New Buzzworthy Bumblebee Sub-line figures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by denebian, Dec 17, 2020.

1. He11Toupe3

He11Toupe3 Somebody or Something

Oh, come on...*groping forehead*...this is getting ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde シン・ブリュンヒルド

News Credits:
    ... What's the point of this!?

3. Ninjanicktf

Ninjanicktf Mushroom Samba

I might get the Shatter and the movie 1-3 Bee, aside form that this is pretty meh.

Also why doesn't Charlie come with the VW Beetle bee? Wouldn't that make more sense than the classic camero bee?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

And to think, only 10 years ago we were joking about Takara doing a line of all Optimus Primes/Convoys with Robot Masters.

5. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They need to bury Shatter and those movie Bees right alongside all of those Atari ET cartridges....

• Like Like x 11
  6. Daimao

Daimao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its just a repack of this minus the add on parts, which is also why Bee is so plain since this version had stickers apilanwlm__34042.1550284510.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  7. 0ptimus__Prime

0ptimus__Prime Autobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ok... but why? Nobody asked for this. If anything just rerelease the Netflix Deluxe Bee and call it good. We literally have no need for these repacks. At the very least give us a movie accurate VW Bumblebee mold without the door wings instead of that plain Camaro...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Interesting mix of what's-what here - would have preferred even slight redecos to straight repacks, but I've already passed on most of these the first time around. Curious to see what else the subline offers.

9. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    this is one of the weirdest things they could've done....

• Like Like x 1
  10. tfgato

tfgato Felinecon

So this is what they do with all the unsold garbage.

• Like Like x 8
  11. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

It will likely remain unsold garbage.

• Like Like x 13
  12. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

And they mostly happen to be articulated statues of a mascot not many people are fond of.

At least the universe 1.0 reissues were re-releases of decent molds of different characters. And were much cheaper compared to their initial releases too.

Hmmm... It got me pondering.

13. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, this disappoints me in ways different from how I thought this line would disappoint me.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd have actually not minded that WWII Bee again if it has the fixes to it Hot Rod got - but I would have liked a different shade of green - same for the other Bumblebee's if they'd changed the shade of yellow to either a more orange or more light one - i'd have felt my time wasn't being quite so wasted by most of these.

The ironic thing is the other day I was beggin' for some bee's but -not Movie ones. What I was thinking was ; WFCT VW Beetle Bumblebee in white with Ghostbusters mods on him would be super nice (inspired by the 1980's Ghostbusters Videogame) and also thinking about how it being Prime time lately - it would have been super nice to have a Select Series Beast Hunters TV show style Bumblebee in Black with yellow stripes (the 1st Edition one or the RID - either is fine) and pack it with a Blue Beast Hunters Smokescreen.

I think mixing the colours up on the existing Movie moulds would have added some interst (as I often say accuracy be damned where it harms the overall look of the toy - fun is more important) One suggestion might have been to have gone with a desert yellow deco for WWII bee instead of the normal "accurate" green to tie to his yellow iconography.
    Likewise the 1960's tuned Bumblebee previously produced in black -made in yellow would have been rather nice to have, they could have slipped in a Jeep Cliffjumper perhaps (since he shares parts with the Cybertronian Cliffjumper) or even made a Cybertronian Bumblebee in Black. Or with a battlemask face & a shiny paint effect deco.

Or there is other things one can chuck at the wall and see if they stick like a Blue ROTF SS Soundwave or a Black DOTM SS Soundwave. Or make a Bumblebee Optimus in some random nonsense colour (Diaclone Blue would be nice). heck if we are randomly slapping the Bumblebee brand on things - Cassettes LOTS & LOTS of Cassettes would be way more exciting too. be they Data pad style repaints or actual G1 Cassettes or even WFCT style ones. There is plenty of missing characters to do in both styles. Also isn't Blaster getting a reissue - so give him some tapes already even if they come in a Bumblebee pack.

I guess they could even do really wacky things like Keychain minibot repaints in a gift set... or even nicely painted up tiny titan changers.

What we have presented here is something I will have to see a bit more on - it's not like they really tried terribly hard - (unless the carded product prove a bit more interesting)

• Like Like x 2
  15. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Zenryoku zenkai!

News Credits:
    Are people going to be this upset if this line is also a way to get reissues of SS Dropkick (car) and Blitzwing?

Or Netflix Bee? Because that seems like a good thing. And it's not like this is "taking spots" as people like to call it.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Scypris

Scypris Fire in another hole!

News Credits:
    Yeah I feel like the best opportunity to bring this line out was before Christmas so kids could get their favorite robot. Making this line feel really unnecessary.

Imo Bumblebee had the worst molds in studio series. The 77' Camaro being the best of the bunch. Unfortunately the one they are using for this line looks like ass.

17. JockerStudio

JockerStudio Mr.JK

If this is a spur line to re-release historical Bumblebee, I hope they re-release Prime and Netflix Bumblebee

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    And none of the VW mold because those actually sold

• Like Like x 10
  19. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    UGH. This is clearly some schmuck at Hasbro thinking that if Bumblebee is their "most popular" character with kids,
    they should dump a bunch of his old products on retailers in hopes that they can trick parents and kids into buying them again,
    and of course take double profit margins at Hasbro for not having to cough up for new tooling, but yeah, they certainly selected all the turds lol.

They would have done better digging back a few years, maybe reused the old Prime 1st Edition mold, or the Classics mold, idk,
    some molds that might at least have some worth to collectors as well. I can see this whole line going on clearance the week or so after
    it hits retail--this is pretty much exactly what I would envision if there was ever a "Shelfwarmers"-themed parody horror movie made.

20. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 I HAVE THE POWER!

News Credits:
    Those numbers sure seem random...