New BW 10th wave 2 in packaging pics and BIOs

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Nevermore, Jan 14, 2006.

1. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I know we've seen the official Hasbro pics before, and I seem to recall we also got transcriptions of the bios... But I think we haven't actually seen the back of the box for Rattrap and Predacon Tarantulus yet. ;) 

Photos by tffans.

Dinobot (seen before)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rattrap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Predacon Tarantulus

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Have they always had 2 languages on the packaging?

Anyway, it's good to see anything from the BWX line.

3. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Here's the BIOs BTW:

Dinobot
    A warrior to his core, DINOBOT lived only for honor won in combat. Disgusted by the greed and dishonesty of MEGATRON, and with a life-debt owed to the MAXIMAL leader, he joined OPTIMUS PRIMAL. Though DINOBOT was never fully trusted by some of the MAXIMALS, his strong honor code and philosophical nature led him always on the path to victory. He was one of many to fall in the BEAST WARS, sacrificing his life in a heroic battle against an overwhelming PREDACON attack.

Rattrap
    Getting stranded on a remote, empty world to serve as a spy and sneak-thief for OPTIMUS PRIMAL wasn’t high on his list of priorities for RATTRAP. Smart, sneaky and sarcastic, RATTRAP often rubs other MAXIMALS the wrong way. He’s never been to keen on lobbing artillery around like the others; a stand-up fight just isn’t his thing. Give him the chance to bust into a PREDACON base and snatch some juicy data though, and that’s when he really shines.

Tarantulus
    PREDACON TARANTULUS is the very soul of treachery. As a PREDACON spy, he had every intention of betraying and destroying MEGATRON when the time came, but now that he’s been stranded on this stinking, mudball planet his agenda and ambition have grown. Access to the alien technology of the mysterious Vok has given him a taste of true power, which he will stop at nothing to claim all as his own.

4. seven

seven RIP Poopers 4-1993/5-2008

SO Wave 1 gets the bigger Transmutate parts and a DVD and wave 2 gets small limbs and no DVD?

5. TGCLightGuard

TGCLightGuard Crazy Old Coot in progress...

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Actually, no. They will come with DVDs. These figures here might have been Lunch Specials and just not had them inserted.

Dinobot is supposed to come with "Code of Hero" on DVD. That I know for sure.

I think Nevermore knows which eps come with Tarantulus and Rattrap, maybe he can supply that...

6. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Hasbro's been doing their homework! :thumb 

7. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Yay! TM RatTrap!!!!!! I always wanted one of those!!!! He looks awesome.

8. Junior

Junior Wise Beyond My Years TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If there is a Series 2, I would like Hasbro to give us the parts to build a Stasis Pod or they could include smaller figures like the Vok & a BM Diagnostic drone.

9. mocrzy

mocrzy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I noticed it was "Predacon Tarantulus" and not simply Tarantulus. I can understand Hasbro needing to add Autobot to names like Jazz, Tracks, & Bumblebee...those are everyday words in the english language & pretty hard to put a trademark on, but Tarantulus....who got a hold of that one first that they needed to add Predacon before it to get the trademark?

10. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    So... does it look like anything has been remolded/changed on Rattrap? He looks just the same to me, but I don't have my original one handy at the moment.

11. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

Whats with the name change on the spider bot, lost the rights again I suppose.
    I needed a new Turantulus for a while, and now I get one

12. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I still dont know why the little arm and little leg are seperate parts... the little leg should have come with the lower body or packed with the little arm, that way the bigger leg could be on a ball joint and not glued to the body.

For clarification, Rattrap comes with a DVD for "A Better Mousetrap". Tarantulus gets "Spider's Game". They might be abscent from these since they seem to be for international release, other package pics with the DVDs are english only.

13. TJOmega

News Credits:
    Because the name Tarantulas is just the word tarantula but plural and pronounced differently. If someone trademarked the term Tarantula for a toy car or action figure, Hasbro would have to change the name to accomodate, evidentally the alternate spelling wasn't enough to keep them out of legal trouble. It seems to vary from company to company how much change needs to be in a toy's name before they'll allow it, Tarantulas got a lot of change to his name where as others like Sideswipe just had a space inserted.

Personally I want to see the mech Quickstrike rode in to control Optimal Optimus, I dont remember many other things they could do as put-together chase figures. If they reissue Quickstrike in a basics two-pack maybe he could ride in it when it's assembled.

14. Blackstar

Blackstar TFW2005 Supporter

I don't believe these are for the U.S. This could be an example of overseas packaging, thus the reason there is not a DVD included.

15. Dinobot Swoop

Dinobot Swoop TFW2005 Supporter

Actually no. All the ones I've seen to date have always had the English-only packaging. Mayhaps it's because these are the Canadian versions, which have to have both English and French on 'em. (Would be the most probable explination, since all of them seem to be missing the DVD.)

16. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  17. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would tend to agree with the Canadian release assumption.

18. TJOmega

News Credits:
  19. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    They went with TM Rattrap? I would have assumed that they would have gone with the original, but I guess they wanted to keep them all the same size class. It's pretty much a given that 'Code of the Hero' is gonna be the Dinobot episode. Anybody have a clue as to what Rattrap's and Tarantulus' eps would be? My guess for Rattrap would 'A Better Mousetrap' and Tarantulus would be 'The Web.'

20. jet convoy

jet convoy Beast Wars Forever!!!

Those are my guesses too. Or maybe with Rattrap they'll have an episode with his TM form so it fits better with the toy. If not "A Better Mousetrap" is perfect.