New Beast wars reissues revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Mar 11, 2021.

1. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Back when Rattrap was released with a new mold, I said on ATT I wanted an exclusive repaint called Lab Rat, and it would be a white mouse that would turn into a white robot inside a dissected bloody open mouse, just to make use of the shellforming transformation. He would be a mad Maximal scientist. Now is my chance again, on the original mold! So, if there's no Lab Rat Generations Select, I'll have to commission one. Radicons, get ready!

#iwantmylabrat

• Like Like x 7
  2. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

I was born in ‘84, and while raised on G1, reruns, hand me down toys, micromasters, the movie, G2, etc... (which I loved)

Mannnn did Beast Wars hit me at just the right age. Between my paper route money and my meager allowance(as well as a couple good birthdays and Christmases) I was able to have a complete BW collection right up until Transmetal 2’s. I’m talking the fuzors, McDonald’s toys, MicroMachine bases, all of it.

I even managed to snag a w1 Tarantulas & complete my w1 collection by jumping on this crazy new thing called the internet, going to the BigBot TF forum, and making a friend across the pond in the UK where he was still on shelves. I mailed him TM Inferno & he sent me Tarantulas along with a cool UK Beast Wars fan comic.

So suffice to say, I am super pleased to see BW getting it’s due. Between these, Kingdom, MP, the comic, and everything else coming out, it’s a great time to be a BW fan. I already know seeing that retro packaging hanging on pegs again is gonna be a nostalgia hit right in the feels. Can’t wait.

• Like Like x 11
  3. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    They look great, but as I have got the originals, I am good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Oddly enough this is the first time they've redone the original Rattrap and not just reissued the Transmetal version, so maybe they did go back and recreate it?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I did the same thing. I had the fox kids repaints of cheetor and tarantulas that I painted and I wish I hadn't done it now lol those versions are cool but all I wanted was show accuracy

• Like Like x 2
  6. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

I did the same stupid things to some of my toys as a young lad (namely my old Irwin imported Super Battle Collection DBZ figures), so I definitely feel your pain. :p 

That would probably explain his higher than usual price.

• Like Like x 1
  7. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can I just say I am totally against this mentality.

I get it, I understand it and I feel for said people.

However as a G1 collector I've been clamouring for Slapdash.... Autobot Targetmasters... Triggerbots/cons, Firecons, sparkabots and throttlebots...

Can we get those? Because overtime as sure as night follows day, beast wars, RID and AEC will start to get more product and G1 will shrink to more 84. This has been a golden period for the neglected G1 characters, can we just finally get the rest before they move on, please?

8. SuperSlacker

SuperSlacker Guy who lives in Nemesis Prime's sleeper cab

You know they wouldn’t go to all the trouble of reverse engineering the Rattrap mold if they weren’t planning on milking it for all it’s worth...

Packrat repaint incoming (eventually)

• Like Like x 6
  9. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hope we see a show accurate terrorsaur and even inferno for those who don t have these

• Like Like x 4
  10. DetectiveFork

DetectiveFork Well-Known Member

I want more G1 characters that haven't been remade, too, but c'mon, Beast Wars needed some love.

• Like Like x 7
  11. Lore Keeper

Lore Keeper Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I think, if they continue with lines like Kingdom, we can get the best of both worlds. Mix a little of this, a little of that. Over time, you could see the more obscure characters we clamor for. Thrilling 30 was pretty good for that. We got some really interesting picks like Nightbeat, Dreadwing, and Sky-Byte.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I absolutely can't wait for them, since I never had any Beast Wars figures so this is a start for me. Now I do wish we have gotten more G1 reissues as well. I thought Hasbro lost the basic Rattrap mold?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    That is some awesome promo photography. Glad we’re continuing the effort we’ve see since the Siege era. Very nice to see.

• Like Like x 6
  14. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I agree, it nice to see some other lines besides G1 to be reissued and I am all for it. Now I do want more G1 reissues as well, especially those who haven't been reissued in a while like Hound, Bruticus or nevered reissued before like those lost molds or characters from Japanese and European G1 lines.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sigmus Prime

Sigmus Prime Seein' Spots!

It really is phenomenal. There's something blatantly nostalgic about it here and I'm not sure why, lol.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Boople Barp

Boople Barp Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    It’s effort. Toy ads used to inspire imagination. The white void is not conducive to this, and I am glad it has taken a backseat for these reveals.

• Like Like x 4
  17. dudes107

dudes107 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Optimus Primal and Megatron got me hooked(which one do you reckon I should try and get by the way?). Kingdom Blackarachnia isn’t bad, but QC issues rooted in the transformation are the kiss of death(specifically the arms. I’m either stupid weak, or the swivel is bad, because I actually managed to Pop off one of her arms trying to get her back in Robot mode)

18. Renga

Renga Otaku-ish.

News Credits:
    A very astute observation of the times, retro figures are big business across all franchises and companies don't mind the fan service as long as it keeps there margins in the black. A wanting audience buying these will create opportunity for other properties and lines to be offered again to consumers. It's the retail circle of life.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Fafnir72

Fafnir72 XYxInfinity

News Credits:
    Verily! Make it worth the effort for Hb or Takara! Give us more of their plastic crack :ev: . This could even bring in more converts to the cause (G1,BW etc etc)

20. Explosion_Rex

Explosion_Rex Well-Known Member

I do.

• Like Like x 3