3.