New Cars spoted on TF5 shooting set

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by StarGazer, Jun 6, 2016.

1. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I have a feeling this green truck transformer will be the clumsy con. Something like Tidalwave in Transformers: Energon.

2. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That one was called Hightower, not that any of the Constructicons' name were used in the movie apart from Rampage.

3. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lennox is Army and he was a Major in ROTF. As an Army officer after a certain amount of time you can resign your commission. The time line is dependant on how you became an officer (OCS, direct commission, ect). Given Lennox's some what shallow characterization I could see him as the kind of guy that started as an enlisted man, then got a four year degree and went green to gold. That right there give him about two years of service, then from Lieutenant to Major is another three(?).

There is also the possibility that he got discharged, medical most likely, and is helping the Autobots in a less active role.

4. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lol

I prefer the new back to the front, I can't get Lightning McQueen out of my head when I look at him from the front...

5. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Good spot! I though the exact same thing when I saw that photo you posted.

FNA_050616_0168.jpg | Editorial picture agency Felix Features

It definitely is the same outfit. So we have a convoy of Hound, Bee, and Cade followed by some Decepticons and vehicles that may or may not be random Decepticons.

6. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Yeahhh, that's definitely Cade in the convoy. My bad!

And the junkyard thing is interesting, too.

We can only assume that the beat-up old VW Decepticon was there in disguise and that's where the chase scene over the bridge begins.

The plot thickens!

7. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can see the confusion now, Robert Epps is a Chief Master Sergeant in the Air Force, they are stationed at Nellis Air Force Base, flew around in C-17 and V-22 Osprey, Air Force transport planes, called in air strikes from F-16's, F-22's and a B-1 bomber from the Air Force. For army rangers they sure spend a lot of time in and around Air Force stuff. The army has their own troops, bases, transport planes and tactical fighters why don't they use them?

It's very hard to go from enlisted to officer. I've only met one person who actually did it. Advancement from 01 to 03 is pretty much guaranteed for time in service but anything after that is debatable.

If Lennox was discharged it would be for medical reasons, meaning he was disable, why would a disable veteran want to hang out with a bunch of killer robots when he could be at home and enjoy being with his wife and child? What purpose would Lennox serve to the Autobots? He can't fight Decepticon any better then the Autobots, he can't repair the Autobots, and the Autobots don't need him to drive them around.

8. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Honor and duty leap to mind first and foremost. He knows the major players and has an in with the world governments so obviously he'd do anything he could to help the Autobots if it means SAVING THE WORLD.

And I really think people are being too quick to dismiss the possibility that he was stripped of rank (AGAIN, no less!) following the 3rd film and possibly even freed from Gitmo by the Autobots (hello, Cuba!), rendering the whole question of his retirement/discharge moot.

9. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    So Cade has his own custom adventuring truck, nice. Even if it's not a Cybertronian on screen this is the perfect chance to being back Human Alliance Hasbro!

10. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

Yes! That would be awesome!

11. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    On the junkyard topic. Am I the only one that thinks just maybe there might be another long thought dead Autobot hiding out in the junkyard and something happens that gives his location away and Bee, Hound and Cade (as he would have the knowhow) to help fix an Autobot in need, go there to try and help a friend? And maybe they are either met there or on the way by Cons?

12. dirtweed

News Credits:
    Great, but what COULD he do for the Autobots? Why would the Autobots want him around? What is it that he could do for them that no one else could? What could he do that Cade can't do? Cade is already the lead male hero in this movie why would they cast two people in the same role.

Are you trying to say that the US government would take a US citizen, a ranking military officer, the man that fought the Decepticons and hold him against his will in Guantanamo Bay without trial for an indeterminate amount of time and waterboard him like a enemy combative? Not only does that brake nearly ever constitution law we have but the press would have a field day.

13. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    I wonder if that's where they meet the girl (can't think of her name, did the snapchat the other day) and her little autobot friend that was rumoured?

14. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm gonna say the vw van is a twin combo of runabout and runamuck

15. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I have no idea how I got that wrong.

16. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    Marky Mark lookin' rough! Is Cade going undercover or something?

17. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    What I'm saying is that a rogue agent of the CIA who was willing to order the murder a teenage girl FAR MORE tangentially connected to Optimus than Lennox was probably wouldn't care ONE BIT whether or not Lennox was a US citizen, decorated serviceman or otherwise.

And who would have thought that some broke, single dad with a barn full of broken crap in Middle of Nowhere, TX could save Optimus Prime? If Cade can make himself useful then I'm sure Lennox still can too, lol.

18. dirtweed

News Credits:
    I'm really starting to loose grasp as to what you are saying.

A rouge CIA agent somehow gets Lennox to be incarcerated at Guantanamo Bay. The Autobots risk everything by attacking a large US military base to save one guy that may or may not want anything to do with them all because he knows some world leaders? And you got all this from a few photos of some cars driving around a corner

How about Lennox plays the same guy his always been. A career military man who follows the orders he is given. Which are: get rid of all the transformers on the planet. It's much more likely that Lennox will play a kind of bad guy in this movie opposite to Cade.

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Still better than him being a generic badass. At least he kind of had personality in AOE.

Still want to know where he's been between DOTM and TLK?

That'd be sweet.

Evil Skids and Mudflap please.

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Could not agree more. He was so boring in the first trilogy.