New Bay Interview (No Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by toaprime, Jun 16, 2014.

1. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    At least they're not completely abandoning the idea of a pure robot movie, which is a good sign for a Cybertron movie, it's just too expensive right now, maybe it'll be possible in a decade (hopefully).

3. toaprime

News Credits:
    It would be cool to have a completely robot movie! I could see it coming a ways down though.

4. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

It seems like Bay have grown with the franchise

From Boy, Girl and a car to

"To me, it's a mythology; that's what the creator originally conceived of and then it became a toy. So I think cracking the code in this case is not approaching it as a toy movie, but rather as a mythology and a tale of good versus evil involving aliens who have an interesting story. And that's kind of where we take this movie. It opens the door to explore where the Transformers came from."

5. toaprime

News Credits:
    The last part of that quote sounds really interesting!

6. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

This one as well.

"Di Bonaventura: Yeah, my secret is that Michael Bay's directing. [laughs] Honestly, he's done a phenomenal job. I think The Lego Movie is quite amazing, because they just had Legos to work with, whereas we're drawing from cartoons, comics and other aspects of the bigger Transformers mythology. It also comes down to the creative team, which is usually spearheaded by the director. Michael has been able to push for a creative environment that's kept this franchise evolving. It's never stayed static."

Obviously they have read/watched more and more stuff through the years, and have more to get inspired from.

7. toaprime

News Credits:
    Yeah, it seems that with the likes of Lockdown and the Dinobots, etc. that they are really reaching to make the new movies awesome, stick to characters, and expand the Movieverse.

8. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Hasbro probably haid a thing or two to say.
    What we will see is if the characters are better done then in the first three movies (Cybertronians).
    And how big will the expansion of the universe be through the next three movies.

9. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So right now, I'm just trying to get to the finish line on this film. Even Steven was like, "I don't know how you guys are going to finish the movie!" But we'll get there—we always do.

Bad news?

10. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully they actually delve into that aspect then - the first trilogy just kept resetting things back to an event from the past that connects with the Transformers but it never really explained their mythology other than being created from the Allspark.

Side Note;
    You can do Transformers Mythology better and I hope you make use of the potential that TF;AOE has to expand on the mythology as its confirmed we'll be seeing TF5 in 3 years time.

Sure it would be more expensive but you can justify the extra expenditure on the film considering it could potentially earn you several billion more. I hardly see how he believes it is expensive when we've had an entire CGI world in Avatar made for only $37 million more than ROTF.

237 million
    Transformers ROTF;
    $200 million

Don't forget that if they extended the shooting time for the film giving it an extra year they'd have longer to work on the film and thus the cost of the CGI work would be cheaper.

Side Note;
    TF;AOE is already proving your statement about the CGI wrong as you made that for only $15 million more than the first film and yet it has better quality actors, a better script and better CGI in a larger quantity than say 'ROTF' which you made for $200m or 'DOTM' which you made for $195m

Means they'll be cutting corners... remember the scene of Tessa on the wires where the CGI was barely passable? That sort of thing is likely going to occur in places throughout if they are indeed rushing the film to get it ready. Fight scenes should be fairly good as they'll have had a larger focus, but less important scenes may suffer.

11. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    If you look at the date the interview was written, it says "June 10th", I'm assuming it's all going steady at the moment. If Michael Bay wasn't confident in completing the movie on time, he wouldn't have set the Hong Kong premiere date so early. There's nothing to worry about.

12. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

Going full Cgi, dropping the expensive actors for less paid voice actors, should balance it out in a couple of years.
    So maybe he could easily plan for the sixt to be all cgi.

They can also cut corners in the Transformations. And still the majority wouldn't notice

13. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay is always constantly tweaking his movies until the last possible minute. He was even doing tweaks to Revenge of The Fallen the day it was to premiere in Hong Kong (I think).

Time crunching is nothing new for him.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Toyko

15. Primal1987

Primal1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks. I was thinking off the top of my head, so I wasn't sure. :) 

16. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    That was a fantastic article and really showed that Bay has grown attached to the franchise. I love the way he described everything so vividly.

YASSSSSSS, MICHAEL. This was my favorite sentence/quote from the article, because I agree with him 100%.

[​IMG]

Took the thoughts from my head.

:drool:  Excitement level up 1,000.

Glad that idea isn't out of the window, destroyed.

17. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Didn't Cameron foot several of Avatar's bills with his own money outside of the 237 mill budget, though? I swear I recall reading that, but I could be wrong.

Edit: Nevermind, I think that was a rumor that came from the fact that the actual cost of Avatar was so much higher than they reported (around 300-400mill mark with all expenses added).

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  18. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    A pure robot movie would not take place on Earth though. It would take place on Cybertron and the closest thing to that is the War for Cybertron / Fall of Cybertron game series.

Why make it Live Action when you don't have Live Human Actors?

As long as it takes place on Earth, they have to have humans

19. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

That's exactly what I want to see a live action prequel on cybertron with all bots and zero humans

20. MelficeCyrum

MelficeCyrum Well-Known Member

But we already have the IDW comics that are the prequel to the movies?

I mean a pure-robot Pre-Earth movie would just be a rehash of the comics.

And honestly pure-robot movie would be boring as heck. If I just want to watch robots beat each other up in awesome animation I'd save the movie ticket money and watch Gundam or Macross.