New Battle In Space Box Set

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Shin Densetsu, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where's the comic? Must be Euro version or something.

2. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    You mean this? :) 

[​IMG]

3. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Sweet, More reveal the shield merchandise. So they are a varient from the three pack: as They have rub sign stickers!

Must have this. But I think target may pick it up as a spring promotion when reveal the shield is in gear.

4. Rodimus_Prime

Rodimus_Prime Until all are one!

News Credits:
    Milking the mold! Those are atrocious colors for Rodimus...

5. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, that. Shouldn't it be right in the middle, between the two figures?

6. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Stupid question but will these be in retails stores? If so, which ones? Target? Was waiting for the three pack with galvatron but now I take it was only a UK release? I'm totally lost here.

7. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Since these are "throwback" to their G1 colors, maybe that's why the comic book looks old school?

8. Waverider

Waverider Supreme Dude

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If it's packed like Animated Jetfire/Jetstorm 2-pack. It will be packed behind the figures and not displayed.

9. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    It'd be a whole lot more if it was a BBTS Exclusive. I'm thinking it's like the ROTF NEST Bumblebee & Soundwave set and the Animated Jetfire & Jetstorm and Optimus & Megatron sets. Just a 2 pack that's available every where.

Randy

10. GavynN.X.

GavynN.X. I want AM thundercracker

News Credits:
    Holy monkey you don't have to tell me twice

11. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rodimus and his gun that shoots blood.

12. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

I'd recommend using the previous Anime color Rodimus as a thing to wear the Protector armor as the opaque windows don't matter then. and the slight contrast in shade might make the set look interesting.

My main complain with the 3 pack Rodimus was the opaque windows so if they fix that I'd get it again and maybe lend Nightstick to the forthcoming Scourge or to Generations Blur.

If they go with this idea and actually provide new bonus accessories they could certainly come up with some good stuff - like new Targetmasters, The Diognostic Drone From Beast Machines, mini-allspark cube, or Allspark device from Animated and many others.

Even weapons certain characters were missing that they used on a TV show - such as Dinobot or Rattrap's guns.

I suspect that they just got that Matrix from another toy though and threw it in.

But the return of "Battle in a box" is something i'd strongly support especially if it includes the missing Animated Repaints or repacks of things like the last half dozen Animated toys. and maybe things like Classics Thundercracker & Sunstorm & Detritus.

Maybe they could even expand the idea and do a bigger size with one DX VS one Voyager like they did before and make Cybertronian Ramjet, Cybertronian Skywarp, and others sort of like what they did recently with the Recon Ironhide Repaint and the Starscream repaint or the Mudflap/Skids + Shanghai Demolishor set.

There's those Japanese reissues of classic/Henkei toys to think of as well they could take those and put them in multi-packs so they run off some extra ones for the USA market as well as Japan.

Or if they did use Movie toys there's some ideas that would work better than the recent ones did for example putting the Japanese color version of Sidearm Sideswipe in a boxed set.

[edit]

It looks like Rodimus does have some suggestion of flame on his chest it's just been washed out by the flash of the photograph.

Pity they are reveal the shield - but on the plus side at least Kup & Rod' and Cyclonus & Scourge will Match styles.

It might have been a better idea though to wait and do a multi-pack of Blurr, Kup & Scourge.

I hope they do make a slight repaint of Scourge so one can be the leader and the other type the troops.

------------

Where was the 3 pack release at UK retail I thought only collectable shops got them and they ordered them from Hasbro Hong Kong and had them sent to them from China.

I've never heard anyone in the UK say they were out in say The Entertainer or TRU etc...

13. CommanderPrime

CommanderPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    This set looks AWSOME. Does anyone know if this is coming to the US yet? I really hope it is, but if not, i will buy it from TF Source.

14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    We don't know if Kup & Scourge are going to be in Generations or Reveal the Shield yet.

In the Club magazine with Scourge, G2 Optimus, Perceptor, Trailcutter, Tracks, and Wreck-Gar.

Trailcutter and Tracks have the Reveal the Shield Rub Symbols and no other figures do.

G2 Optimus & Scourge have regular Autobot & Decepticon symbols.

Perceptor & Wreck-Gar have no symbols.

So I'm thinking at least Scourge & G2 Optimus will be in Generations, and perhaps Perceptor & Wreck-Gar too.

Randy

15. Predarican

Predarican Top Gunner G1er

Ebay:
    I JUST had my three pack sent last week!!!! Galvatron is still sitting in the package. This would have been way better.

16. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I getting this pack with Universe Galvatron as a bonus gift.

17. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Glad I stay away from overseas releases. Ditto with Red Alert.

Is the Cyclonus the same from the 3-pack? I am sure that question was asked an answered, but I can't seem to find it...

18. ConvoyGTR

ConvoyGTR Generation 1

omg wtf..... not only did i overpay for the 3 pack but now im losing out on having a matrix too :( 

19. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Hmm. The hues on these two seem to be darker than the CAC 3-pack. Hopefully when this set is leaked, people will be able to confirm or deny, as that might be a selling point for me.

20. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    DANG IT! as soon as it was announced this wasn't US bound I bought the 3 pack! CRAP!